• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

man, i was looking everywhere to find out why his money would be counted against the cap when he retired... i thought he signed it right before he turned 35, which is why there was a big hubub around his contract and he actually signed it after 35.

Not the best source maybe but cap geek has it listed as a 35+ contract.

Merguson

Banned
http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=284062

It's old but there was a debate over it, I suppose. I'm assuming the Flyers are stuck with it officially.

According to the NHL, the answer is yes. The seven-year, $35 million extension Pronger agreed to on Tuesday doesn't commence until after June 30, 2010. Pronger will be 35 at that point and any remaining salary will remain on the cap.

EDIT: There's always a possibility the Flyers wouldn't be able to put Pronger on LTIR long-term, depending on how the negotiations for the new CBA turns out.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so I had a weird dream last night that I went to the future and realised it, so I went online and found out the Finals this year will be between Nashville and Washington. I also found out that Miami will win the World Series this year.

True, this was a dream, but it would be neat if I was right.

hubes

Yeah I dont know I saw a post on another site talking about the new schedule being announced at 5 but that doesnt make any sense. It cant be Pronger retiring, no way would the Flyers be okay with that. Maybe Bryz saw a bear in a dream last night and now he cant play any more.

someone on hf boards speculated that it's about the flyers moving radio coverage from WIP to the fanatic. this makes the most sense to me because it's horrible timing for anything player related and the sixers just did the same thing.

gcubed

someone on hf boards speculated that it's about the flyers moving radio coverage from WIP to the fanatic. this makes the most sense to me because it's horrible timing for anything player related and the sixers just did the same thing.

man, wip is crashing and burning quick. Good

Not the best source maybe but cap geek has it listed as a 35+ contract.

thanks, its better then nothing. I wonder if they would try to appeal it (considering there was a fight on when he is done)? Even if he stays LTIR for the remainder of his contract the cap space isn't usable until the season starts.

I bet you are right. It was so weird that the Sixers jumped to the fanatic since wip had been running those commercials saying that they would be the first radio network ever to broadcast all 4 sports in fm.

t0mp

I guess that makes the most sense. let's hope it's something like that.

UberTag

We should rename this thread to a Flyers-GAF thread until their inevitable elimination when they face a team they don't match up well against (i.e. next round).

Cup Finals = Tumbleweed GAF

been away for a while. Hopefully isn't a repost.

YZs5s.jpg

Acid08

Banned
I don't really care who wins this series, I just want to see some good playoff hockey before the televised Ambien that will be on later tonight.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Holtby was terrible on the Kreider goal. Green had to rush back onto the ice after Wideman didn't jump on when he was supposed to.

Top Bottom