• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Oh wow HFboards...

2wnrytu.gif

How's Jarnkrok looking?
A great puck win on the second goal, really fighting out there, but the whole team was really bad in the beginning. Was standing on their heels

I'm looking forward to when he is able to come over, been hearing some great things about him.
Yeah, he got some serious potential. His ability to solve really tight situations really reminds med on Backstroms days in Sweden and his wristshot is amazing. But I really think that he would be better of if he stayed one more year. His body is in a bigger need to grow then the rest.

He was just on KFAN (radio) and said he would love to play here. Also his dad who lives here said Zach would love to play in his home state.

I don't know how he could go to Minny when he is already coming to Detroit, yeah!!

Edit: Z should have fake a concussion to get Weber suspended for the rest of the series, what a joke...

Malvolio

Perhaps having punishment handed out by an employee of the owners of a team in the game in question is a bad idea. Everything the NHL set out to do with their restructured system has come crashing down and is now a bigger joke than it was before. Impressive.

Vman

I don't know how he could go to Minny when he is already coming to Detroit, yeah!!

Edit: Z should have fake a concussion to get Weber suspended for the rest of the series, what a joke...

wouldn't surprise me considering his gushing over you guys. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

This one is on Shaw. Clearly he made the wrong choice here, instead of attempting to avoid Smith he should have taken his head and slammed his face into the glass.

ShaneB

I'm not sure how to react. On one hand it's hilarious at this point. On the other hand, I guess it's still hilarious, but in a sense that Shanahan must be insane.

Cat Party

I'm pretty content with how Shanahan handles this stuff. Don't agree with the decision every time, but he's been suspending key players and even star players all season, so get the fuck out of here with this favoritism nonsense. Most of you guys will never be satisfied with any system for discipline, and that's a fact.

I'm pretty content with how Shanahan handles this stuff. Don't agree with the decision every time, but he's been suspending key players and even star players all season, so get the fuck out of here with this favoritism nonsense. Most of you guys will never be satisfied with any system for discipline, and that's a fact.

Wat? I mean... just.... how? He's LESS consistent than Campbell was.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Shaw gets 3 games for a clearly accidental hit while Weber gets a fine for going full out WWE on Zetterberg.

The fuck.

What in the flying fuck? This is far more bullshit even than Hagelin's three games.

What a disaster the discipline has been for the NHL in these playoffs. AND IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN A FULL WEEK YET.

What the fuck are you talking about? What he did all season doesn't apply to what he's been doing this post season.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So what would everyone have given all these guys if they were in charge?

Here's my picks

Weber - 1 game
Carkner - 3 games
Hagelin - 3 games
Shaw - 1 game
Asham - 5 games
Backstrom - 3 games
Neal - 3 games

Coyotes announced Smith will be starting tonight. Man, Smith really seems to feel better right after Shaw gets penalized/suspended. This is twice now

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's quite clear that the NHL is now completely reactionary in their punishment of Shaw. I'll bet if that hit happened before the Philly/Pit game he gets 1 game.

Again, Shanahan's punishments seem to have no methodology whatsoever and are completely irrational.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Here's my picks

Weber - Entire series
Carkner - Entire series
Hagelin - Entire series
Shaw - 1 game
Asham - Out for playoffs
Neal - Entire series

Sorry--if you want this crap to stop, you've got to get tough.

Here's my picks

Weber - 1 game
Carkner - 3 games
Hagelin - 3 games
Shaw - 1 game
Asham - 5 games
Backstrom - 3 games
Neal - 3 games

I'd be ok with these. I'd probably drop Carkner and Hagelin down to 1 and Asham to 3. Didn't see the Backstrom hit. Neal would be only 1 if he had just stopped with Couturier.

Jon

I'd be pretty surprised if Neal is suspended. No way he gets 3 games. I think he'll get $3500 in fines, across the two hits.

Top Bottom