• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Mii

Banned
I fell asleep watching this Sharks game.

That has never happened to me during the playoffs.

Kill the West with fire. Abort the whole conference and start over.

Hunter S.

Phoenix is so boring to watch. I really wish someone would pull a Tonya Harding on Smith before he makes another boring playoff series in round 2.

Barrage

Let the poor old man wallow in his misery regarding his team's ongoing irrelevance.

When Jumbo Joe inevitably flames out in the first round, and takes the rest of the Sharks down with him, does it feel better than the first time he failed everyone in the postseason? Worse?

Bruins fans, you chime in too!

Acid08

Banned
When Jumbo Joe inevitably flames out in the first round, and takes the rest of the Sharks down with him, does it feel better than the first time he failed everyone in the postseason? Worse?

Bruins fans, you chime in too!

lol Stars fans.

Thanks, I needed the laugh.

Hunter S.

Let the poor old man wallow in his misery regarding his team's ongoing irrelevance.

Haha, I have no idea what your team is but mine has a bright future assuming the avs sign their young talent. in the mean time, I am just happy Detroit is almost out. And I am in my 20s. lol, old man, the pic is of the famous writer Hunter S. Thompson.

Socreges

Banned
despite the pens and nucks winning according to history they have still only have a 4 percent chance. Apparently a team with a 3-1 lead that played on the road in game 1 is 25-1 in these situations.
Pretty terrible. What if they played at home?

MISERY LOVES COMPANY BITCHES

igUINbxu7lpRP.gif

Revenant

a team that play at home in game 1 close out 3-1 leads 94 percent of the time with a 44-3 record historically.

by the way i forgot to mention these numbers only come from the quarterfinals.

Oh and if anyone told me all the series in the West could be done in 5 games and all but one of the series in the East would be tied(and the one that wasn't was pitt/philly) I would have slapped their mouth across the room and fucked their sister.

Socreges

Banned
a team that play at home in game 1 close out 3-1 leads 94 percent of the time with a 44-3 record historically.

by the way i forgot to mention these numbers only come from the quarterfinals.
44-3 (higher seed leading)*
25-1 (lower seed leading)

Huh. So technically the Wings/Hawks/Sharks have better odds. Smaller sample, but either way the point is... shit is hard.

*Canucks are one of those three. Did it against the #2 Flames in 94.

Jakeh111

Poke my head in and see the same attitude from many posters, will be nice when you all get bounced and maybe will leave the thread alone lll

Top Bottom