• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

hubes

Wow you really are a Devils fan. Sucks the Devils will get an extra round of playoff money but at least Brouder will get lit up on a national stage now. I wonder what the over under on games he gets pulled is? I believe 3 different times the Devils had 2 goal leads on the Panthers only to let the Panthers comeback and tie it up, it will be interesting to see how they do against the Flyers offense now.

My prediction is Flyers in 3. The Devils will be so crushed by 3 consecutive 10-0 games that they do whats right and just forfeit the last game.

i gotta agree with everything you just said

URGH THE WOUND IS STILL SORE the morning after.
I know that feel bro .

Rewatched game 4 SCF and shit that OT goal was almost the same play.
Wow you really are a Devils fan. Sucks the Devils will get an extra round of playoff money but at least Brouder will get lit up on a national stage now. I wonder what the over under on games he gets pulled is? I believe 3 different times the Devils had 2 goal leads on the Panthers only to let the Panthers comeback and tie it up, it will be interesting to see how they do against the Flyers offense now.

The key is the PP. The Devs had such a good PK in the reg season was because it was so offensive. The Panthers could crack it because of our blue-liners QB'ing the PP. Game 2 and game 3 played out the same in terms of PP goals: win face-off, point shot, rebound, goal.

The devils weak spot is their D-men. They are slow, turnover pucks, and are bad with rebound control. The Panthers exploited them by out skating them and creating odd man rushes. Philly has a better offense I think they will convert more of those into goals. Brodeur is at best average and I don't see the series past 5.

Solo

You really dont hate any of the teams left? The Rangers are from NY, the Caps are usually overhyped chokers, the Flyers are the mean old Broad Street Bullies, and the Devils brought the trap to hockey and have ruined the sport. What teams do you hate?

I don't have irrational NYC hate, Caps are fun to watch implode, Flyers haven't been the Broad Street Bullies in years, and the trap won the Devils Cups.

I ain't even mad. Although I do fucking loathe's Giroux's long hair. Great player, but get a fucking haircut you greaseball.

I know that feel bro .

Rewatched game 4 SCF and shit that OT goal was almost the same play.

The key is the PP. The Devs had such a good PK in the reg season was because it was so offensive. The Panthers could crack it because of our blue-liners QB'ing the PP. Game 2 and game 3 played out the same in terms of PP goals: win face-off, point shot, rebound, goal.

The devils weak spot is their D-men. They are slow, turnover pucks, and are bad with rebound control. The Panthers exploited them by out skating them and creating odd man rushes. Philly has a better offense I think they will convert more of those into goals. Brodeur is at best average and I don't see the series past 5.

Flyers PP is so good, I think they are going to destroy the Devils in that area. I am really curious to see how the Panthers do going forward. I really think they fell victim to being a young team this series. They were up 3-2 and dominated the Devils in game 5, I think they just expected it to be over then and didnt keep the same intensity. They should learn from this and be a really scary team next year.

Silexx

Man, after last night's loss, I was getting ready to go into baseball mode but then I wake up to find out that the Jays got swept by the Orioles. Fuck this shit.

Flyers PP is so good, I think they are going to destroy the Devils in that area. I am really curious to see how the Panthers do going forward. I really think they fell victim to being a young team this series. They were up 3-2 and dominated the Devils in game 5, I think they just expected it to be over then and didnt keep the same intensity. They should learn from this and be a really scary team next year.

Great prospects coming in. 6'6 Markstrom in net, Huberdeau (best Panthers prospect since Bure), Bjustard (6'3 highly skilled power forward). More importantly management that gives a shit. Thus team will be a cup team in 2-3 years.

We just need better offense our 1st line is a 2nd line. I hope Tallon makes a move for Staal or Parise going forward. Extremely happy with our D-men and goaltenders.

Solo

LOL. Still bitter over the ECF?

Nope. Just a gut feeling. Marty has one more playoff gem left in him. And your blind hatred of NJ is making you completely underestimate them. Unless the Flyers D and goaltending has magically gotten leagues better in the past few days, you guys are still going to have a hard time in these playoffs.

Nope. Just a gut feeling. Marty has one more playoff gem left in him. And your blind hatred of NJ is making you completely underestimate them. Unless the Flyers D and goaltending has magically gotten leagues better in the past few days, you guys are still going to have a hard time in these playoffs.

I think you are to much into to the lol Bryz side to see that the Flyers D played great the last game, we will also be getting back Grossman and Mez this round, and the Devils offense isnt even close to the Pens. On top of that Bryz totally dominated the Devils this year 2 SOs I believe and a 0.27 GAA. Unless Marty is going to pitch 4 SOs I dont see how the Devils can advance. That has nothing to do with how much I hate the Devils, which is a lot, just on paper I think this is a nightmare matchup for the Devils. They could have hung round with the other 3 teams in the east but I think the Flyers will crush them.

Solo

Devils have the best PK in history, for starters. And that Flyers D was porous at best in the first round. Yes, you guys can score a ton of goals, and thats enough to beat a team with MAF in nets, but you'll be screwed even if you do beat the Devils, as the Rangers would crush you.

If the Flyers O this season could be matched with their D of 2 years ago, you'd be in business.

Devils have the best PK in history, for starters. And that Flyers D was porous at best in the first round. Yes, you guys can score a ton of goals, and thats enough to beat a team with MAF in nets, but you'll be screwed even if you do beat the Devils, as the Rangers would crush you.

If the Flyers O this season could be matched with their D of 2 years ago, you'd be in business.

I agree about the Rangers beating the flyers, hopefully it wont come to that. The Devils historic PK gave up a bunch of goal to the Panthers PP, the flyers PP is better. The Flyer D was porous against the highest scoring team in the league, the Devils offense is flat out bad.

sammich

Since i picked La over Van, Phi over Pit, Wash over Bos

Was over NYR (Go OVI!, After Seid and Chara i think it will be a physical break for him)
Phi over NJ (Kovalchuk looks way too injured :( )
Nash over Pho, Nashville is way too strong and i dont think Smith can keep it up
LA over StL (Will be tough but i think D Sutter will prevail over Hitch)

Entropia

No One Remembers
Some First Round Stats in the GAF Pool:

No one picked all 8 correctly
5 people picked 7 correctly - of those 5, only 1 person picked a team to win the cup that was eliminated in the first round (Detroit)
1 person got 0 points, they picked Vancouver to win the cup. It is impossible for them to get any points from here on in.
Vancouver is the most picked team to win the cup, 25 people
Pittsburgh was in second with 21 people
Boston was third with 12
All three of those teams have been eliminated.

New Jersey and Los Angeles are the only teams to have only one person pick them to win it all.

Average points per people who picked a team to win it all
Chicago: 5.6
St. Louis: 5.3
Boston: 3.58
Vancouver: 3.8
Washington: 5.2
Phoenix: 4
New Jersey: 5 (only one person picked them to win it all)
Philadelphia: 5.37
Los Angeles: 5 (only one person picked them to win it all)
Florida: 3.3
Pittsburgh: 3.6
Nashville: 4.3
New York: 3.6
Detroit: 4
Ottawa: 4.3
San Jose: 2.3

Saza, hubes and t0mp are currently the front runners based on who they lost out on in the 1st round and how far that team advanced. (ie CrazedArabMan has detroit winning the cup so his point potential is drastically lowered) Saza picked Washington to win the cup, hubes and t0mp picked Philly.

Yea, a bit bored at work

Marvie_3

Banned
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

My Chicago pick was awful

ShaneB

Man, after last night's loss, I was getting ready to go into baseball mode but then I wake up to find out that the Jays got swept by the Orioles. Fuck this shit.

Jays are forever stuck in mediocrity. Hype every year will be different, and nope.

You mean best final 8. It's wide open and the Wing, Hawks, Nuks, Pens, and Bruins are golfing. I couldn't think of a better 2nd round.

I can't help but agree. It feels so odd to see such a vastly different playoff picture, but the more I think about it, it's pretty interesting. I don't really care who comes out of the west, but the east has 2 great series to watch. Caps and Rangers will be interesting as I'll be rooting for the Caps, and I'm still on the Flyers bandwagon as I hate the Devils.

Some First Round Stats in the GAF Pool:

No one picked all 8 correctly
5 people picked 7 correctly - of those 5, only 1 person picked a team to win the cup that was eliminated in the first round (Detroit)
1 person got 0 points, they picked Vancouver to win the cup. It is impossible for them to get any points from here on in.
Vancouver is the most picked team to win the cup, 25 people
Pittsburgh was in second with 21 people
Boston was third with 12
All three of those teams have been eliminated.

New Jersey and Los Angeles are the only teams to have only one person pick them to win it all.

Saza, hubes and t0mp are currently the front runners based on who they lost out on in the 1st round and how far that team advanced. (ie CrazedArabMan has detroit winning the cup so his point potential is drastically lowered) Saza picked Washington to win the cup, hubes and t0mp picked Philly.

Yea, a bit bored at work

GO ME!!!
Yeah I'm screwed now for the rest of the rounds, at least I tied for first after the first round though, can't believe my picks were on this year, anyways...

With that said my predictions for the 2nd round:

Nashville
in 5
St. Louis in 7

Philly
in 6
Rangers in 7

Who I actually want to win:

Nordiques
over Preds
LA over St. Louis

Philly over Devils
Caps over Rangers

Root for the Capitals? Gross.

I'd probably prefer the Rangers, but I love Brodeur. The only team in the West that makes sense for me are the Blues.

Pv5kc.gif

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Woke up this morning, still feel gutted =/

Guess I'll throw support behind Philly in the East, and... I dunno, anyone but the Blues in the West. Meh.

Top Bottom