• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VyXkJW3jo2k

New Johnny Canuck video! They're always extremely well made, definitely worth a watch.
Family-Guy-Vomit.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Now thursdays game feels like a must win, I hope you wil be watching, that goes out to you too Big buba Guns. The hockey is a lot different but still great.

And there should be some better streams next game.

It should have ended a game ago when Siflver hit the post on the breakaway and another post in overtime.

FUCKING A

Socreges

Banned
You have to protect goalies more than that.
Seriously. Series are often won/lost depending on which goalie is in which net. Without consequences players won't have much reason to not be careless around them. Again, I feel bad for Shaw since the intent probably wasn't there, but he has a responsibility to not drill goalies in the head.

Cake Boss

Banned
Not sure if this was posted yet but LOL

"Dave Strader of NHL.com has passed on a story about how Todd Bertuzzi saw members of the Nashville Predators using the Red Wings ping pong table in the hallway at the Joe Louis Arena and decided to interrupt their fun".

"Bertuzzi and a few of the other Red Wings packed up the table and told the Predators that if they wanted to play ping-pong, they should bring their own table."

LOL would have killed for a video of this.

I have a few things I have to do here, so I'm probably going to miss the first half of the game, hoping to come back to hear good news rather than being down a goal again. :/

SpacLock

This could be the last time we hear Ken and Mick until next season. Win or Lose I'm going to take it all in and attempt to enjoy it.

Revenant

Seriously. Series are often won/lost depending on which goalie is in which net. Without consequences players won't have much reason to not be careless around them. Again, I feel bad for Shaw since the intent probably wasn't there, but he has a responsibility to not drill goalies in the head.

but how do we protect smith from that sniper?

seriously though, the only reason it looks like Shaw didn't avoid it was he froze since smith was going to ring it around the glass. Looks like Shaw froze up and just didn't know where to go. It's a bad luck play but it's also something that's just going to happen once in awhile. It's a fast moving game.

Cagey

Banned
Cutting to the crowd, only to see a lot of empty seats was pretty good.

Two problems with NJ attendance:
#1. Three largest sections at center ice, lower bowl on either side are "club seats" that get access to an all-you-can-eat buffet of baller concessions. I had tickets in these sections once, and a good half of the people with tickets that are present each night are in the restaurant area the whole time.

#2. ...it's the Panthers.

Cagey

Banned
All three games in this series have followed the same pattern thus far.

Hopefully the combo breaker occurs and the Devils don't give up 2 quick goals to Florida in the second...

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Three largest sections at center ice, lower bowl on either side are "club seats" that get access to an all-you-can-eat buffet of baller concessions. I had tickets in these sections once, and a good half of the people with tickets that are present each night are in the restaurant area the whole time.

That sounds pretty awesome.

~Kinggi~

Banned
All three games in this series have followed the same pattern thus far.

Hopefully the combo breaker occurs and the Devils don't give up 2 quick goals to Florida in the second...

I havent been following this series. Have all the games had quick opening goals?

Cagey

Banned
I havent been following this series. Have all the games had quick opening goals?

Games 2 and 3 were this quick; Game 1 was within the first 6 minutes.

But in each game, one team jumped out to a 3-0 lead fast... and then did nothing as the opponent battled back to 3-2 with the two catch-up coming in rapid succession.

That sounds pretty awesome.

Oh it's nuts, and the concessions are either the very best of stadium food or things like sushi and specialty items. I mean, it comes at a cost ($250 minimum), thus why I've only done it once. It's bizarre to load up on an unlimited sushi plate and then walk to a seat to watch a hockey game.

Socreges

Banned
OLÉ OLÉ OLÉ? Seriously?

but how do we protect smith from that sniper?

seriously though, the only reason it looks like Shaw didn't avoid it was he froze since smith was going to ring it around the glass. Looks like Shaw froze up and just didn't know where to go. It's a bad luck play but it's also something that's just going to happen once in awhile. It's a fast moving game.
Yes. But players normally do more to ensure that it doesn't. They know it's a big no-no, even if it's incidental.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
What the fuck is this? I get out of my meeting at work only to discover we're already down 3 goals only 7 minutes into the game? Fuck right off, at least show up to the fucking game.

Top Bottom