• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Socreges

Banned
This game got crazy(er?). Just turned it on.

Glad to hear that Hossa's doing better. Fucking scary. I still haven't seen the hit, but it sounds awful.

Keith's elbow was a response to a headshot.
Dirty hits get dirty hits in return unless the officials take care of it.
This. Sedin doesn't go high with a shoulder, he doesn't get an elbow in the jaw.
Crazymoogle was talking about the length of the suspension. You've just explained how it was premeditated and would lead to a longer suspension, not shorter. Well done!

(this isn't a defense of crazymoogle. he was being ridiculous)

railGUN

Banned
This game got crazy(er?). Just turned it on.

Glad to hear that Hossa's doing better. Fucking scary. I still haven't seen the hit, but it sounds awful.

Crazymoogle was talking about the length of the suspension. You've just explained how it was premeditated and would lead to a longer suspension, not shorter. Well done!

(this isn't a defense of crazymoogle. he was being ridiculous)

Here's the hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAQs8lq6KJ8&feature=player_embedded

Hawks keep playing the way they are... no OT for them or they will be trying to score three straight times with less than 30 seconds to go in the game.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Backstrom deserved a suspension.

The game is over and he crosschecks a guy in the head? No sympathy.

I like how Dale Hunter is taking a page out of the Marchand playbook and calling it "self-defense".

But targeting a guy's head is okay if it's done during the game? They were just defending themselves right? He stood up for Ovi just like how the Bruins usually do to defend their teammates. Peverly brought his stick up towards Backstrom and it was higher than Nick's.

Curufinwe

1 suspension, 2 fines, 2 warnings

How do the two main Pens fans on GAF not know about Neal's history?

Not going to complain too much about the Neal video but the fact he charged Giroux 42 seconds later is exactly why Shanahan should have known Neal was lying about the hit on Couturier. Should have been a game for each hit at least considering he is a repeat offender.

calder

I feel like some of Shanahans suspensions miss the mark by a fair bit but it's really annoying how people are somehow blaming him and letting the actual players doing this shit off the hook. Saying that guys are running guys because of a weak suspension last week in another series is baffling to me. And it's worth remembering that suspensions are minimal in the playoffs because the teams AND the PA demand it - every hearing the guy called on the carpet has his team defending him and demanding no suspension because there's always an excuse or extenuating circumstance. And then if one of their players gets hurt on a bad hit they'll freak out and demand a lengthy suspension and be shocked if it doesn't happen. Every. Fucking. Time.

5 on 5 hockey and they Coyotes are in the Hawks zone for like 3 minutes... in that 3 minutes they pulled off an entire line change and the Hawks could barely touch the puck.

Yeah, good luck Hawks.

How do the two main Pens fans on GAF not know about Neal's history?

Not going to complain too much about the Neal video but the fact he charged Giroux 42 seconds later is exactly why Shanahan should have known Neal was lying about the hit on Couturier. Should have been a game for each hit at least considering he is a repeat offender.

Were they when he was with the pens? I can't say I watch any stars games... Dude was also an offensive powerhouse, not something I expected from him.

How do the 'Yotes get in so easy to the Hawks zone... they make it look effortless. Meanwhile, the Hawks can barely even get a player in the 'Yotes zone.

ShaneB

Greg Brady@bradyfan590
Someday we'll all know why GMs would rather protect Torres, Carcillo, Kaleta, Asham & do so little to protect its stars. So sad, really.

So true.

Revenant

That's what it looked like to me. Which is too late as is, I'm not saying otherwise. Was just thinking of a guy having the pretense of 'finishing his check' versus something like what Neal did.

problem is his check included leaving his feet well before contact, not to mention Torres has his history. Plus he's not Neal. all going to factor.

Quick

Banned
Was the ping-pong table issue brought up here yet? I just read about Bertuzzi taking it away from the Preds players, who were playing on it at Joe Louis Arena.

Socreges

Banned
problem is his check included leaving his feet well before contact, not to mention Torres has his history. Plus he's not Neal. all going to factor.
See:

Wow. Doesn't look to be so late (would need to see it at full speed), but the jumping is what makes it so terrible. You can actually see him launching himself upward just before connecting. Predatory for sure.
And yes, history. Torres is going to have the book thrown at him and for good reason.

Top Bottom