• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 |OT| - Same glitches, different physics

Ah shit, that disallowed goal video just brought me back on the bandwagon. Goddamn you NHL, you do this to me everytime.

Takao

Banned
Pig faced Toews is a reminder to never forget.

Toews on the cover is a warning to never buy.

Marvie_3 said:
Dunno if there's even going to be a PS3 team this year. It always dies in about a week. :lol

I don't play online anyways. EA Servers are terrible.

Megadeth - "Dialectic Chaos"
Pantera - "Walk"
Dropkick Murphys - "Shipping Up To Boston (Live)"
Europe - "The Final Countdown"
The Ramones - "Blitzkrieg Bop"

Only highlights in that soundtrack.

NoRéN

Good Stuff, Marv.

Hey Marv, since you're colorblind, does that mean the Blackhawks are just the Hawks to you?

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Good Stuff, Marv.

Hey Marv, since you're colorblind, does that mean the Blackhawks are just the Hawks to you?
I'm not really colorblind. I was just trying to fuck with laserbot. :lol

Besides, why would our team colors matter if I couldn't see them anyway? ;)

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
I'm not really colorblind. I was just trying to fuck with laserbot. :lol

Besides, why would the team colors matter if I couldn't see them anyway? ;)
Then let it rain pink and purple jerseys!!!!

"Custom Sweater (10)
Complete an EA SPORTS™ Hockey League match while wearing a Custom Jersey"

Whats this all about? finally some custome jerseys in EASHL? I havent seen anything on that, is it like Skate where I can go online and make rad logos?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
funkmastergeneral said:
Can't wait for this! Be a GM looks great, hope they fixed the glaring issues from last year.
i think in lieu of fixing the issues, they just made the 'hockey ultimate team' mode (which im in love with on the demo)

Proc

this is the best series of games to have buddies over, drink, and play a handful of awesome online matches. so many whistles blown, so many sips of beer.

Stackboy

I only buy this game every second year, but being from Australia it's pretty much the best source of hockey action we can get (Only about 4 games played a week on cable.)

Marvie_3

Banned
sefskillz said:
even sober, i cant believe theres not a single pred in the OP screenshot gallery, im not necessarily blaming you marvie. but i am.
Since you're one of my favorite NHL-GAFers, I was going to put a Preds screenshot in the OP. Problem is, there isn't a single screenshot with the Preds in it.

Nobiru said:
"Custom Sweater (10)
Complete an EA SPORTS™ Hockey League match while wearing a Custom Jersey"

Whats this all about? finally some custome jerseys in EASHL? I havent seen anything on that, is it like Skate where I can go online and make rad logos?
HHnZV.jpg

No custom logos though. :(
sefskillz said:
sips? im guessin marvie isn't one of your friends
:lol :lol

I have a problem... :(

Mrbob

Damn why are the NHL chieves so tough to get! :lol

Time to retire the Kaner box soon and welcome Toews into the home!

May16

Man broken sticks and disallowed goals sound like they'll kinda piss me off.

Hope they fix some of the Be a GM issues.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Great job on the thread, Marvie.

Everybody interested should join our EASHL teamS.
Fixed.

Due to the 6-players at a time limit, we're going to setup multiple teams and do a draft. It'll be a lot different setup than we've had in years past but should be a lot more fun. :D

Giard

Marvie_3 said:
Fixed.

Due to the 6-players at a time limit, we're going to setup multiple teams and do a draft. It'll be a lot different setup than we've had in years past but should be a lot more fun. :D

Are we allowed to join multiple teams this year? My friends want to have a team of their own, but I'd love to join NeoGAF's as well.

Marvie_3

Banned
Giard said:
Are we allowed to join multiple teams this year? My friends want to have a team of their own, but I'd love to join NeoGAF's as well.
Nope. Your friends could join GAF and hop in our team though. :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
First time in a long time I may have to preorder. I usually now just pick the games up at the futureshop across from my work.

Marvie_3

Banned
speculawyer said:
Wow, Great OP!

I might have to pick this up this year.
But I miss NHL 2Kn. :-(
Thanks!

I absolutely loved the presentation in 2K10. Everything else was a complete mess though. I really hope that the year off will give 2K time to bring their NHL series back up to speed. They do a lot of things right but the things they do wrong are very wrong.

Giard said:
If they'd join NeoGAF now, it would be for NHL 12's EASHL team, not this years' :lol
Good point. :lol

I was playing the demo and in like every situation / tackle / shot someones stick broke. Well I guess they want to show off their new broken stick mechanics but still...

I haven't bought a NHL game in what, 10 years, but I guess now could be a good time

Haven't bought an NHL game since 08 but I think this will finally entice me to upgrade.

I have a question, since I haven't played the last couple of games very extensively... is this the first NHL game where cross-ice one-timers in front of the net don't make up 75% of the goals? It seems very hard to complete these plays in the demo, the passes always get intercepted in the slot. Which makes me happy since it always seemed way too easy to make those plays in the other games.

Marvie_3

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
I was playing the demo and in like every situation / tackle / shot someones stick broke. Well I guess they want to show off their new broken stick mechanics but still...

I haven't bought a NHL game in what, 10 years, but I guess now could be a good time
I haven't seen that many sticks break myself. Maybe you're just really good at breaking them. :lol

revolverjgw said:
Haven't bought an NHL game since 08 but I think this will finally entice me to upgrade.

I have a question, since I haven't played the last couple of games very extensively... is this the first NHL game where cross-ice one-timers in front of the net don't make up 75% of the goals? It seems very hard to complete these plays in the demo, the passes always get intercepted in the slot. Which makes me happy since it always seemed way too easy to make those plays in the other games.
They do seem a lot harder to pull off this year. Last year that was the most used way of scoring. Really seems like they tweaked the AI to finally put a stop to it.

I might be in if they allow you to use your be a pro player in a regular season where you control all the players. This annoyed me to no end in last years game.

Marvie_3

Banned
the nightman cometh said:
I might be in if they allow you to use your be a pro player in a regular season where you control all the players. This annoyed me to no end in last years game.
I'm pretty sure you can add your created player to the roster and use him in Be A GM.

Marvie_3 said:
I absolutely loved the presentation in 2K10. Everything else was a complete mess though. I really hope that the year off will give 2K time to bring their NHL series back up to speed. They do a lot of things right but the things they do wrong are very wrong.
That is optimistic. I think the series may be dead since NHL isn't very big in the USA and EA's game has been crushing NHL 2Kn in sales.

Top Bottom