• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Crawford has to stop that one. I hate it when overtime is decided with a garbage goal.

It was a soft goal, not a garbage goal.

Garbage goals are when a team gets a lucky break and scores a goal off a broken play. Crawford let in a softie. Phoenix didn't have to work for that goal past getting the puck in the zone and putting it on net.

The same Hjalmarsson that made a pussyass play to turn the puck over for the OT goal tonight? No thanks. Both of them can fuck right off after this season.

Eh, he's inconsistent but I'm not scared everytime he has the puck like I am with Oduya.

Not many of the Hawks have played very well this series.

Marvie_3

Banned
Here comes the fine. :(
If there's a kickstarter to help pay the fine, I'll chip in to pay it. Reffing has been one sided all series.
Eh, he's inconsistent but I'm not scared everytime he has the puck like I am with Oduya.

Not many of the Hawks have played very well this series.

Won't disagree with this but Hjalmarsson has gotten worse every year. He's a bottom pairing dman that has too high of a cap hit.

If there's a kickstarter to help pay the fine, I'll chip in to pay it. Reffing has been one sided all series.

I even question the Toews penalty at the end of the 2nd, the fuck was that???

Roughing???

Plays like that happen all the time in those instances.

Some blatant tripping missed earlier as well, the refs couldn't have any explanations for this.

Wow at that OT goal.... was just hanging out watching with some friends and I just started laughing when I saw that go in. Now just take that goal and put it in game 6 of the SCF and I'll feel like we're even.

Saw the Neal suspension. Seems really weird he only got one game. Didn't hear any of the commentary, is there a general outrage about that suspension? I mean, I don't really care that much but it certainly seems to be extremely out of line with the severity of some of the other suspensions laid out. Especially since he had TWO hearings.

Also HAHAHAHAHAHA Devils! YOU SUCK!!!!!

O yea and the hit on Hossa was dirty, but there's gonna be offsetting suspensions with the Hawks guy mugging the one Coyote. Didn't catch names. Unfortunately the bar I go to only puts the TV sound on for Flyers games and I can't always catch everything.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What at all was legal about it???

Left his feet, threw his elbow/forearm into Hossa's face, etc...

Sorry for the double posts!!!

The only thing that looks wrong is that he goes for him after the puck is gone, other than that both players are leaning forward, it's logical that he would raise himself as he hits Hossa who is leaning forward. I don't see his feet leaving off the ice until after the hit.

edit: ok I got a better video now his feet do come off the ice before.

The only thing that looks wrong is that he goes for him after the puck is gone, other than that both players are leaning forward, it's logical that he would raise himself as he hits Hossa who is leaning forward. I don't see his feet leaving off the ice until after the hit.

Shaw got ejected and a 5 minute for doing way less than what Torres did to Hossa.

Marvie_3

Banned
I even question the Toews penalty at the end of the 2nd, the fuck was that???

Roughing???

Plays like that happen all the time in those instances.
And usually the refs will send a player from both teams off like the did in Game 1.
Some blatant tripping missed earlier as well, the refs couldn't have any explanations for this.
NHL owns Coyotes. NHL is losing money on Coyotes. NHL employs refs. The mystery would be solved before the commercial break if this was a Scooby-Doo episode.

Ra\/en

edit: ok I got a better video now his feet do come off the ice before.

Raffi Torres the benefit of the doubt? No way man. I'm a Canucks fan, but I was embarrassed to have that guy as part of the team during the playoffs last year.

And usually the refs will send a player from both teams off like the did in Game 1.

NHL owns Coyotes. NHL is losing money on Coyotes. NHL employs refs. The mystery would be solved before the commercial break if this was a Scooby-Doo episode.

Yeah, can't be a coincidence, see Stern stop Chris Paul to the Lakers.

I usually have faith the fix isn't in but I'm starting to wonder now...

The Blackhawks postgame is the funniest thing in the world. They are absolutely beside themselves with the Torres hit. Were they like this in the postgame after the Keith elbow too? I'm guessing not.

Hopefully Hossa is okay, but this is absolutely the most poignant piece of karma I've seen in some time.

LETS GO YOTES

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Blackhawks postgame is the funniest thing in the world. They are absolutely beside themselves with the Torres hit. Were they like this in the postgame after the Keith elbow too? I'm guessing not.

Hopefully Hossa is okay, but this is absolutely the most poignant piece of karma I've seen in some time.

LETS GO YOTES

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So much salt.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

LETS GO YOTES

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Keith elbow was way worse than Torres' hit, but Hossa went out on a stretcher. So there's that. Torres' was bad because he jumped into Hossa, but then the injury most likely came from impact with the ice, not the hit itself. So yeah, if Hossa IS injured Torres will get like 7, if Hossa is fine, Torres will get 1.

Socreges

Banned
Keith elbow was way worse than Torres' hit, but Hossa went out on a stretcher. So there's that. Torres' was bad because he jumped into Hossa, but then the injury most likely came from impact with the ice, not the hit itself. So yeah, if Hossa IS injured Torres will get like 7, if Hossa is fine, Torres will get 1.
And that Torres didn't get a penalty.

Socreges

Banned
The NHL is WAY too lenient on players trying to kill each other on the ice.
Yep. Suspensions should be much, much longer if you actually want to cut out the violence. Shanahan has a lot of influence to account for, though, and his job has basically been neutered.

Revenant

LETS GO YOTES

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mike Works ever classy.

you know the canucks wouldn't have thrown their own player under the bus either for an incident like this either. I'd like to think you're not this thick.

Marvie_3

Banned
Both Torres and Bertuzzi should be banned from the league.

The NHL is WAY too lenient on players trying to kill each other on the ice.
This is probably going to happen before anything changes too. It's ridiculous. Not only do the players need to be made an example of, but Shanahan needs to be made an example of as well. The NHL needs to bring in someone from outside the league to handle these things and the NHLPA needs to realize that it's a really bad thing to have it's own members going around pulling shit like this against other members.

Ra\/en

Mike Works ever classy.

you know the canucks wouldn't have thrown their own player under the bus either for an incident like this either. I'd like to think you're not this thick.

I wanted to throw Raffi Torres under the bus during the playoffs last year..

So much salt.
It's such beautiful karma. The Canucks are on the brink of getting swept, partially because we haven't had our top scorer for the series due to Duncan Keith being a shithead. The Blackhawks potentially losing their top scorer for the playoffs due to an illegal hit to the head is such beautiful justice.

It's just too bad it happened to Hossa, since he's a pretty cool player.

Mike Works ever classy.

I should have clarified: when I said "they", I was referring to the Blackhawks postgame show studio commentators, not the actual Blackhawks coaches or players. Quenneville and co. would be dumb if they weren't lobbying for a suspension after the game; it's all part of the politics.

It really sucks that Shanahan and the NHL couldn't have seen all this coming, but I gotta admit I'm loving all of the heat they're taking now too. Torres is going to get a book larger than War and Peace and the Bible combined thrown at him, but there's a good chance this all could have been avoided if they started throwing the book at players at the beginning of the season. Ah well.

It's such beautiful karma. The Canucks are on the brink of getting swept, partially because we haven't had our top scorer for the series due to Duncan Keith being a shithead. The Blackhawks potentially losing their top scorer for the playoffs due to an illegal hit to the head is such beautiful justice.

Yeah, that's it. Whatever helps you sleep at night Mike.

Revenant

one team was a stanley cup favorite, one was supposed to be 1st or 2nd round fodder.

Not a bad trade if we both get eliminated...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Give Torres a couple of games...unless Hossa sandbags like Daniel Sedin* to get some extra games added to his suspension.

*yep, this was a real accusation by an NHL-GAFfer after the Keith cheap shot...I'll leave it to you to figure out who.

Revenant

Give Torres a couple of games...unless Hossa sandbags like Daniel Sedin* to get some extra games added to his suspension.

*yep, this was a real accusation by an NHL-GAFfer after the Keith cheap shot...I'll leave it to you to figure out who.

Hossa is already out of the hospital, 2500 fine incoming.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hossa is already out of the hospital, 2500 fine incoming.

They're gonna pull a Mike Smith and be like "he's not playing, undergoing evaluations", wait for the suspension, then announce he'll play 1h later.

I don't THINK it was me..... can someone tell me if it was.... I'm pretty sure I argued that the Keith suspension was adequate but I think that was it.

Does Dr. Recchi post here?

Yeah, that's it. Whatever helps you sleep at night Mike.
The Canucks have essentially lost all 3 games by one goal (I say essentially since the Kings added an empty netter in game two). Do you really think having their top scorer in the series, who has incredibly chemistry with our top center (they're twins you know!) might not have made a difference in any of those games? Our powerplay is 0 for everything this series.

I don't want to take away what the Kings have accomplished; they've played a very solid game and their goaltender's been amazing, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to think that a healthy Daniel Sedin wouldn't make a positive offensive impact on the series.

How is what he said at all wrong?

You think missing Daniel is a major factor in being down 3-0? Realistically? Any REAL cup contender should be able to lose a major star and still win a series against an 8 seed convincingly.

EDIT: Also, the Kings have outmuscled the Nucks in every game and it has been a HUGE factor. Daniel sure as hell isn't helping there.

The Blackhawks have released the following statement regarding forward Marian Hossa:

Chicago Blackhawks Head Team Physician Dr. Michael Terry:

“Marian Hossa suffered an upper body blow in the first period of tonight’s game. After initial evaluation on the ice he was taken by ambulance to the hospital for further testing, which yielded encouraging results. He has been released from the hospital, and we are monitoring him closely at home. We anticipate a full recovery in a timetable yet to be determined. “

Revenant

The Canucks have essentially lost all 3 games by one goal (I say essentially since the Kings added an empty netter in game two). Do you really think having their top scorer in the series, who has incredibly chemistry with our top center (they're twins you know!) might not have made a difference in any of those games? Our powerplay is 0 for everything this series.

I don't want to take away what the Kings have accomplished; they've played a very solid game and their goaltender's been amazing, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to think that a healthy Daniel Sedin wouldn't make a positive offensive impact on the series.

and it matters because? you don't have him, you may have him in game 4, you may not, that's the end of it. no reason to play the what if game.

Bettman.jpg

:lol

Marvie_3

Banned
The Blackhawks have released the following statement regarding forward Marian Hossa:

Chicago Blackhawks Head Team Physician Dr. Michael Terry:

“Marian Hossa suffered an upper body blow in the first period of tonight’s game. After initial evaluation on the ice he was taken by ambulance to the hospital for further testing, which yielded encouraging results. He has been released from the hospital, and we are monitoring him closely at home. We anticipate a full recovery in a timetable yet to be determined. “
Good to hear.

and it matters because? you don't have him, you may have him in game 4, you may not, that's the end of it. no reason to play the what if game.
Huh? He challenged that having a healthy Daniel Sedin wouldn't have made a difference in the series. I contended that it would. Keep up, Revenant.

Top Bottom