• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Levyne

Banned
Wings, Blackhawks, Bruins, Canucks, Penguins all out. Wow.

Part of me wants NY and NJ to lose for this to be as insane as possible

Cake Boss

Banned
Obama-Pushups-600x398.jpg

TIM THOMAS GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The goaltending and defense in this series was pretty good at stopping the top line guys. It was a good series. I don't care how much Zombie whines about it.

RC

Banned
We'll save you a spot on the golf course.

Seeing Boston get eliminated doesn't make up for last season or this season but it still feels really good.

While I always want my home team to win, Knowing most of the favorites are already out of the running I can't say I'm all that upset over it. Glad that chances point to an underdog winning the cup at this point.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
HoltbyGAF wow

And yet still nothing decided for the eastern conference, Caps could play Rags, Flyers, Cats or Devils?

I think it's impossible for them to play the Devils. They either play the Rangers, Panthers, or Flyers.

Caps play the Rangers IF: the Rangers win.

Caps play the Panthers IF: the Rangers lose and the Panthers win.

Caps play the Flyers IF: the Rangers and Panthers both lose.

EDIT: I have been corrected. They can play the Devils, ignore the above.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I hope Florida wins tomorrow!

Lots of teams who don't usually get far in the playoffs are winning this year, I like it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lol it was a pretty lucky goal though

I'm just happy there going to be very fresh blood

I think the only teams left to get in the finals in the last decade is the senators, flyers and devils

Good shit

Hope NyR and NJ get dusted tomorrow so the only team with a cup in 2nd round is flyers

TheFatOne

Man this season just sucked for me. Missed most of the games, and then miss most of the playoff games. Hopefully I can watch some of the other series.

purg3

slept with Malkin
damn, I feel for you Bruins Gaf. Was really pulling for them to win. ECF is going to be fucking garbage this year...Can't stand any of the remaining teams, except for maybe the Panthers, but they fucking blew it the other night.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nah if the Sens win the Caps can play the Devils

Ah, shit, you are right. For some reason I was thinking they'd play the Flyers, but you are correct.

In that case then, it's impossible for them to play the Panthers. If the Panthers win and Rangers lose, Panthers would play the Senators and Flyers would play the Caps. If Rangers win it doesn't matter what the Panthers do, the Rangers would play the Caps. And if both the Rangers and Panthers lose, then the Flyers would be the top seed and play the Senators, leaving the Capitals to play the Devils.

Sanjuro

damn, I feel for you Bruins Gaf. Was really pulling for them to win. ECF is going to be fucking garbage this year...Can't stand any of the remaining teams, except for maybe the Panthers, but they fucking blew it the other night.

Pretty much. Maybe the Sens can make a push, who knows.

So glad the Bruins are out. Hate Thomas. Don't mind the team overall, but I'd rather not see a team repeat
unless it's the Blackhawks

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Hopefully people at work tomorrow think I'm all sad and stuff and won't bother me.

Curufinwe

Someone outside Boston like the Bruins enough to want them in the finals again?

Top Bottom