• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
ibfPPIv7H7DcOZ.gif

LOL...probably my favorite gif of the last year.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't know about you guys, but I think NJ wants to win this game.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fuck fuck fuck.

Screen%20shot%202012-04-16%20at%2010.16.29%20PM.png

What is going on in the Pens' locker room right now? :(

Whoa, that's intense to come out when you're down 3-0, frustration really showing there :/ Does he not feel like he can win another Cup with the Pens, even as a 2nd/3rd line centre if Crosby goes back to the first? (Is Crosby back on the first?) Or is he just saying "screw it I wanna get out of here" because he's frustrated?

Either way, that's not a good sign for the locker room indeed. :/

~Kinggi~

Banned
How has Marty Brodeur been doing lately? I took a long break from hockey but was obsessed with it as a kid. I collected all his hockey cards and shit. What a long ass career.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
How has Marty Brodeur been doing lately? I took a long break from hockey but was obsessed with it as a kid. I collected all his hockey cards and shit. What a long ass career.

Last 2 years he hasn't been great... Like he has his stretches but he's not as dominant as he used to be... Ever since he broke Patrick Roy's records he just doesn't have the determination anymore it seems

Cagey

Banned

Much more dependent on good defense than in years past. A step or two slower, and his hybrid style requires a level of athleticism that he's losing. He played very well post-ASB, and capable of long stretches of quality play, but the number of soft goals and/or bad games is steadily increasing.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wings have gotta score that first goal. Can't let the Preds even sniff a come back if the Wings get the lead. Get it and keep it.

Smiley90

With everyone talking about Parise, is Doan going to extend his contract with the Nordiques and that's why noone's talking about him, or what's up with that? Seems like an interesting enough UFA in the summer if he doesn't feel like moving to Canada.

Acid08

Banned
With everyone talking about Parise, is Doan going to extend his contract with the Nordiques and that's why noone's talking about him, or what's up with that? Seems like an interesting enough UFA in the summer if he doesn't feel like moving to Canada.

Don't really see Doan going anywhere. He means a lot to that team and his role would probably be really diminished on a Cup contender.

Smiley90

Hodgson 2.0 confirmed.

Kassian for Staal. We'll throw in Ballard since you need defencemen.

Go from a team where he plays 3rd line center to a team where he'd play 3rd line centre, just to spit in the Pens face. I like it.

Cagey

Banned
Devils set an NHL record in the regular season for Penalty Kill effectiveness, and wound up a sum total of -12 on the PK (when factoring in the 14 shawtys that were scored).

In this series, the Devils are horrendous on the PK. Embarrassing.

Top Bottom