• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Adr1an

Well these playoffs sure are..different

Canucks out, pens out, detroit out.

and possibility the rangers and bruins getting eliminated as well.

cube444

Such an idiotic system. If you upset a higher seed, you should get their spot in the bracket.

I've hated this ever since the Kings had to face the Red Wings and Avalanche back to back in 2001.

I don't agree.

Why should the Kings suddenly be handed home ice advantage? They didn't earn it throughout 82 games.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
C'est la vie. The numbers were against us once it got to 3 games up, so I've been prepared for this for a while. Congratulations Puddles and...well, Ninja Scooter once he ambles over here from the NFL thread. LA was the better team and proved it.

Now it's all about deciding what to do with our goaltending situation, resting up, trading Raymond to the Leafs and getting ready to run away with the Northwest division yet again.

Sucks man. Hamhuis was so good all year, then makes one bad play.

I feel kind of numb, probably because I was already expecting it once they went down 3-0.

See you in the off-season thread.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Such an idiotic system. If you upset a higher seed, you should get their spot in the bracket.

I've hated this ever since the Kings had to face the Red Wings and Avalanche back to back in 2001.

Bah, I think it gives more importance to the regular season

Puddles

Banned
Kings over Blues in six. I honestly think we're the better team. For the record, I thought the Canucks were the better team going into that series. Never really been afraid of the Blues though.

Bah, I think it gives more importance to the regular season

That is a good point.

Sanjuro

C'est la vie. The numbers were against us once it got to 3 games up, so I've been prepared for this for a while. Congratulations Puddles and...well, Ninja Scooter once he ambles over here from the NFL thread. LA was the better team and proved it.

Now it's all about deciding what to do with our goaltending situation, resting up, trading Raymond to the Leafs and getting ready to run away with the Northwest division yet again.

It's going to be a wicked hard decision.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

whoa whoa we have enough 2nd/3rd line players.

Seriously though, bish. Lu or Cory?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Kings over Blues in six. I honestly think we're the better team. For the record, I thought the Canucks were the better team going into that series. Never really been afraid of the Blues though.

Your forwards are better, their defense is FAR better

Goalies are a wash... Both have gods in net

snack

Is there any professional league that does this? That's stupid.

ShaneB

James Duthie just summed up the first round on their TSN predictions going haywire. "Clearly it's time to rehire the monkey"

Stubo

You need to find somewhere to move Vince Vaughn so we can fit in 2012-2013 next year.

Also, go Kings, because you are the only West team left I don't hate.

Plenty of room on the bottom of the image.

QqGsi.jpg
Sorry NucksGAF, I can't imagine you filling the rest of that white space if that means anything...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That is how literally every other major sports league in America does it.

No--NBA is the only one who re-seeds the playoffs, I believe. NFL doesn't. Higher seed always gets home-field, as does baseball.

snack

Schnieder is our #1 now.

Slurmer

Banned

I like it this way. Would you give the 8 seed home ice in the next round?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
By the way, this is the best 1st round of the playoffs I've ever seen.

Plinko

Puddles' playoff idea is idiotic.

So you play like crap all season long, sneak into the playoffs, upset the #1 seed and then get home-ice from then on?

That's ludicrous and basically makes almost the entire regular season irrelevant.

Top Bottom