• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Apparently, as of two weeks ago:

Here are NHL Playoffs 2011 odds via Bodog:

* Pittsburgh Penguins 4/1
* New York Rangers 11/2
* Vancouver Canucks 11/2
* St. Louis Blues 15/2
* Boston Bruins 8/1
* Detroit Red Wings 2/1
* Nashville Predators 14/1
* Philadelphia Flyers 14/1
* Chicago Blackhawks 16/1
* San Jose Sharks 18/1
* Los Angeles Kings 20/1
* New Jersey Devils 25/1
* Washington Capitals 30/1
* Florida Panthers 35/1
* Ottawa Senators 40/1
* Phoenix Coyotes 40/1
I need to stop talking myself out of putting money on series/sports.

Puddles

Banned
I'd just like to remind everyone that Socreges was the most scared about being matched up with the Queens, while everyone else was mildly suspicious at best.

Smart bear.

Also Queens, you can now go back to fucking yourselves. You're out in the second round.

The Kings were always theoretically better than a typical #8 seed. They massively underachieved for most of the season, particularly in the stretch between losing Gagne and acquiring Carter.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hahaha what a great birthday this was.

Pens lose, Canucks lose (no offense to Nucks-GAF I just want to see Tabris' post when he gets home from the game), a kickass BBQ at my place, all is good.

FQNqE.png

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
NHL '97 sucked. Thankfully, EA found their form again with '98.

Alfie, Silfverberg and Stone all in for Monday.

FINISH OFF THE RAGS

GJ way to jinx it.

Silf just arrived and is probably too jet lagged/ hungover.
I say Game 7(if it happens) at the earliest.

Added pressure on the #1 seed, and no pressure at all on the #8 seed. I wonder if that makes a difference. I wonder what the stats are on 1vs7 matchups.

I don't think seeding matters as much post lockout. It's all about matchups.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha what a great birthday this was.

Pens lose, Canucks lose (no offense to Nucks-GAF I just want to see Tabris' post when he gets home from the game), a kickass BBQ at my place, all is good.

Hey! Happy Bday, Cap'n! Too bad you aren't going to the meet up again...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Last NHL game I bought was 2004.
That was the last one I really enjoyed. I tried 2010 and I just don't like the feel of it anymore. I get that they're "good" but they're not for me.

RC

Banned
That was the last one I really enjoyed. I tried 2010 and I just don't like the feel of it anymore. I get that they're "good" but they're not for me.

I can't play a game that requires so much finesse from the right stick. I was born a button man and I'll die a button man

Added pressure on the #1 seed, and no pressure at all on the #8 seed. I wonder if that makes a difference. I wonder what the stats are on 1vs7 matchups.

2v7, you mean?

8 times since the 99-2000 season. Only once did both 7 seeds advance.

Oh. Make sense.

Yeah, Cup odds. BS report actually remarked on how low some of those odds were compared to betting on other sports; Vegas obviously knows how unstable the NHL playoffs can be.

Ra\/en

2v7, you mean?

8 times since the 99-2000 season. Only once did both 7 seeds advance.

Yeah, Cup odds. BS report actually remarked on how low some of those odds were compared to betting on other sports; Vegas obviously knows how unstable the NHL playoffs can be.

O MAN too much anger and frustration. I can't think clearly. Thanks for the stat.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
NHL '97 sucked. Thankfully, EA found their form again with '98.
*bows* thank you

I had this for PC, I remember just being able to skate to center ice and flip a shot in the air that would drop in behind the goalie for a goal almost every single time, it was glorious!!
Would you believe I wrote this up as a bug, and the producers decided to keep it? made our QA tourney into a near fist fight. smh

Entropia

No One Remembers
Apparently, as of two weeks ago:

Here are NHL Playoffs 2011 odds via Bodog:

* Pittsburgh Penguins 4/1
* New York Rangers 11/2
* Vancouver Canucks 11/2
* St. Louis Blues 15/2
* Boston Bruins 8/1
* Detroit Red Wings 2/1
* Nashville Predators 14/1
* Philadelphia Flyers 14/1
* Chicago Blackhawks 16/1
* San Jose Sharks 18/1
* Los Angeles Kings 20/1
* New Jersey Devils 25/1
* Washington Capitals 30/1
* Florida Panthers 35/1
* Ottawa Senators 40/1
* Phoenix Coyotes 40/1

God dammit, I need to bet on sports.

Archer

Grats Kings.

Canucks, you guys are the best at what you do: getting naive fans' hopes up, then dropping a deuce all over them. You choked last year under pressure at home, and you choked again this year. You get what you deserve... mediocrity.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Am I the only one that didn't really play any NHL games during the N64 days? (I got a PSX for the FF games)... I had Breakway 98 and boy did it SUCK,

I posted the NHL97 cover for the team on it :lol ... but I'm loving this discussion because it inspired me to get a NTSC copy of NHL94 on SNES since I found this last night.

$3 AUD for NHL94... Yes please.

Jakeh111

Fun fact: Chris Stewart always does the game winning animation after winning a game in NHL 94 after actually winning a real hockey game with the St. Louis Blues

Tabris

“The most spiritual (faithful) human beings, assuming they are the most courageous, also experience by far the most painful tragedies: but it is precisely for this reason that they honor life, because it brings against them its most formidable weapons.”

I won't become jaded and cynical, no matter how painful.

Ra\/en

“The most spiritual human beings, assuming they are the most courageous, also experience by far the most painful tragedies: but it is precisely for this reason that they honor life, because it brings against them its most formidable weapons.”

Well. I like the avatar more.

Tough luck this year. Enough about destiny. There is always next year.

“The most spiritual (faithful) human beings, assuming they are the most courageous, also experience by far the most painful tragedies: but it is precisely for this reason that they honor life, because it brings against them its most formidable weapons.”

I won't become jaded and cynical.

But will you finally shut the fuck up about Destiny now?

Montresor

Tabris, that avatar is beautiful. I'm not being snarky or anything, as I really think the picture captures a touching moment.

Another member of Canucks-GAF wore that avatar after last year's loss too, I think.

Top Bottom