• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

pestul

It was the right call. It was impossible to tell if his skate touched the puck, rule on the ice stands.

Final note, what was with that last pass?! There's <10s left in the game.. shoot the puck idiot!

Should be a great game 7.

pestul

Last I checked, the Toronto control room made that call, not the refs.

Well to be fair, the refs called it a good goal on the ice when they could have waived it off right away lol. It would have been something had they done that, one ref not agree and send that to Toronto..

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Coming into this game, I felt like this was the Senators' one big chance to win this series. If the Rangers were going to win, they were going to have to put in a hell of an effort and overcome all the momentum the Sens' had built up, and that's what they did.

Hagelin's presence made a world of difference in the Rangers' offensive pace, and Kreider has finally truly arrived. Lundqvist is still on his game, the defense is still doing its job, and even the power play is showing signs of life. The crowd is going to be electric on Thursday night.

I'm liking our chances in Game 7 now.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Coming into this game, I felt like this was the Senators' one big chance to win this series. If the Rangers were going to win, they were going to have to put in a hell of an effort and overcome all the momentum the Sens' had built up, and that's what they did.

Hagelin's presence made a world of difference in the Rangers' offensive pace, and Kreider has finally truly arrived. Lundqvist is still on his game, the defense is still doing its job, and even the power play is showing signs of life. The crowd is going to be electric on Thursday night.

I'm liking our chances in Game 7 now.

I think Rangers play worse at home in this series tbh. I hope not for 7.

Man I hate the defensive lapses this team has sometimes. Oh well they ended on a positive note, as long as they can get their shit together they should be fine. Refereeing was shit once again though...

Man I hate the defensive lapses this team has sometimes. Oh well they ended on a positive note, as long as they can get their shit together they should be fine. Refereeing was shit once again though...

That was a choke job, they deserve to lose the series. They were up 1-0, took their foot off the pedal and went into full retard mode. Might be a major turning point in the series for all I know.

Reffing was brutal on that 5-3 but we'd have found another way to lose playing like that. Rangers deserved that game.

Oh well, Game 7 winner take all.

Montresor

KingHenrik is a moron. No one cares about you "sticking to your principles," Henrik. You can post again.

Anyhow, gonna get some pizza and watch this game.

Hawks keeping up the pressure for once in the series, but if we can't get one in the net in ten minutes this won't end well.

Lots of energy in the UC at least.

That was a choke job, they deserve to lose the series. They were up 1-0, took their foot off the pedal and went into full retard mode. Might be a major turning point in the series for all I know.

Reffing was brutal on that 5-3 but we'd have found another way to lose playing like that. Rangers deserved that game.

I thought Ottawa played a little better overall than NYR again today, but like you said this team just randomly chokes in the middle of the game and lets in a couple goals. It's been happening all season.

But yea Rangers definitely deserved it with all the shot blocking etc. and Lundqvist's/Richards play. I trust Maclean to lay down the law and tell this team to stop playing like fucking retards...Rangers were doing it and got fucked over for it...I have no idea why Ottawa decided they should start. Oh well they show heart every game and that really all you can ask for. If they can keep their composure I think we can win this.

Cake Boss

Banned

Agree even though the reffing was brutal they played the worst game of the series so far. Barely any sustained pressure at all.

Spezza played like fucking dogshit again with those soft ass passes
Alfie looked meh
And the defense just collapsed after the 2nd goal. I saw it a mile away.
Karlsson was so casual and no urgency in his game.

pestul

Agree even though the reffing was brutal they played the worst game of the series so far. Barely any sustained pressure at all.

Spezza played like fucking dogshit again with those soft ass passes
Alfie looked meh
And the defense just collapsed after the 2nd goal. I saw it a mile away.
Karlsson was so casual and no urgency in his game.

Only good out of Spezza tonight was that last play that lead to the controversial goal. If only he'd go into beast mode like that more often.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think Rangers play worse at home in this series tbh. I hope not for 7.

They've played 3 games at home, and in one and a half of them they looked pretty good, outscoring the Sens 6-2 in that span. And then in the last one, they really outplayed the Sens most of the way and basically just got robbed by a mega-hot Anderson. So really their play at home has been pretty good, despite 2 of their 3 wins coming on the road (and 2 of their 3 losses at home).

Plus there are few things quite like a Game 7 in MSG, especially for a young team like the Senators.

NYR

MSG has hosted three Game 7's, and the Rangers have won all 3: 1992 and 1994 vs. Devils, 1994 vs. Canucks.

Top Bottom