• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Can't stand to watch any of these teams in the West win the cup if all the teams that are up 3-1 make it through to the 2nd round. Hoping for an LA-Philly final now for the drama with Philly taking it. Don't want any of the trapping, west teams to win it.

My fragile heart couldn't take this.

Please don't fuck this up tonight Flyers..... please?

hubes

Is Bryz playing? Wip was saying he hurt his hip. No Bryz no chance.

tim pinnacio said holmgren texted him last night that bryz is starting. holmgrens denying the hip injury reports, but with holmgrens history with handling injuries i would put some money on bryz being prepped for surgery right now.

tim pinnacio said holmgren texted him last night that bryz is starting. holmgrens denying the hip injury reports, but with holmgrens history with handling injuries i would put some money on bryz being prepped for surgery right now.

God I hope he is okay. We just need average Bryz to show up, not even good Bryz.

Alucard

Banned
alamo.jpg

Remeber the Igloo.

Pens in seven.

I'm soooooo psyched for tonight's game. Fuck you, Flyers. Nothing against anybody who is part of Flyers-GAF, but definitely something against the team they support. Hope Philly's goaltending chokes on its own shit, and their rookies swallow their pacifiers. WOOOOOO.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Is Bryz playing? Wip was saying he hurt his hip. No Bryz no chance.
It's weird to hear someone say this. The way the series is going, you guys might have a better chance rolling six skaters with an empty net.

It's weird to hear someone say this. The way the series is going, you guys might have a better chance rolling six skaters with an empty net.

Bryz played mostly competently through the first three games. There were some screwups, but also the Pens are a pretty amazing offensive team. If they were scoring 3 a game there really wouldn't be a whole lot you could hold against Bryz.

Bryz played mostly competently through the first three games. There were some screwups, but also the Pens are a pretty amazing offensive team. If they were scoring 3 a game there really wouldn't be a whole lot you could hold against Bryz.

The first 3 games he gave up soft goals but also made big saves, and he stopped most of the shots that he should. He wasnt great but he didnt cost them either. That is all the flyers need from him, or who ever the goalie is. No goalie on the team is going to stand on his head and steal games like Anderson or Quick are, but the flyers offense is so good they dont really need that.

Alucard

Banned
The first 3 games he gave up soft goals but also made big saves, and he stopped most of the shots that he should. He wasnt great but he didnt cost them either. That is all the flyers need from him, or who ever the goalie is. No goalie on the team is going to stand on his head and steal games like Anderson or Quick are, but the flyers offense is so good they dont really need that.

Don't forget that the Flyers got some help from Fleury too. If Fleury starts playing the way he's capable of, this series could shift pretty quickly, especially if Bryz turns into Bryz, or you guys have to play Bob.

Don't forget that the Flyers got some help from Fleury too. If Fleury starts playing the way he's capable of, this series could shift pretty quickly, especially if Bryz turns into Bryz, or you guys have to play Bob.

Of course. If the Pens get actually goaltending then the flyers will need some to. MAF looked shakey as fuck in the 1st period last game, and then the Flyers were shorthanded for 7 of the first 10 minutes of the 2nd, and by the time they finally stopped taking penalties it was like 8-3 and they never tested him again. Gotta hope tat MAF didnt get his mojo back in the last game.

Alucard

Banned
Of course. If the Pens get actually goaltending then the flyers will need some to. MAF looked shakey as fuck in the 1st period last game, and then the Flyers were shorthanded for 7 of the first 10 minutes of the 2nd, and by the time they finally stopped taking penalties it was like 8-3 and they never tested him again. Gotta hope tat MAF didnt get his mojo back in the last game.

He got his smile back. It's over, man. When asked if the glove save by the side of the net boosted his confidence, he smiled and said, "Well, I'm looking forward to game 5."

IT'S OVER, MAN.

He got his smile back. It's over, man. When asked if the glove save by the side of the net boosted his confidence, he smiled and said, "Well, I'm looking forward to game 5."

IT'S OVER, MAN.

Fuck Flyers should totally forfeit. Oh well it was a fun ride while it lasted.

th3dude

IT'S OVER, MAN.

I had a conversation with a friend about this exact quote last night. Honestly, if he's smiling and 'looking forward' to a game, Flyers better watch out. DAT GLOVE is back, baby.

Sanjuro

The Nucks had the best record this year, lost 3 close games, got their top scorer back, and changed goalies. How do the Pens have a better chance of coming back then they do?

The Kings have a far stronger presence in net. Regular season records have little to do with a playoff series at 3-1.

Entropia

No One Remembers
After the last showing in LA I predict the Canucks will take this to 7.

I don't see anyway Vancouver can win this in 7. I'm very confident that the Kings will be winning the next game. Sure they have both the Sedins again, but Quick is just too hot and I'm sure the Kings know they have to spark themselves offensively if they want to get past the former Western Conference Champions and get a whiff of being there themselves.

Sanjuro

I don't see anyway Vancouver can win this in 7. I'm very confident that the Kings will be winning the next game. Sure they have both the Sedins again, but Quick is just too hot and I'm sure the Kings know they have to spark themselves offensively if they want to get past the former Western Conference Champions and get a whiff of being there themselves.

I'd like to see Vancouver win, but I think it's probably more realistic this series only goes another game or two.

I have a dilemma my friends, should I stay home and watch the Wings all but confirmed last game of the playoffs today, or should I head out and hang with some friends tonight with no hockey around to watch?

I'm leaning towards the friends thing as I only have 2 weeks of college left here.

I have a dilemma my friends, should I stay home and watch the Wings all but confirmed last game of the playoffs today, or should I head out and hang with some friends tonight with no hockey around to watch?

I'm leaning towards the friends thing as I only have 2 weeks of college left here.

2 weeks of college left?

Friends, easily

Sanjuro

Compromise. Go with friends to a sports bar or something. Get trashed. Do something stupid.

Cagey

Banned
How dare you not quote banners.jpg in its full glory, I foresee terrible things in your future!

Too easy! Plus, I never pass up an opportunity to remind people that the Devils actually topped the league in goal scoring in 98, 99 and 00 during our boring hockey-killing trap years. Fuck haters, etc.

Re: Flyers/Pens...

If the refs are gonna start calling this series tighter like they did in Game 4, goaltending won't matter as much as staying out of the box. Flyers had 3 PP goals on 5 attempts all in the first period. Then, in the second, the Pens start their onslaught with 3 straight PP goals to bust it open to 6-3.

Whichever team can avoid losing their shit the longest will win.

t0mp

last game may have been a wake up call to the boys. they were all smiles and giggles before that game and lavy barely pushed practice.

I'm not sure who to believe on this whole bryz hurt thing, either.

edit: bryz @ morning skate

edit2: Tim Panaccio ‏
#flyers Matt Read snubbed; not among Calder Trophy finalists: Henrique/Landeskog,Nugent-Hopkins #flyerstalk

fuck that. Henrique played with the top line all fucking year. I could have scored that many points if I centered Kovy and Parise.

Also, didn't think he'd win it, I just wanted him to be a candidate at least.

Compromise. Go with friends to a sports bar or something. Get trashed. Do something stupid.

And there is where my problem lies, they want to go to some school hosted event with life sized board games (yeah sounds somewhat lame). Only person I know who is going is 1 girl and I kinda know one of the guys, the other 3 are from there video game design class group..... so yeah, no one is really a sports fan at all except for me. :/

t0mp

here's the boost we need:

Dave Isaac ‏
It looks likely that James van Riemsdyk is in the lineup for the #Flyers tonight:

if he can show up the way he did in the playoffs last year somehow..

this also means no rinaldo!! :D

Too easy! Plus, I never pass up an opportunity to remind people that the Devils actually topped the league in goal scoring in 98, 99 and 00 during our boring hockey-killing trap years. Fuck haters, etc.

Re: Flyers/Pens...

If the refs are gonna start calling this series tighter like they did in Game 4, goaltending won't matter as much as staying out of the box. Flyers had 3 PP goals on 5 attempts all in the first period. Then, in the second, the Pens start their onslaught with 3 straight PP goals to bust it open to 6-3.

Whichever team can avoid losing their shit the longest will win.
LOL people complain about the way the Devils played not just because it was boring and ruined hockey, but because the Devils cheated the whole time. They constantly interfered with opposing players, they would hook and hold guys trying to bring the puck out of their own zone, this lead to tons of turnovers which the Devils were then able to turn into goals. Even when they were leading the league in goals they had few offensively talented players, they just coasted off the fact that they could get away with what ever they wanted. The sooner they are in Quebec the better.

gcubed

here's the boost we need:

Dave Isaac ‏

if he can show up the way he did in the playoffs last year somehow..

this also means no rinaldo!! :D

would be nice, but i expected him to show up in the regular season as well, which, aside from a game or two, he was absent (and out with injuries all the time)

t0mp

LOL people complain about the way the Devils played not just because it was boring and ruined hockey, but because the Devils cheated the whole time. They constantly interfered with opposing players, they would hook and hold guys trying to bring the puck out of their own zone, this lead to tons of turnovers which the Devils were then able to turn into goals. Even when they were leading the league in goals they had few offensively talented players, they just coasted off the fact that they could get away with what ever they wanted. The sooner they are in Quebec the better.

yankeehater, give it up. I have no idea how you don't have a devils related tag yet. it's mindblowing

would be nice, but i expected him to show up in the regular season as well, which, aside from a game or two, he was absent (and out with injuries all the time)
yeah, but even that is a huge plus over Rinaldo. If he plays 7-8 minutes tonight that's 4 minutes more than rinaldo and 40 less penalty minutes.

yankeehater, give it up. I have no idea how you don't have a devils related tag yet. it's mindblowing

If I am annoying anyone there is an ignore function here for a reason, but I am not going to sit back and let people say shit like that without replying. Isnt the point of a hockey board to discuss hockey? As much as I might not like the Devil are a part of the NHL, and as such discussing them seems completely on topic.

Anyway Read totally got shafted. I cant believe people hold that he is a few years older then the average rookie against him. In baseball they always make a big deal about older guys making it, but in hockey it is a negative. Seems stupid to me.

Top Bottom