• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Also, just in case anyone is interested, but Steve Duchesne is going to do an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit on April 19th, so you can go there and ask any kind of random question and he'll answer them. No idea if anyone cares, but it's neat and he won a cup with the Wings, so there's that. :p

Marvie_3

Banned
Is the old Sharks-age and Hawks-Age allegiances still alive? I enjoy watching that team on the local sportsbars too much to ever dislike them.

*wink* *wink*
Yes.
Not to us dude... not to us. I'm just bracing for the inevitable.
Karma rears its ugly head once again.
I honestly think the Wild have a very good chance of signing both Parise and Suter if they reach FA.
Parise, yes. Suter no. I just don't see any team getting both.

Vman

Yes.

Karma rears its ugly head once again.

Parise, yes. Suter no. I just don't see any team getting both.

I just feel like if we land Parise and then approach Suter we would be hard to turn down. I also wouldn't be surprised if we struck out on Suter.

Socreges

Banned
I hereby strip Smiley90 of the right to discuss hypothetical nonsense trades on message boards on behalf of Canucks-Age. Couture would be an "adequate return"? Really now? And correct me if I'm wrong Acid/Mii, but isn't Couture very good on the wing as well? The Canucks could never get a player like Couture in return. That's insane.

And I don't believe the Giroux-level rumour for a second. Gillis is going to have his demand artificially high, but not that high.

Marchand with the shift of the year, giving Kesler a run for his money:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2m4cFe_s50&feature=player_detailpage#t=48s
Marchand was doing it last playoffs, too. The thing is that he is better at it. Seriously. He's like an Italian pro soccer player that's been fine-tuning it since he was 6. Kesler is just pretending.

Socreges

Banned
i3V8AZE8Aewqo.gif

Smiley90

Never claimed I was speaking on anyone but mine's behalf, just stating that we're better off asking for a return that's in that area, so that we'll eventually end up with a "compromise" that we can agree on as a good deal. I was just asking what other people would think the general asking price for Schneider could be, and then what the potential actual return could be. On behalf of myself and what I hope, especially after the IMHO disappointing Kassian trade.

Socreges

Banned
Never claimed I was speaking on anyone but mine's behalf, just stating that we're better off asking for a return that's in that area, so that we'll eventually end up with a "compromise" that we can agree on as a good deal. I was just asking what other people would think the general asking price for Schneider could be, and then what the potential actual return could be. On behalf of myself and what I hope, especially after the IMHO disappointing Kassian trade.
Was just a joke, as if you having that conversation gives you any power. I do think you undervalued Couture, though. It wouldn't be just adequate. It would be an enormous coup. And it would never happen.

Smiley90

Was just a joke, as if you having that conversation gives you any power. I do think you undervalued Couture, though. It wouldn't be just adequate. It would be an enormous coup. And it would never happen.

True, maybe not adequate, but he'd be the only return from the Sharks I'd be happy with, let's put it that way. I know that (unfortunately) it won't happen, but it was more of a statement that I don't see how anyone else from the sharks could make us a better team long-term :p (I wonder what the Sharks are gonna do in like 5 years when a lot of their top6 are 35ish, with no prospects worth mentioning... )

Smiley90

You're going to be a very disappointed fan come off-season time.

You don't think the fact that off-season might start Wednesday is leaving me disappointed enough already? :( The Schneider trade is the last thing I have, don't take it away from me :'(

Marvie_3

Banned
True, maybe not adequate, but he'd be the only return from the Sharks I'd be happy with, let's put it that way. I know that (unfortunately) it won't happen, but it was more of a statement that I don't see how anyone else from the sharks could make us a better team long-term :p (I wonder what the Sharks are gonna do in like 5 years when a lot of their top6 are 35ish, with no prospects worth mentioning... )
you realize how stupid this sounds right?

FOOTE

Where has he been anyways

Around. :)

The Blues, again, made it interesting at the end of the game because of how they play with the lead with that amount of time left in the game. I'm sure the Blues will eventually come away from it without letting those late goals in.

Stewart played a good game last night, Hitchcock. Keep him in the lineup.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol those are pretty fantastic, just saw on sportscenter that Ottawa is now tied for the longest losing streak at home during the playoffs.

Marvie_3

Banned
:lol those are pretty fantastic, just saw on sportscenter that Ottawa is now tied for the longest losing streak at home during the playoffs.

They have a ton of the Doughty smiling ones that are hilarious as well. The E.T. one was my favorite though. :lol

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
really worried about this game tonight. the predators have been outplayed all series long and realistically should be looking at being down 0-3 and on the verge of elimination tonight. hopefully they get it together and at least look like a team that cares out there as they inevitably lose this in 6. im shocked at how underplayed and under-appreciated this red wings team has been across the league and the media coming into this series, they really are probably the best team the league has had since the lockout. im just glad the preds were able to absolutely steal those two games, im just praying they can steal two more

oh and

preds80.jpg

More funny stuff:

LOL...I don't know why this made me laugh as hard as it did.

Oh Bertuzzi....

Parise is ours ;)

I really don't see what will entice him and Suter that you mention it to go to Minny at all in terms of a winning atmosphere considering Minny's wonderful collapse this year.

really worried about this game tonight. the predators have been outplayed all series long and realistically should be looking at being down 0-3 and on the verge of elimination tonight. hopefully they get it together and at least look like a team that cares out there as they inevitably lose this in 6. im shocked at how underplayed and under-appreciated this red wings team has been across the league and the media coming into this series, they really are probably the best team the league has had since the lockout. im just glad the preds were able to absolutely steal those two games, im just praying they can steal two more

oh and

preds80.jpg

You are such an awful troll at times sef, just plain awful.

Around. :)

The Blues, again, made it interesting at the end of the game because of how they play with the lead with that amount of time left in the game. I'm sure the Blues will eventually come away from it without letting those late goals in.

Stewart played a good game last night, Hitchcock. Keep him in the lineup.

They better. You could tell they let up after the fourth goal. I hope Hitch reams them. Stewart had an okay game at best. Some bad neutral zone turnovers the first 2 periods, but he was hustling. He's the best choice to keep in against a bigger SJ.

How someone can root for the Bruins is beyond me. Apart from Bergeron, there's not a single likeable player on this team. They cheat, they fake, they try to injure, they're ugly. I guess if you only care about your team winning, they do win games. But if you're looking for entertaining hockey and admirable individuals, leaders and great athletes, you gotta look the other way.

Replace Bruins with Canucks and I got banned for that earlier in the season. lol
Seriously though why all the hate across the league for Chara. Maybe being a Bruins fan I'm just not seeing where all the hate is for him. Sure he destroys people but not his fault their heads are at his waist.

Replace Bruins with Canucks and I got banned for that earlier in the season. lol
Seriously though why all the hate across the league for Chara. Maybe being a Bruins fan I'm just not seeing where all the hate is for him. Sure he destroys people but not his fault their heads are at his waist.

Yeah, but we're in community now, nothing can get us banned!

The Bruins are a bunch of pussycunts-fuckfaces-dickshit-motherfucking-cocksuckers!

ShaneB

Sigh, that Sens lost last night still stings. Played absolutely terrific, but Handsome Henrik and the Rangers D did their part. Have faith they can pull of a win in game 4 and it'll be a new series again at 2-2.

Really wish the game got more press in terms of what playoff hockey should actually look like. Well played, fast paced, lots of scoring chances, great goaltending, intense, good physical hockey that never got out of hand.

Sigh, that Sens lost last night still stings. Played absolutely terrific, but Handsome Henrik and the Rangers D did their part. Have faith they can pull of a win in game 4 and it'll be a new series again at 2-2.

Really wish the game got more press in terms of what playoff hockey should actually look like. Well played, fast paced, lots of scoring chances, great goaltending, intense, good physical hockey that never got out of hand.

Yeah the Sens played great. I was so pissed that they lost. Hopefully next game they cut out all the cute passes in the offensive ton and just throw a ton of pucks at the Rangers. They have been right there every game, hopefully they can pull out game 4 and make it a close series.

Gameday again. Panthers need the same fast paced game as Sunday. Draw the penalties from their d-men and out skate the fore-check. Main goal is to at least split the Devs home ice.

Go Panthers!

Slurmer

Banned

Yeah it's been great outside the first game

I'm pretty bummed alfredsson could be missing the last playoffs of his career.

ShaneB

Yeah the Sens played great. I was so pissed that they lost. Hopefully next game they cut out all the cute passes in the offensive ton and just throw a ton of pucks at the Rangers. They have been right there every game, hopefully they can pull out game 4 and make it a close series.

Yeah, Spezza in particular was trying to do too much and it always backfired. Karlsson shots the puck like crazy, the whole team should be like that. Have to get dirty goals in this series against Lundqvist.

Yeah it's been great outside the first game

I'm pretty bummed alfredsson could be missing the last playoffs of his career.

To retire after a playoffs ended with a concussion, yeah, it's pretty terrible =/ But let's be positive, they'll beat the Rangers in 7, and Alfie will be back!

We're passing the pucks like crazy because the Rangers block every shot and they're trying to get shooting lanes open. That's their game.

Shooting pucks is nice but if they're blocked 99% of the time, gotta do something different.

Yeah, Spezza in particular was trying to do too much and it always backfired. Karlsson shots the puck like crazy, the whole team should be like that. Have to get dirty goals in this series against Lundqvist.

Spezza's line is being shutdown by Girardi and McDonagh, I was hoping having last line change at home would help that but it seems not. Lines 2,3 and 4 are the most dangerous for us right now.

Top Bottom