• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Socreges

Banned
i7YgGNgcIEfGs.gif

This. He's had a ton of chances right in the slot and he's turned it over every time because he refuses to shoot.

He seems to want to get pointblank shots right at the net but with all the active sticks, that's not going to happen.

Also, seems when the puck is behind the Hawk's net, the Hawks are getting completely outworked.

Soup Bar

I hope Q gets in Kane's ear and tells him to shoot the god damn puck from now on. Stop going for the pretty play. It's overtime for fucks sake.

Revenant

how's it feel to be in our shoes? except the cup isn't on the line for that specific game... :(

at first it feels not so good, but then i google Blackhawks 2010 stanley cup and the sads go away ;)

Hope you guys get your cup this or next year!

MacAttack

Fucking pissed they couldn't win it for Hossa. This team is showing no heart whatsoever. Not even an attempt at Torres either.

Fuck.

What do they have to gain? Worst case scenario they lose another player to a suspension. Best case you win a fight and still lose the game.

Coins

Banned
No, Torres will get the book thrown at him. He's a repeat offender and this season has turned into a shit show. He might play again if the Coyotes go deep, but I'd guess 10+.

Shanny hasnt thrown the book yet, he's not going to start now. If he does, he will look even more inconsistent.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fucking pissed they couldn't win it for Hossa. This team is showing no heart whatsoever. Not even an attempt at Torres either.

Fuck.
Why the fuck would we want to get another player suspended? They should have won the game and let that piece of shit get his suspension.

And my streak for teams that I want to except one continues.... Dang it, why couldn't the Hawks have won (or Devils) making the Wings win to keep my streak alive.

ShaneB

What do they have to gain? Worst case scenario they lose another player to a suspension. Best case you win a fight and still lose the game.

Agreed. This sort of retalitory thinking and payback mentality is a big part of the problem. Let the league hopefully do punishment.

It's a point where even clean hits bring out fights and scrums, so what the heck do the players want? They want physicality but go haywire when any hits are delivered.

For instance, If everytime in the NFL a quarterback got sacked, a huge fight would break out, It would seem insane! But that's exactly where the NHL seems to stand.

Marvie_3

Banned
I meant a fight. Not a cheap hit.

I wasn't insinuating we should stoop to that shitbag's level.

Bollig did go after him and thanks to these shit refs, we had to kill a penalty and lost a man for 10 mins because of it. Can't blame the 'Hawks for not doing anything else because they always end up on the PK when they do.

God damn it Corey, square up the edge. Would have happened one way or another though. You cant play like you're on a penalty kill for 30 minutes and not get fucked eventually.

Seeing as how Torres is a repeat offender.

Has been warned several times.

Suspended as well.

The Department of NHL Player Safety has suspended Raffi Torres for 1 game.

Bollig did go after him and thanks to these shit refs, we had to kill a penalty and lost a man for 10 mins because of it. Can't blame the 'Hawks for not doing anything else because they always end up on the PK when they do.

That was a hug-fest. I'd rather be on the PK and have the piece of shit learn his lesson in addition to sitting a few games than just having him sit on the bench with the smug little shit-eating look he always wears.

This right here. If the rats know they aren't going to pay for dirty plays, then - surprise surprise - they're going to play dirty. Instead, he hides behind the ref's skirt and now shit is really going to boil over if the chance arises. It doesn't matter how long he ends up suspended for, he still has a bullseye on his back.

Torres will get some 3 game bullshit for that hit, I fear. All because it wasn't a fucking elbow or some random excuse the league will throw out.

I have always said that Kane needs to shoot the puck more... he just tries to dance around and move the puck around instead of actually shooting. Lucky for the Hawks, he actually shot and the deflection went it, but in OT he just danced around with the puck again. He tries to make a play instead of score. It pisses me off and it has to stop...

I don't expect the Hawks to win the series. They are just being absolutely obliterated in every aspect of the game right now. Especially when the puck is in their zone... they can't get it out and if they try, they turn it over and somehow the Coyotes keep in like it is a 5 on 3...

Crawford... come on. He should have had that. Poor, poor stuff. The Coyotes are playing with heart and to win it... the Hawks are playing to with no heart and are just trying to survive and sneak out a win.

Top Bottom