• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Heretic

I want you to support the Red Wings... or else!
You're up against the Preds. I support you... THIS ROUND!
5E6zT.png

Where is Sanjuro? He's in my five favs!

Solo

How much return does a team usually get for a #1 pick? I know nothing about pick trades.

Depends on who they trade to and how desperate the other team is for Yakupov. In Edmonton's case, they'd probably command an elite D-man plus that team's first rounder.

ShaneB

How much return does a team usually get for a #1 pick? I know nothing about pick trades.

General thinking is that #1 picks tend to be future franchise players. It's obviously different for each team, but an expected return would definitely be some major key pieces that the team needs.

It's going to be interesting to see what the Oilers do with it.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
If both Jeff Schultz and Corvo are both dressed for games during the series can we just agree to both have a smaller bench? If they're on at the same time it's like playing 4 on 4.

t0mp

Philadelphia Flyers
BREAKING: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren announced that Danny Briere & Nicklas Grossmann WILL be in the lineup tonight for Game 1.

/thumbsup

Parch

Oilers shouldn't trade the pick unless it's a ridiculously great offer. Yakupov is the clear number one. 2-12 is a toss up. Oilers really lucked out winning the lottery because there's a significant difference in value between the #1 and #2 this year.

Oilers should not trade down, they should trade up.
Offer the #32 pick and ask what else it will take to move up about 20 spots. That way they can keep Yakupov and get another first round pick around 8-14 to draft one of those top prospect d-man.

ShaneB

Browsing last years playoff thread is indeed hilarious. Reminded me it seemed like the year of the comeback as well. People bailing out early saying it's over, only to return when it's a tie game again. :lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
IT'S PLAYOFF DAAAAAY. Jersey on - check. Should be studying for finals instead - check. Do not care - check. BRING IT ON.

What's the first series to start?

Revenant

IT'S PLAYOFF DAAAAAY. Jersey on - check. Should be studying for finals instead - check. Do not care - check. BRING IT ON.

What's the first series to start?

Pitt - Philly at 7:30 EST
Det - Nash at 8:00 PM EST
Van - LA at 10:30 PM EST

guess i have to go to the gym early today so i can drown myself in hockey tonight.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7796394/how-pittburgh-penguins-feel-being-most-hated-team-national-hockey-league

This shit NEEDS to stop. The comments made about the Pens were due to Crosby SLASHING THE SHIT out of our players and not getting penalized then complaining to ref for a number of minutes. Complain about Berube all you want, but I have way more respect for a guy that punches me in the face than the guy that slashes me in the back of the knee. This series is just gonna piss me off. I hope Rinaldo takes Crosby's head off tonight.

UberTag

haha, yeah. not sure if I agree. Kubina has played like ass but I'd rather have Gus..

oddly enough I like most of pens gaf.. anything can happen though..
I also like most of Pens-GAF.
Cheering for the Flyers to win this series makes me feel dirty.
But as a fan of the Bs, I fear Pittsburgh more and I want to see another Bruins-Flyers confrontation after what went down the past two years.

Stolen from HFboards

'Twas the night before playoffs, and all through Vancouver
slept overconfident fans unaware their team would be losers.
The skates were all hung in the lockers with care,
awaiting the players that soon would be there.

Luongo was nestled, all snug in his bed
while nightmares of Mike Richards appeared in his head.
Carter rushing forward, King with him on the attack
As Lou braces for position, then falls on his back.

As that first of many, many pucks whistled by
Luongo rolled over, with tears in his eyes
When out of nowhere, his cellphone did ring
and he woke to the voice of his teammate, Henrik Sedin.

"Lou, I'm afraid... and feel a little bit sick,
I'm afraid I can't get one past top goalie Jonathan Quick..."
Luongo interrupted, and was a little bit stern,
"I can't help you there, I've my own concerns!"

When he got back in bed, and tried oh so hard to sleep,
He remembered Kopitar, and Williams, and started to weep.
And Doughty! And Mitchell! And Brown, and Stoll!
He shuddered at visions of goal after goal.

He knew it right then, that his team would fall,
and that once they'd bested Vancouver, the Kings would take all.
... Meanwhile across town, the Kings slept just fine,
each with only one vision, "The cup will be mine!"

Go Kings Go!

Beautiful.

ShaneB

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7796394/how-pittburgh-penguins-feel-being-most-hated-team-national-hockey-league

This shit NEEDS to stop. The comments made about the Pens were due to Crosby SLASHING THE SHIT out of our players and not getting penalized then complaining to ref for a number of minutes. Complain about Berube all you want, but I have way more respect for a guy that punches me in the face than the guy that slashes me in the back of the knee. This series is just gonna piss me off. I hope Rinaldo takes Crosby's head off tonight.

I never thought I'd be cheering for a Flyers win, but Pittsburgh has taken the lead as most hated team for me as well, edit: well I guess Boston is up there too :p. My brain picked the Pens to win the series, but man, this is a perfect case of where I'd love to be wrong. Go Flyers!!!

Gotta say I agree. I'd love to see Crosby get knocked on his ass tonight.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

Who is this Burnside guy who wrote the article? That article is terrible.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like Darren Helm will play tonight!

That would be a very welcome boost to our bottom 6.
I'm not actually happy with this. He (or they) is rushing himself back. There is no way his leg is healed enough. I hate when players do this and end up making it worse or they're just gimped and make stupid plays or waste a roster spot because they end up sitting more minutes.

Way to ignore the rest of the point. It's not like that was the emotional culmination of a legitimate gripe against the bullshit we have to read about the boy wonder.

Reading comprehension and such....

Your gripe is nothing more than whining. Ironic that the Flyers spend so much time whining about the Pens being the babies.

I'm glad some things never change. Walk into a room blind folded and pick out the biggest douche bag, chances are he'll by a an Eagles or Flyers fan.

Top Bottom