• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Hitz is great lol

I had both for Gamecube but traded them in to help get another console later on.

It pissed me off so much that I got rid of them, I ordered 2003 online and I never have gotten anything online before.

I liked the games THAT much, my favorite hockey games and one of my favorite sports titles period(I usually prefer the gameplay of the arcadey ones rather than the sims).

ShaneB

Man, NHL 94 was my go to game for years. I would play that before going to minor hockey pretending it was like warming up or something. lol Good times, I played a bunch of NHL 98 as well on Genesis, but I remember good times with NHLPA 93, and 94 so much more.

Sucks about the Canucks, but oh well, let's go Sens! Please win tomorrow! I'm not sure I can handle 2 game 7's on Wednesday.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Canada needs to unite behind the Senators.

No.

I hate people saying that, I have no reason to cheer on the only Canadian team left, cause let's be honest as if any of you bitches would be cheering on the Leafs if they were the only one left.

rellix

I have no idea how the second round works, say that I have Preds winning another series and they win but against another team, will I get any points then?

C-jo? Pretty sure

it's just whether your select team advances to that round. opponent doesn't matter. Essentially, if they win X round, you get X points. So each team correctly selected to win round 1 earns you 1 point. Round 2 winners earn 2 points, etc.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, if you guys want to see all the intros for every hockey game, just check out my YouTube channel. I need to get some footage from the older games still, but I was putting together a History of Video Game Hockey a few years ago.

I have a play list of all the video intros and man do they bring back some memories...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL47EB0FAC67862853&feature=plcp

I also have gameplay footage from all these games recorded as well and on my channel.

I had NHL 2000 on PC. The customization mod I found was awesome. Imported all new jerseys, changed player names, and basically created an entirely new league with a friend of mine.

A league entirely created by Marvie..... I don't know about that, games would end with a battle to the death most likely.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Panthers- GAF is accepting all Nucks refugees. We gave you Lou.

I expect quite a few to jump on board with us. Their fanbase took over the official Panthers forums last year because theirs kept going down in the finals due to bandwith issues... they seemed to take a liking to us in their time there and adopted us as their southern team.

I say welcome!

Well 2/3 today, hopefully the caps can get them in game 7.

Go Yotes, Caps, Sens, and Panthers !

Yes, yes... I'm down with all of this.

Would you believe I wrote this up as a bug, and the producers decided to keep it? made our QA tourney into a near fist fight. smh

Mixing QA and competitive multiplayer testing with everyone in the same room never ends well.

Cake Boss

Banned

img_35.gif

Ra\/en

You don't care about hockey do you?

Well.. I like Philly too. I don't like Nashville's style of play, but I like Rinne.

Well who else am I gonna cheer for? I don't like the sens... I can't stand boston (obviously). Never liked washington much. Can't cheer for the rangers due to old hatred. Hate the blues/LA/Chicago.

I would have gladly cheered for the Sharks or Detroit.

I don't really have great reasons for my choices. Who are you goin with?

I had NHL 2000 on PC. The customization mod I found was awesome. Imported all new jerseys, changed player names, and basically created an entirely new league with a friend of mine.

I imported my goalie gear into that game. Looked like shit, but it was a blast. I think you could import your own face too, but the results were fucking frightening unless you did it exactly right. I believe 2000 on PC was the game where a hard slap shot would knock the goalie on his ass... ahh, the memories.

RC

Banned
Well.. I like Philly too. I don't like Nashville's style of play, but I like Rinne.

Well who else am I gonna cheer for? I don't like the sens... I can't stand boston (obviously). Never liked washington much. Can't cheer for the rangers due to old hatred. Hate the blues/LA/Chicago.

I would have gladly cheered for the Sharks or Detroit.

I don't really have great reasons for my choices. Who are you goin with?

Panthers. They've been the league's garbage bin for years, its about time they enjoyed some success.

I needed a laugh. Thank you.

Marvie_3

Banned
I imported my goalie gear into that game. Looked like shit, but it was a blast. I think you could import your own face too, but the results were fucking frightening unless you did it exactly right. I believe 2000 on PC was the game where a hard slap shot would knock the goalie on his ass... ahh, the memories.

Yeah you could. Apparently this feature is now too complicated to include in the current NHL games.

And the New York Giants, and whoever else you feel like...

:lol

The louder you shout the more right you are amirite guys? You lot of fucking idiots are too blinded by one season of success to even be able to be honest with yourselves. I'm not even arguing who the better team was but if you're too fucking blind to be able to see how your team plays then there's nothing anyone can do. The fact that you pack of tards can't admit to your system is pathetic.

Grats on your win, the harder working team won. Go back to sucking Ken Hitchcocks fat chode now.

1237977238_pineapple-express-laughing.gif

Maybe you should learn about the game of hockey. 5 on 5 SJ and STL were about dead even most of the series. We killed you on the PP and killed most of our penalties. It was the difference. The truth is the Blues defense really starts below the dots in the offensive zone. The aggressive forecheck is a really important part of the overall defensive scheme. Anyone who suggests the scheme is simply to clog the neutral zone is either lying or stupid. Guess which one you are.

Ra\/en

Times like this I hate being a one sport one team kind of guy. This is all I have for the year.

What about the whitecaps?

I'm thinking of investing a bit more into watching them.

I do follow the Lions, but I don't really care that much about the CFL.

Top Bottom