• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Solo

All aboard! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa!

11514-animated_gifchanljud.gif

Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay

vince_wwf6xjzh.gif
vince_wwf6xjzh.gif
vince_wwf6xjzh.gif
vince_wwf6xjzh.gif

Box-stretched, but that's how it goes
The "best team in 40 years" fucking blows
Maybe it's not too late
For Cindy and Mario
To finally copulate

Malkin unable to bring it
Art Ross went to his head
They're going off the rails to the off-season thread!

Let's Go!

I've laughed at Tabris
I've baited Alu
I've watched all the Bettman's
Who bend their own rules
One Shanahan conditioned to fuck up the game
The league sells it and the fans feel the shame

Fleury's still a porous sieve
Should have dressed a bag of pucks instead

I know that things are going wrong for Pens fans
You gotta listen to my trolls
Yeah

First round fodder
That's what you've become
No Cup this season, your team is done
Box-stretched, I just have to say
I love when the Pens play golf in May

Cindy's pride not healing
Too many shots to the head

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Croz a -3. Way to show up big guy.

Get him another commercial! League poster boy!

By the way, thanks for passing on Jagr in the offseason, Ken Holland. Genius move.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Now for the awesome Caps Bruins match. I want caps to win cause i like Holtby now.

I figure if my blessed Rangers end up losing ill be following Caps and maybe Senators the way through. Bruins too if they win, since Thomas is pretty good. I tend to follow goalies.

Revenant

All aboard! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa!

Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay

vince_wwf6xjzh.gif
vince_wwf6xjzh.gif
vince_wwf6xjzh.gif
vince_wwf6xjzh.gif

Box-stretched, but that's how it goes
The "best team in 40 years" fucking blows
Maybe it's not too late
For Cindy and Mario
To finally copulate

Malkin unable to bring it
Art Ross went to his head

Let's Go!

I've laughed at Tabris
I've baited Alu
I've watched all the Bettman's
Who bend their own rules
One Shanahan conditioned to fuck up the game
The league sells it and the fans feel the shame

Fleury's still a porous sieve
Should have dressed a bag of pucks instead

I know that things are going wrong for Pens fans
You gotta listen to my trolls
Yeah

First round fodder
That's what you've become
No Cup this season, your team is done
Box-stretched, I just have to say
I love when the Pens play golf in May

Cindy's pride not healing
Too many shots to the head

71890_o.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That song was brilliant, Solo.

*Applauds*

Alucard

Banned
It was a good season with a tragic ending. Lots of questions that will need to be answered for next season.

Positives:
Malkin Art Ross + 50 goals
James Neal 40 goals
Dupuis' points streak
Crosby's comeback game and PPG
Cooke changing his style and getting a career high in goals
Staal looking better than ever
Letang looking like money for the first half of the year
Some amazing games (St. Louis comes to mind)
Tons of resiliency shown when dealing with injuries

Negatives:
Concussions suck, man
Fleury shitting the bed in the playoffs
The defense forgetting how to play defense once Crosby came back
Game 3 was shameful
Paul Martin is not worth $5 million
Losing to the Islanders two games in a row to force the Pens to play Philly in round 1

Overall, an exciting year as a fan. Hoping for a better outcome next season.

Let's go Pens.

Cat Party

Gonna be such a weird second round with so many powerhouse teams disposed of, and disposed of so easily. Or former powerhouse teams, depending on how you look at it.

The Rangers are the only team facing elimination that I see pulling their series out at this point.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of torn on this Caps-Bruins series. On the one hand, I'd like to see the Bruins eliminated. On the other hand, if the Rangers can pull out their series in 7, I don't really want to just immediately run smack into a hot Holtby. It's...a conundrum.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Gonna be such a weird second round with so many powerhouse teams disposed of, and disposed of so easily. Or former powerhouse teams, depending on how you look at it.

The Rangers are the only team facing elimination that I see pulling their series out at this point.

Fucking Anderson

t0mp

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLURMER PIC ALL OVER THE PLACE

EDIT: LETS GO CAPS!!

edit2: and just to call it even, fuck you alucard!

3N16MA

Banned
Pens showed some life in this series but you can't advance with those holes in defense, PK, and in net. All areas that were strong for the Pens this season and fell apart at the end. Hope this team is fully healthy for next season.

Now it's time to turn my full attention to MLB, NBA, and the NFL draft.

Best of luck in the next round flyers-gaf, you will need it.

Not if the Sens, Caps, and Panthers advance. I see the Flyers beating all those teams.

Curufinwe

When they got beat by that ridiculous, embarrassing 10-3 score in game 3 I decided to stop reading or watching anything about the series until it was over one way or another. The sense of relief at not getting beaten for the third time in five years by Crosby and the Penguins is really overwhelming. All of you Pens and Flyers fans who watched every minute of the series deserve a medal. My stomach just couldn't take that much pressure.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm kind of torn on this Caps-Bruins series. On the one hand, I'd like to see the Bruins eliminated. On the other hand, if the Rangers can pull out their series in 7, I don't really want to just immediately run smack into a hot Holtby. It's...a conundrum.
Holtby has been great, but he's not Ken Dryden; the Bruins are killing themselves by not generating NEARLY enough decent chances. Holtby will probably look less spectacular next round if they advance (unless the Caps play an equally offensively-challenged team).

Panthers Caps and Flyers Sens would be amazing series next round. I am most afraid out of the Sens from those 4 teams. They have so much heart, a great goalie, and so much young talent. I think that would be a 7 game war.

ShaneB

Panthers Caps and Flyers Sens would be amazing series next round. I am most afraid out of the Sens from those 4 teams. They have so much heart, a great goalie, and so much young talent. I think that would be a 7 game war.

The east is shaping up to be a lot of fun to watch progress with these potential upsets, whereas the west might end up being a total bore.

cube444

Pens showed some life in this series but you can't advance with those holes in defense, PK, and in net. All areas that were strong for the Pens this season and fell apart at the end. Hope this team is fully healthy for next season.

Don't worry. Paul Martin will be there for game 1 of the season.

The east is shaping up to be a lot of fun to watch progress with these potential upsets, whereas the west might end up being a total bore.

Yeah if the Kings advance I think the Preds take the west without breaking a sweat. East is going to be crazy tough for any team to come out of. All the teams are pretty close. Even the Rangers and Bruins played low scoring though defense games, so they will beat the Flyers but it would be a bunch of close games.

Curufinwe

Won't the Panthers play the Senators since they would be the top seed left?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Thornton out, whaaat

I guess it makes sense to get Caron in, but I don't know...

t0mp

Don't worry. Paul Martin will be there for game 1 of the season.

LOL!!!!! my man!

@alucard, I know, I just take offense to it all, and I let it go and tried to be the better man but... I'm not :/

here's a big fuck you list:
1. fuck you james neal you dirty fuck
2. fuck you malkin, you were shut down by a 19 yr old kid, how's it feel you ugly dog
3. fuck you cindy, how'd that hit feel in the beginning of the game?
4. fuck you mario you piece

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom