• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

The more I see the highlight of the hit, the more I think it could've been a hell of a lot worse. Not suspending Neal would go with the line of thinking that since Boyle wasn't severely injured, it was a clean hit. But like I said, knowing it could've been a lot worse, should be the precedent for a suspension. I'm a Sens fan yeah, but the point is being proactive, and not reactive. Clean up the game,I don't clean up the mess after the fact.

Might as well make NHL a no contact sport.

It wasn't late, he didn't leave his feet and I don't think head was principal point of contact. Neil isn't a repeat offender either.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If they suspend Neil for that hit I'll take the time to send an angry handwritten letter to the league.

Take that, NHL.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
That sucks for the Bruins if Bergeron isn't going to play today. No Corvo might be a good thing though. Hopefully it is not another head injury for Patrice.

vlcsnap2012042212h44m32.png

Para-rat from last night. Lol

MacAttack

That sucks for the Bruins if Bergeron isn't going to play today. No Corvo might be a good thing though. Hopefully it is not another head injury for Patrice.

Have you heard any news? I just woke up and the last think I heard is that Bergeron was expected to play but was going to be re-evaluated this morning.

MacAttack

No just rumor trash. Who would step in if he is out? Caron?

Yeah Caron would probably be on the third line with Pouliot and Kelly. I don't know what they would do with the rest of the lines. A second line with Marchand-Peverley-Seguin doesn't sound like a good fit for this series.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah! Spit on the letter as well to show them you mean business!

Now you're just being ridiculous.

Seriously hoping you realize this entire thing was sarcasm.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Elias Sports Bureau said:
Craig Anderson made 41 saves to lead the Senators to a 2–0 win at Madison Square Garden in Game 5 of their series against the Rangers. Anderson was the first NHL goaltender to make at least 40 saves in a road shutout in the playoffs since the Stars’ Ed Belfour made 48 stops in a 1–0 triple-overtime win at New Jersey in Game 5 of the 2000 Stanley Cup finals. Before Anderson, the last goaltender to do that in a road playoff game that did not go to overtime was Toronto’s Felix Potvin with a 42-save, 3–0 shutout at Chicago in 1995.
Dayum

Plinko

I really have no expectations about today's game. A close game wouldn't surprise me, and a blowout for either side wouldn't surprise me either.

Pittsburgh wins 5-1.

How quick everybody forgets about Andersons lights out postseason performance in 2010 with the Avalanche.

EDIT: Oh wait, road... That particular performance I was referencing was at home.

What does Torres need to do to get perma'd? Just watched Shanny's explanation video. The dude is a menace.

It'll be interesting to see if Chris Neil gets suspended. Boyle was leaning into his shot so his head was forward. Doesn't look like Neil leaves his skates until AFTER the hit, so he didn't launch himself into it.

Either way, I shudder at these. My son plays hockey and recently had his collar bone broken (requiring surgery to repair).

Mii

Banned
I'm conflicted. Should I bandwagon on the Coyotes, the Preds, or the Flyers? I reserve the right to get back on the Bruins bandwagon if they turn that series around.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
What does Torres need to do to get perma'd? Just watched Shanny's explanation video. The dude is a menace.

It'll be interesting to see if Chris Neil gets suspended. Boyle was leaning into his shot so his head was forward. Doesn't look like Neil leaves his skates until AFTER the hit, so he didn't launch himself into it.

Either way, I shudder at these. My son plays hockey and recently had his collar bone broken (requiring surgery to repair).

It was already announced Neil won't be disciplined.

good morning on this cold Sunday morning (montreal).

I take it back, I think a noon game today will be awesome for staying in at home after sleeping late and eating a delayed breakfast with the game.

Go Flyers Go

ShaneB

Might as well make NHL a no contact sport.

It wasn't late, he didn't leave his feet and I don't think head was principal point of contact. Neil isn't a repeat offender either.

My point is that it could've been much worse given the east/west nature of the hit. If the idea is to clean up the game, than yes, he should be suspended. A few more inches in either direction and it could've been a completely different story.

Ah well, not dwelling on it any longer.

Should be a hell of a day of hockey today starting soon! When the hell am I going to get sunday chores done :(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just listened to High Violet — I dedicate that one to you, Alucard. Rooting for the Pens today... I want seven games, damn it!

Razorskin

----- ------
good morning on this cold Sunday morning (montreal).

I take it back, I think a noon game today will be awesome for staying in at home after sleeping late and eating a delayed breakfast with the game.

Go Flyers Go

Not that cold, but my facebook page is buzzing with "omg snow" status updates.

Alucard

Banned
My point is that it could've been much worse given the east/west nature of the hit. If the idea is to clean up the game, than yes, he should be suspended. A few more inches in either direction and it could've been a completely different story.

Ah well, not dwelling on it any longer.

Should be a hell of a day of hockey today starting soon! When the hell am I going to get sunday chores done :(

Yeah, I have to do a few things around the house still, and prepare a couple of lesson plans for work tomorrow. The outcome of today's game will determine how motivated I will be to do these things.

ShaneB

Yeah, I have to do a few things around the house still, and prepare a couple of lesson plans for work tomorrow. The outcome of today's game will determine how motivated I will be to do these things.

I pray for a crazy first period in this first game so I can skip watching for a bit and get stuff done. The longer it stays 0-0 (HA!!) the longer I have to watch. lol

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I'm conflicted. Should I bandwagon on the Coyotes, the Preds, or the Flyers? I reserve the right to get back on the Bruins bandwagon if they turn that series around.

how is this even a question?! you already know the answer in your heart!

Top Bottom