• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

ShaneB

Hossa lies about condition, comes back to play, scores OT winner. Reveals he was dead for 5 minutes after the hit. Book it.

Socreges

Banned
yes i know you saw the jumping.

Torres has been somewhat of an O factor, if he contributes to a phoenix win then this becomes a shitstorm.
The NHL should just pull him off the ice. I'm not even exaggerating. When they know there's going to be a suspension, but haven't decided on the length and the player hasn't been ejected, why not?

[edit] WOW, Neal got "half games" for each hit? FFS what a joke

Revenant

I can see it now. middle of the games the lights go out, panic ensues, then the speaker comes on

"we rebuilt him, we had the technology" BOOM Bionic Hossa bursts through the zamboni doors!

ShaneB

The NHL should just pull him off the ice. I'm not even exaggerating. When they know there's going to be a suspension, but haven't decided on the length and the player hasn't been ejected, why not?

[edit] WOW, Neal got "half games" for each hit? FFS what a joke

Yeah, did I just hear that??

Revenant

The Iron Shiek hates Torres right now. Just a heads up, he's insane.

https://twitter.com/#!/the_ironsheik

Greatest Iranian Entertainer of all time. I fuck your ass and make you humble

:lol

also this gaming related kesler gif

pokemondouh.gif

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Dirty hits get dirty hits in return unless the officials take care of it.

You gotta be kidding. Any justification for that elbow is beyond the pale. You don't see Canucks fans calling karma on the Hawks for the Hossa hit, do you? Show a modicum of class, man.

Bertuzzi was an offensive powerhouse but that didn't stop him.

Well duh, it doesn't mean they won't. Ovi has enough knee on knees too... Still, if they happened when he was with the stars I'm not sure how pens fans would know, he didn't have the that much of a history when the trade happened him. No one seemed to label him as a dirty player.

MacAttack

But targeting a guy's head is okay if it's done during the game? They were just defending themselves right? He stood up for Ovi just like how the Bruins usually do to defend their teammates. Peverly brought his stick up towards Backstrom and it was higher than Nick's.

Fuck that headhunting BS. If you have a head injury maybe you shouldn't slash the goalie when he has the puck covered up because thats gonna get a response every time no matter what team it is. I can't remember any other instance off the top of my head. Its a convenient time to bring up the headhunting issue but there has been a lot of borderline stuff that hasnt been called on both sides and you don't see the Bruins complaining about it.

If you want to say Peverley was going to go after Backstroms head in that instance, you'd be wrong. He was clearly bracing himself for the incoming hit from Backstrom.

Socreges

Banned
You gotta be kidding. Any justification for that elbow is beyond the pale. You don't see Canucks fans calling karma on the Hawks for the Hossa hit, do you? Show a modicum of class, man.
bishoptl said:
Wendy is an alt. I'll leave it to you guys to figure out whose.
Just remembered this. I used to think it was Manics, but... Wendy seems too plain and salty.

Erdrick

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That "no shots on goal by either team in the last 6 minutes" statistic is a bit depressing.

Fucking of course. I have no hope for this series... Hawks are getting outplayed in everyway by the Coyotes.

Granted, it may not be in overtime and could be over had Torres got his deserved 5 minute major and a game.

Top Bottom