• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Marvie_3

Banned
And now this thread is dead. Sad. I knew it would happen.

iLZmf3RbhYHU7.jpg

Heretic

Didn't make me feel better in 96, 2001 or 2002. And LA's a cinderella team.
They were predicted to win the cup... How is that a Cinderella team? Despite the odd remaining teams, I don't think any of them can be considered? Cinderella." Now if the Panthers would have still been playing then I'd give them the nod. Heck, even the Senators.

RC

Banned
They were predicted to win the cup... How is that a Cinderella team? Despite the odd remaining teams, I don't think any of them can be considered? Cinderella." Now if the Panthers would have still been playing then I'd give them the nod. Heck, even the Senators.

An eighth seed advancing to the Stanley Cup final is the very definition of a Cinderella team.

Clydefrog

An eighth seed advancing to the Stanley Cup final is the very definition of a Cinderella team.

Kings shouldn't have been an 8 seed. Having said that, they shouldn't have even made the playoffs if Quick wasn't in goal. They would have been below the Ducks if Quick wasn't in goal. Quick put the Kings in the playoffs and now things are finally clicking (minus Carter) the past few months. Kings are an extremely strong 8 seed.

St Louis still wins this series in 7 though

Marvie_3

Banned
Kings shouldn't have been an 8 seed. Having said that, they shouldn't have even made the playoffs if Quick wasn't in goal. They would have been below the Ducks if Quick wasn't in goal. Quick put the Kings in the playoffs and now things are finally clicking (minus Carter) the past few months. Kings are an extremely strong 8 seed.

St Louis still wins this series in 7 though
I don't think so. I don't think St. Louis is good enough offensively to overcome Quick.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lets go Flyers.

The NHL better do something about the obstruction this summer, because I usually watch the rest of the playoffs whenever my team doesnt make it, but this time the only series I am going to watch is the Flyers one.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like both of these team to annihilate each other.

I'll be rooting for whatever seems the most entertaining at the moment.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
agreed. But flyers might give the Rangers the most trouble.

Yeah, I don't buy into the whole "we went 6-0 against them so it would be super easy!" line. That was then, this is now. Neither the Flyers or Devils would be a cake walk.

I'm really most curious to see if the Flyers really are legit hot right now or if the first round was just Pittsburgh shitting the bed. Also whether or not they have anything resembling goaltending.

Top Bottom