• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Marvie_3

Banned
iyhma87xiNXCL.gif

Nit picking but if you're going to fine Shaw then 2.5k is the max...

Well, in this fantasy land called "What would YOU do?" I would also make it an automatic $10K fine for hitting the goalie in the head while in the trapezoid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCXZLEOx5uY

lol@commentators "that's as bad as Asham's!"... no, no it's not. It' bad, but nowhere near as bad as Asham's.

Thanks for the link. I'd give Backstrom 1 game, just like I said I would have given Asham 1 game, until Asham then jumped on Schenn and punched him in the back of the head.

Backstrom - 1 game
Asham - out for series. Had he just kept it to the high cross check I would have said 1 game

The point is that Shanny needs to be consistent. Weber getting away with banging a guy's head into the glass and then Shaw getting 3 games for brushing past Smith and hitting him in the head with a shoulder (NOT a raised elbow)? Fucking ridiculous how terribly inconsistent this is.

Fixed1979

Well Shaw got 3 games already, Shanahan is busy today. What meeting is on now, Asham's?

Asham was @ 5EST, I would think they're close to wrapping up though I don't know how long these can go for.

ashams meeting whenever the penguins come to philly, which i guess will be tomorrow. neals hearings are done.

or 5est like fixed said....

That's according to McKenzie, he waived the in-person to do it over the phone. I almost expect this will be the longest (playoff suspension) since Rome but you know how useless it is to guess suspensions.

Fixed1979

Lines from today's practice...(you're goddamned right I'm not giving up). So much nicer with a Daniel...fuck you Keith.

Daniel-Henrik-Booth
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian

1st PP unit: Daniel-Henrik-Kesler-Edler-Hamhuis

Farhan Lalji said:
Daniel says he'll wait to see how he feels tomorrow before deciding if he'll play. Optimistic. #canucks
More Daniel: is in as poor shape as he's been in the past 5-6 years. Will focus on the PP and will take his chances 5 on 5. #canucks #tsn

Also:
Bieksa said:
Good re-group day today for the boys! Lots of team bonding... Got these guys right where we want them!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lines from today's practice...(you're goddamned right I'm not giving up). So much nicer with a Daniel...fuck you Keith.

Daniel-Henrik-Booth
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Not convinced letting Daniel play is the best idea, especially during the playoffs, when you just know LA is gonna take a run at him.

Daniel-Henrik-Booth
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

If he plays it is going to be a huge mistake. Well depend on if he actually is ready to or not.

Richards is probably going to make them regret having him play.

Socreges

Banned
Lines from today's practice...(you're goddamned right I'm not giving up).

Daniel-Henrik-Booth
Raymond-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Booth should not be with the Sedins.

And I don't understand how Daniel could possibly play tomorrow. His status over the past 8 days has been so sporadic. If there's any risk, I'd think he won't be playing. The organization wouldn't be so stupid to risk his long-term health when down 3-0.

Fixed1979

Not convinced letting Daniel play is the best idea, especially during the playoffs, when you just know LA is gonna take a run at him.

If he plays it is going to be a huge mistake. Well depend on if he actually is ready to or not.

Richards is probably going to make them regret having him play.

I would think that he will only play if the team doctors 100% confident in that re-injury is unlikely. It has been ~3 weeks so who knows really.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Oh man... this is so awesome. =D And I have no idea why the Bruins players did that. Were they reacting a to a potential goal in OT?
I'm pretty sure that was from Game 2 against the Flyers last year. Krejci scored in OT but it wasn't initially ruled a goal because it hit the center pipe and came out of the net; it had to be reviewed. Good times.

Socreges

Banned
God, when I did a gif involving blood it took forever and looks like shit. There is much to be learned
I was going to do the same gif (Smith being decapitated) and when I thought about the work it would take to do the blood I didn't bother. Would probably take a while to do it the first time (albeit a lot easier/quicker every time after that once you've figured it out).

I was going to do the same gif (Smith being decapitated) and when I thought about the work it would take to do the blood I didn't bother. Would probably take a while to do it the first time (albeit a lot easier/quicker every time after that once you've figured it out).

Looking at it, whoever made it changed the blood every three or so frames instead of every frame (which is what I did) and probably cuts down on a ton of the work. Gotta get that technique going

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
About Milan Lucic:

But, Chris Kelly was all too happy to come to the defense of the team's most physical forward with a bit of humor thrown in for good measure, according to a tweet from CSNNE's Joe Haggery (@HackswithHaggs).

"I dont think he ever cried," Kelly told CSNNE's Joe Haggery. "I don't think he cried as a baby. He came out an angry baby. He came out w/an attitude."

I don't think Shaw should be suspended, and I'm a coyotes fan. He got 5 minutes and kicked out of the game. Coyotes scored a pp goal off of it. Fine him $2.5k and get on with it.

Top Bottom