• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 11 |OT| - Same glitches, different physics

TheVisualizer said:
The GAF 360 EASHL team is still going strong, and were always looking for more players, if anybody wants to play some non-cheese club hockey with GAF, pop into the club thread and sign up. We play almost everyday. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=403471&page=28

Marvie will probably reply to this post, disregard anything negative he says about me or the club...it's not true

I thought you quit. :mad:

Selling the game now, after all these stupid updates and tuner shits, they have officially made this into the fuck fest that was NHL 10, stupid gameplay, stupid goalies, stupid goals go in, stupid saves, stupid AI, stupid lines.

Marvie_3

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Selling the game now, after all these stupid updates and tuner shits, they have officially made this into the fuck fest that was NHL 10, stupid gameplay, stupid goalies, stupid goals go in, stupid saves, stupid AI, stupid lines.
That's because it basically is NHL 10, better known as NHL 07.4.

LevityNYC

Banned
I have over 100 games played online with a pretty good record. I don't play OTP or EASHL, but online Vs. play is pretty damn flawless.

Sure goalies allow bad goals sometimes, but that happens in real hockey too.

The only thing that bugs me is when the refs don't call an obvious hit from behind.

LevityNYC said:
I have over 100 games played online with a pretty good record. I don't play OTP or EASHL, but online Vs. play is pretty damn flawless.

Sure goalies allow bad goals sometimes, but that happens in real hockey too.

The only thing that bugs me is when the refs don't call an obvious hit from behind.

It's the best hockey game ever but, I wouldn't say it's the best sports game ever, Be-A-GM mode is atrocious and broken, the goalie A.I. in every mode needs an overhaul and the presentation is shit, but you are right online VS mode and even offline Vs mode against the CPU is pretty solid. EASHL is a like night and day because all CPU controlled players on your team (most importantly the goalie) have piss poor ratings in the 50's so they give up retarded goals.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I see, so you just won't play with me? :mad:

I wasn't feeling like playing for a few days, ask the other 5 people I turned down playing with too, it ain't personal. Taking crushing defeats every day for a month straight will break you after awhile.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
It's the best hockey game ever but, I wouldn't say it's the best sports game ever, Be-A-GM mode is atrocious and broken, the goalie A.I. in every mode needs an overhaul and the presentation is shit, but you are right online VS mode and even offline Vs mode against the CPU is pretty solid. EASHL is a like night and day because all CPU controlled players on your team (most importantly the goalie) have piss poor ratings in the 50's so they give up retarded goals.
Blades of Steel and NHL '94 kick the shit out of anything.

Goalie A.I. and realisitic shooting/puck physics are the most glaring needs for NHL 12.

Marvie_3 said:
Blades of Steel and NHL '94 kick the shit out of anything.

Goalie A.I. and realisitic shooting/puck physics are the most glaring needs for NHL 12.

Blades of Steel was garbage, NES Ice Hockey was better

NHL94 was the shit, that game is a classic

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Blades of Steel was garbage, NES Ice Hockey was better

NHL94 was the shit, that game is a classic
It didn't even have 5 players on each team! Plus, there's no way the fat guys could ever really play hockey!

I hope they do a complete overhaul on Be a GM for NHL 2012. This years effort was god awful. I think all the game modes is starting to be to much work for them on a yearly basis. They just don't have time to improve stuff like Be a GM, be a pro, online, along with adding stuff like HUT

Marvie_3

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
I hope they do a complete overhaul on Be a GM for NHL 2012. This years effort was god awful. I think all the game modes is starting to be to much work for them on a yearly basis. They just don't have time to improve stuff like Be a GM, be a pro, online, along with adding stuff like HUT
Agreed. That's part of why I was really disappointed to see HUT included. They already can't keep up with regular development on a yearly basis, adding new modes forces them to overlook all the annoying little bugs/glitches.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
HUT is a damn fine idea and I appreciate the effort. It fell a little short for me eventually, but I had a blast with it

There's other shit that should be fixed, but its the same shit everyone was saying 3 years ago. Im not counting on it anytime soon

Marvie_3

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
I can see them focusing on HUT a lot in the future though, due to the revenue it undoubtedly produces through suckers buying pucks with space bucks.
Hopefully EA will use some of that money and hire more programmers for the NHL team.

:lol

Last NHL game I bought was 09. My brother has bought 10/11 so I've played it at his place. Hadn't touched 09 in forever until yesterday when I played online with a friend. 09 was fantastic and I prefer it over 10/11. All the stuff they've added and changed really hasn't added all that much, just makes it overly complicated.

sefskillz said:
HUT is a damn fine idea and I appreciate the effort. It fell a little short for me eventually, but I had a blast with it

There's other shit that should be fixed, but its the same shit everyone was saying 3 years ago. Im not counting on it anytime soon

O, it's definitely not a bad idea but like their other additions it spreads their team too thin and winds up having a bunch of broken game type instead of less game types and a better overall performance.

Shalashaska said:
Last NHL game I bought was 09. My brother has bought 10/11 so I've played it at his place. Hadn't touched 09 in forever until yesterday when I played online with a friend. 09 was fantastic and I prefer it over 10/11. All the stuff they've added and changed really hasn't added all that much, just makes it overly complicated.

Nah, 09 was still the "beta" stage and things were a lot worse then.

Is there anyway to quit a HUT game without getting penalized? My friend wanted to play a game online while I was playing an HUT game so I leave and I get slapped on the hand? Fuck you EA

Marvie_3

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Is there anyway to quit a HUT game without getting penalized? My friend wanted to play a game online while I was playing an HUT game so I leave and I get slapped on the hand? Fuck you EA
Nope.

Marvie_3 said:
I wish they'd go back to those full-time. The ones they have now are ugly.

I like the black and silver ones they rock, I think they are the alternates, they should come up with a white one to wear on the road like that and scrap all the new ones that have purple in them... :lol at them trying to share colors with the lakers because they play in the same building...

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
I like the black and silver ones they rock, I think they are the alternates, they should come up with a white one to wear on the road like that and scrap all the new ones that have purple in them... :lol at them trying to share colors with the lakers because they play in the same building...
You do realize that the original owner of the Kings also owned the Lakers for awhile right? The Lakers only wore those colors for a year or two before the Kings were formed. The owner was also the one who picked the color scheme for the Kings originally.

Marvie_3 said:
You do realize that the original owner of the Kings also owned the Lakers for awhile right? The Lakers only wore those colors for a year or two before the Kings were formed. The owner was also the one who picked the color scheme for the Kings originally.

Didn't know that about the owner, but doesn't change anything. They played for 25 years and were irrelevant until Wayne was traded there

Lakers = world famous sports franchise with iconic colors
Kings = sports franchise only relevant for 5 years

Marvie_3

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
Didn't know that about the owner, but doesn't change anything. They played for 25 years and were irrelevant until Wayne was traded there

Lakers = world famous sports franchise with iconic colors
Kings = sports franchise only relevant for 5 years
Well, it does though. They weren't trying to rip off the Lakers.

Phthisis said:
Those Ducks and Rangers jerseys are hideous. So are those blue Buffalo ones. Blech.

The shade of blue in the Buffalo ones look weird now after years of the darker blue, but otherwise I like the lettering, it's a throwback to the Buffalo Bisons logo, just without the Pepsi tie-in.

bisonsjersey.jpg

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Damn, I was about to head to bed after playing RDR: Undead Nightmare for two hours...then I saw the code was up. Time to check out the Vancouver jersey in BAP.

TheFatOne

Ok so I had some amazon credit and bought this game for 15$. The game is really awesome. The only problem is that I know nothing about hockey. I'm having problems in be a pro mode. Can anyone give me some tips on what I should be doing on offense and defense. One big problem I have with my pro guy is that I'm always getting destroyed by the defense. They can check the shit out of me, but I can't really hit them. What stat should I improve to help with this?

Marvie_3

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Ok so I had some amazon credit and bought this game for 15$. The game is really awesome. The only problem is that I know nothing about hockey. I'm having problems in be a pro mode. Can anyone give me some tips on what I should be doing on offense and defense. One big problem I have with my pro guy is that I'm always getting destroyed by the defense. They can check the shit out of me, but I can't really hit them. What stat should I improve to help with this?
On offense: Score goals
On defense: Don't let the other team score goals

Really, it depends on what position you are. Which one are you?

Balance is the stat that will help with not getting checked. If your player is really small, he'll get checked a lot no matter what your balance is.

TheFatOne

Marvie_3 said:
On offense: Score goals
On defense: Don't let the other team score goals

Really, it depends on what position you are. Which one are you?

Balance is the stat that will help with not getting checked. If your player is really small, he'll get checked a lot no matter what your balance is.

I'm playing right wing right now. My biggest problem is that I don't understand where I should be on offense and defense. Even though I'm not very good the game is still a ton of fun.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheFatOne said:
I'm playing right wing right now. My biggest problem is that I don't understand where I should be on offense and defense. Even though I'm not very good the game is still a ton of fun.
Offense can really vary depending on where your teammates are. Just try to find some open ice for a pass and a good shot.

On defense, a wing's job is to cover the opposing team's defensemen. You'll want to play higher up in the defensive zone and make passes/shots harder from that part of the ice.

Edit: Are you playing on 360?

TheFatOne

Marvie_3 said:
Offense can really vary depending on where your teammates are. Just try to find some open ice for a pass and a good shot.

On defense, a wing's job is to cover the opposing team's defensemen. You'll want to play higher up in the defensive zone and make passes/shots harder from that part of the ice.

Edit: Are you playing on 360?

Thanks for the advice playing on the PS3.

Marvie_3

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Thanks for the advice playing on the PS3.
Ah. If you were on 360, we're playing some GAFers vs. GAFers games this weekend. You coulda hopped in for some practice. Most of us aren't very good either but it'd be a good learning experience. :lol

Marvie_3 said:
Ah. If you were on 360, we're playing some GAFers vs. GAFers games this weekend. You coulda hopped in for some practice. Most of us aren't very good either but it'd be a good learning experience. :lol

where do i sign up?

TheFatOne

Played an entire month in be a pro and I don't think I will be playing NHL 11 anymore. The amount of time I have to put into the game to upgrade my abilities is ridiculous. How the hell do they expect me to upgrade my player when I get a total of 120-150 exp per game. I looked at the boosts, and to unlock them I have to play modes I have zero interest in or spend a massive amount of time in the game.It's like they designed all the boosts so that people like me are forced to buy them. Be a pro mode is just poorly designed and such a massive disappointment. I'm going to stick to NBA 2k11.

Top Bottom