• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Tabris

I'm just not going to pay attention to Dastardly anymore. I'll read what he has to say after we win the Stanley Cup. He just has nothing to offer to playoff discussion as he's too busy Failing to Fail for Nail :)

Did you say something Tabris? Sorry I couldn't hear you, you sound a bit muffled...

g3eau.jpg

Alucard

Banned
OMG it's playoff morning! An excitement is in the air! A month and a half of ignoring my pregnant wife! Hope our marriage survives this!

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
tonights odds from sbgglobal

Flyers (+155) @ Pens (-175)
Wings (+115) @ Preds (-135)
Kings (+150) @ Canucks (-170)

FOOTE

Ready to get the playoffs going. Hitchcock is downplaying Elliott's injury. I'm sure Halak would have gotten the start tomorrow anyway though. Still curious about how Hitchcock is planning on splitting time between the two. He hasn't really said anything about it, and I doubt he plans on starting just Halak for the entire playoffs or even an entire round all by himself.

ShaneB

On the eve of the 2012 playoffs, I think I will revisit last year's Thread of Victory. Over 1/10th of my posts in 7 years on GAF are in that thread. Oh, the meltdowns, the joy, the memories...

I finally got my GAF account approved right around this time, so I jumped in right away. All I remember though is being called out for being a bandwagoner. lol

ShaneB

Finally, it's today. It's going to be a long day at work.

It's not even noon and I'm going crazy. Listening to radio playoff preview and analysis. I need it to start!! I'm just wondering what game to watch first I guess before the Canucks game. I'm really interested in seeing how the Preds play against the Wings, but Pens/Flyers should be a crazy series.

UberTag

On the eve of the 2012 playoffs, I think I will revisit last year's Thread of Victory. Over 1/10th of my posts in 7 years on GAF are in that thread. Oh, the meltdowns, the joy, the memories...
Last year's Cup run was something magical. So many clapping bears.
Will be a daunting task to repeat especially without Horton to give us a lift and win Game 7s for us.

Then again, we have a higher playoff seed than last year.
We scored more goals this season. The only team to outscore us were the Penguins.
We lead the league in goal differential.
We've only lost two of our last 10 games in regulation.

The first round matchups for last year's two finalists are both "the worst possible on paper" in the eyes of both team's fanbases. We draw last season's Presidents Trophy winners in the Capitals... a team that won 3 of 4 matchups in the regular season that's expected to tote out their 3rd string goaltender tomorrow night. The name "Braden Holtby" is already giving MacAttack fits and the series hasn't even started yet.

Heretic

Canuck circle jerk was in full force last night that I ALMOST wanted the queens to take the series. Canuck fans, it was THAT bad. Stop it. Or at least wait until you eliminate the queens.

Top Bottom