• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
If there is one team in the NHL that I have faith in coming back down 6 goals in one period... It's Philly lol

He got a double minor, 10 minutes and a game misconduct

Yeah but would you not agree that a blatant crosscheck to the face after the whistle blew warrants a Match Penalty? That shit was exactly like what Ashem did.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah but would you not agree that a blatant crosscheck to the face after the whistle blew warrants a Match Penalty? That shit was exactly like what Ashem did.

Game misconduct is a match penalty

As by game they mean 60 minutes (but it's not officially tabulated under penalties in minutes)

The most goals scored by one team in an NHL game was 16. The Montreal Canadiens defeated the Quebec Bulldogs 16-3 on March 3, 1920.

In the same season, Montreal helped set the record for most goals scored by two teams in a single game. The Canadiens and Toronto St. Patrick's combined for 21 goals on January 10, 1920, with Montreal winning 14-7. The Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks tied the record on December 11, 1985. The Oilers won 12-9.
--------

Not sure what it is for the playoffs. Basically, 21 goals in one game. Not really possible tonight, but you never know.

I'm not greedy, I just want double digits.

Cake Boss

Banned
Just saw the Stall hit on Spezza. That hit was Spezza's fault. You just dont put your head down likethat trying to be all fucking cutesy and dangling in the playoffs. Hopefully he fucking learns next time.

Alucard

Banned
Found the playoff records:

Most Goals Scored by Both Teams in a Playoff Game:
18, Los Angeles Kings 10, Edmonton Oilers 8, 1982 division semifinal.

Most Goals Scored by One Team in a Playoff Game:
13, Edmonton Oilers 13, Los Angeles Kings 3, April 9, 1987.

Most Goals Scored by Both Teams in a Playoff Series:
69, Edmonton Oilers (44), Chicago Black Hawks (25) in six games in the 1985 conference final.

Most Goals Scored by One Team in a Playoff Series:
44, Edmonton Oilers, vs. Chicago Black Hawks in six games in the 1985 conference final.

Ra\/en

Found the playoff records:

Most Goals Scored by Both Teams in a Playoff Game:
18, Los Angeles Kings 10, Edmonton Oilers 8, 1982 division semifinal.

Most Goals Scored by One Team in a Playoff Game:
13, Edmonton Oilers 13, Los Angeles Kings 3, April 9, 1987.

Most Goals Scored by Both Teams in a Playoff Series:
69, Edmonton Oilers (44), Chicago Black Hawks (25) in six games in the 1985 conference final.

Most Goals Scored by One Team in a Playoff Series:
44, Edmonton Oilers, vs. Chicago Black Hawks in six games in the 1985 conference final.

They should be able to reach the "both teams" stat if they keep playing like this.

Montresor

9-3 wow... jesus. I wish I could watch this ahahaha. And looks like Ottawa tied it back up with the Rangers. Entertaining hockey!

I might be able to catch the third period.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The most goals scored by one team in an NHL game was 16. The Montreal Canadiens defeated the Quebec Bulldogs 16-3 on March 3, 1920.

In the same season, Montreal helped set the record for most goals scored by two teams in a single game. The Canadiens and Toronto St. Patrick's combined for 21 goals on January 10, 1920, with Montreal winning 14-7. The Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks tied the record on December 11, 1985. The Oilers won 12-9.
--------

Not sure what it is for the playoffs. Basically, 21 goals in one game. Not really possible tonight, but you never know.

Most goals scored by one team in a playoff series: 44, by the Oilers in 85.

Most goals by both teams: 69, oilers vs Hawks in 85.

Yeah, we can top that.

Acid08

Banned
How many fucking times is this Wendys commercial going to play with this annoying girl? I mean, she can get it, but her delivery makes me want to swallow a bullet.

I don't post in here much, but I had to drop in...

As a Flyers fan I'm glad for this result as it will weed out all the fake ass bandwagon jumping fans that came out of the woodwork this week around here in Philly, flying car flags and shit, claiming they support the team. Philly has gotta be up there at the top for sorriest frontrunning fans in all sports.

Pens are laying a mythical asswhuppin on us, but that's what guys get for deciding not to play any defense. As bad as both goalies have been, I'm only really mad about Bryz giving up the 1st goal on that soft rebound and then his last where he didnt react to Letang's PP goal at all. The rest are really on the team for being lazy and undisciplined.

Rinaldo's aggravated assault was disgusting, I can only wish Paul Holmgren waives him from the club tomorrow for losing his goddamned mind.

Futureman

is there a video of what Neal did in game 3 to get the 1-game ban? I actually went for a walk with 10min left in the 3rd as the game was trash.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Sweet Jesus, 9 fucking GOALS in 40 minutes?!! Philly, just end the game now, cause I fear the Pens are going to go all record setting on your asses hahahahaha!!!

kassatsu

Banned
need to finish them off here.

my predictions:
low(er) scoring with both goalies playing well
hartsy with a tally on the score sheet (30th birthday today)
not many penalties/clean game (EXCEPTION: pens go down by 2 or 3 and at the last few minutes get sour)

0 of 3 t0mp. (Hartnell could help you get atleast something)

ShaneB

Sens are playing awful now. Sloppy, trying to carry the puck into the Rangers zone too often, slow skating.... I'm getting nervous.

Top Bottom