• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 |OT| - Same glitches, different physics

LevityNYC

Banned
Yuck. They totally messed up the Rangers jerseys. The new ones are soooo nice and they completely screwed up the shade of blue.

I'm not redeeming the code out of principle.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
they screwed up the blue on the jackets jersey as well. probably some last minute changes were made or something... that or EA just doesn't give a shit

sefskillz said:
they screwed up the blue on the jackets jersey as well. probably some last minute changes were made or something... that or EA just doesn't give a shit
They talked about it on the podcast. The NHL didn't give them pictures of the actual jerseys, they are just going by the uniform guide which I believe is hand drawn. Either the colour ending up looking different on the actual material or the team made a change before the jerseys were finalized.

Marvie_3

Banned
LevityNYC said:
No excuse. The Rangers jersey was leaked MONTHS ago.
Considering that they don't give a shit about fixing other problems that have been in the game for years, I highly doubt they care that the color on a 3rd jersey is off.

Marvie_3 said:
Considering that they don't give a shit about fixing other problems that have been in the game for years, I highly doubt they care that the color on a 3rd jersey is off.

Seriously, of all the things to bitch about...

Montresor

I bought the game yesterday and I have some questions:

1) I turned off auto-backskate in the settings but my defensemen still auto-backskate when the opposition is heading into my zone... How do I fix this? Can I fix this? This wasn't a problem in NHL 10.

2) I started a Be-A-GM file with my Leafs, and the CPU is way too difficult. I'm getting massacred in every game. I can barely start an offensive rush. The CPU is trapping like mad every rush and they intercept nearly everything, and I'm only on All-Star mode. Anyone have optimal settings for the three CPU learning options in the settings menu? I believe the three CPU options are CPU learning, CPU adjust, and CPU strategy adjust. I probably have them too high right now. In fact, is there a guide with optimal settings for every single category that results in realistic results (ice time per defenseman, penalties per game, shots per game, etc...)?

And FYI I'm sticking to All-Star because the moment I knock the difficulty back to pro I win a game 5-2 very easily. I have a 1-4 record so far and the one win is on pro mode and the other 4 losses are massacres on all-star mode.

Chrange

Banned
nourali2 said:

1) I turned off auto-backskate in the settings but my defensemen still auto-backskate when the opposition is heading into my zone... How do I fix this? Can I fix this? This wasn't a problem in NHL 10.

2) I started a Be-A-GM file with my Leafs, and the CPU is way too difficult. I'm getting massacred in every game. I can barely start an offensive rush. The CPU is trapping like mad every rush and they intercept nearly everything, and I'm only on All-Star mode. Anyone have optimal settings for the three CPU learning options in the settings menu? I believe the three CPU options are CPU learning, CPU adjust, and CPU strategy adjust. I probably have them too high right now. In fact, is there a guide with optimal settings for every single category that results in realistic results (ice time per defenseman, penalties per game, shots per game, etc...)?

And FYI I'm sticking to All-Star because the moment I knock the difficulty back to pro I win a game 5-2 very easily. I have a 1-4 record so far and the one win is on pro mode and the other 4 losses are massacres on all-star mode.

Leafs huh? Can't guess why it'd be so hard with that powerhouse... :lol

nourali2 said:

1.You can try turning it back off and on again but it's pretty buggy and doesn't always turn itself off.

2. The leafs being sucky may have something to do with it. :lol :D

Montresor

Lol, the auto-backskate thing is a known bug? Golf clap for EA. Why can't they just take the previous year's version and add to it without consequence. There always seem to be random little omissions every year.

So after about playing half a season with the San Jose Sharks in NHL 11 in All Star/Superstar difficulty, I've decided to just play one game on the Rookie setting to see how many goals I can rack up.

217shs.jpg

and the stats for that game:
2vslus7.jpg

nwws61.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I've built a somewhat ridiculous SJ Sharks team by the following:

Traded away:
Setoguchi
Demers
Vlasic

in return for:
Willie Mitchell