• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
What's fucked?

No two of the same seeded team advanced

1. NYR
2. St. louis
3. Phoenix
4. Nashville
5. Philadelphia
6. New Jersey
7. Washington
8. Los Angeles

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently this is the first time in 50 years that no Canadian team is in the 2nd round. Low blow.

RBH

Apparently this is the first time in 50 years that no Canadian team is in the 2nd round. Low blow.
duggan.JPG

Ozone

It's nice how easy the Flyers have had it travel-wise so far. First we went across the state, now we just cross the Delaware River. Then they'll either be headed to Maryland or New York.

Bring on Sunday. I'm ready for Round 2 yesterday.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hopefully the Flyers demolish the Flyers, I don't really care who wins Wash / Rangers. Preds / Blues in WCF

Wait a second, Henrique is a ROOKIE? My GOD, what a fucking stud.

Devils are going to be a force for a long time with this kid in their lineup.

Wow you really are a Devils fan. Sucks the Devils will get an extra round of playoff money but at least Brouder will get lit up on a national stage now. I wonder what the over under on games he gets pulled is? I believe 3 different times the Devils had 2 goal leads on the Panthers only to let the Panthers comeback and tie it up, it will be interesting to see how they do against the Flyers offense now.

My prediction is Flyers in 3. The Devils will be so crushed by 3 consecutive 10-0 games that they do whats right and just forfeit the last game.

Clydefrog

Does 80% of NHL-GAF think that LA can beat the Blues now?

I honestly think the Blues have this in 5. I would be astounded to see LA win this series.

edit: go kings! 6! all teams lose away from home in the playoffs

Sorry Devils fan I got some bad news for you. Bryz had a 0.27 GAA this year against the Devils. They were the one team he played consistently well against. The Devils wins against the Flyers came with that fucking loser Bob in net, better luck next year I guess.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Since my bracket is jacked up:

Flyers in 5
Rangers in 6
Predators in 6
Kings in 7

Man the pressure that would be on the Rangers if they make it to the ECF against the Flyers. 8 straight wins against a team and then only needing to win 4 out of 7 to advance. I really hope the Caps some how beat the Rangers.

Flyers in 5 over Devils
Rangers in 4 over Capitals

Yotes in 6 over Preds (my upset pick)

Not making a prediction on the Blues/King series.

Clydefrog said:
Does 80% of NHL-GAF think that LA can beat the Blues now?

I honestly think the Blues have this in 5. I would be astounded to see LA win this series.

edit: go kings! 6! all teams lose away from home in the playoffs

Not that reg season even matters, but LA had the better of us. They also are a bigger team. Reaves will most likely replace Crombeen on the 4th line game 1 and hopefully he won't take bad penalties. From the way I saw LA play the Nuks I'd say this series is more likely to go to 7 games than any other.

Solo

Worst final 8 ever. I don't like any of these teams, but at the same time, I don't hate any of them either. So there's nothing for me to cling to.

NHL '12 Playoffs Round 2 |OT| Blandoffs

Worst final 8 ever. I don't like any of these teams, but at the same time, I don't hate any of them either. So there's nothing for me to cling to.

You mean best final 8. It's wide open and the Wing, Hawks, Nuks, Pens, and Bruins are golfing. I couldn't think of a better 2nd round.

You really dont hate any of the teams left? The Rangers are from NY, the Caps are usually overhyped chokers, the Flyers are the mean old Broad Street Bullies, and the Devils brought the trap to hockey and have ruined the sport. What teams do you hate?

Top Bottom