• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Curufinwe

Am I the only one that fucking hates white outs when the team the people in white are cheering for are actually not in white, but the opposing team is? Confusing for my wife to understand.

I hate them, too. They make the fans look retarded. Thank god Philly fans wear the home team's colors.

cube444

Since Phoenix is owned by NHL, can bettman hoist the cup if they win it all? That would be so hilarious to see him skating around celebrating with the cup over his head

He should. He's done a great job of surrounding Phoenix's 20 fans with fans he's flown in from Vancouver, Pittsburgh and Boston.

If Phoenix wins the cup in Phoenix, would it be the first time Bettman isn't booed by the fans during the presentation? Or would even they still boo him?

Since Phoenix is owned by NHL, can bettman hoist the cup if they win it all? That would be so hilarious to see him skating around celebrating with the cup over his head

the photoshops, my god

and the tshirts

Actually, I guess that means all 30 owners would get cup rings

EDIT: I guess, in a way, that would mean the season ended in a "draw". lol

Revenant

checks on score for the first time just now

tumblr_luzs7d43Ky1qep48x.gif

disappointed Preds.

The new CBA should state that no NHL venue is allowed to play Motley Crue after this season.

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GAME EVER. OVER. FUCKING. PLAYED. TO. ALL. HELL.

It's the new Pantera - Walk.

Stubo

Well, a big job to do in the home games, but keep your spirit up Sef, it's still very possible.

Edit: Going to sleep now, almost 4am here.

Puddles

Banned
Remember when the Kings were the 3rd seed, and I expressed shock that anyone would want to tank to 6th to draw the Kings instead of playing the Predators? And everyone replied like I was an idiot, and clearly the Predators were the team to avoid?

Feels good, man.

Quick

Banned
It made more sense when home teams wore white.

Pretty much, but I ain't even mad. If it's been a team tradition for ages, then why change? In Phoenix's case, it's taking it from Winnipeg (trollol). On the flipside, I love Calgary's Sea (C?) of Red and Nashville's Sea of Piss.

The Raptors tried their own red out when they played the Nets in the playoffs in 07. Nets trolled by wearing their red alternate jerseys.

Remember when the Kings were the 3rd seed, and I expressed shock that anyone would want to tank to 6th to draw the Kings instead of playing the Predators? And everyone replied like I was an idiot, and clearly the Predators were the team to avoid?

Feels good, man.

Pray tell how much Predators hockey you've actually watched up until now?

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
awoooooooooo

i think preds getting the matchups at home is gonna be huge. im just bummed about the breaks the yotes have gotten in the series, everything seems to be goin their way w/ the bounces. they're earning it though, never seen a forecheck that disrupts the preds this much. so many turnovers and pressure just leading to dumb plays from the preds

Cake Boss

Banned
Looking at Yotes roster, I still don't get how they are in the playoffs, let alone a 2-0 series lead in the 2nd round of playoffs. Tippet is a monster.

Looking at Yotes roster, I still don't get how they are in the playoffs, let alone a 2-0 series lead in the 2nd round of playoffs. Tippet is a monster.

I don't see how Tippet isn't a top 3 coach in the league. Just getting to the playoffs 3 years in a row while not having an owner should automatically make you the best. Now he wins the division and winning so far in the 2nd round.

now read this:
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7648264/nhl-coach-dave-tippett-helps-phoenix-coyotes-win-hard-times-espn-magazine

filler

Banned
Go Kings! Yes, I am a bandwagon fan, but I've been watching games here and there from these playoffs. Hockey is finally starting to make sense to me and I now rank it above baseball, but still below football and basketball.

Alucard

Banned
Kings vs. Flyers would be interesting for the Richards/Carter storyline.

What's up with Phoenix? Man. Please knock them out this round, sef.

preds are taking a page out of the sharks' playbook - you can't make beating the wings your 'stanley cup final' and then roll over the next round.

i expect a big effort in games 3 and 4.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Pretty much, but I ain't even mad. If it's been a team tradition for ages, then why change? In Phoenix's case, it's taking it from Winnipeg (trollol). On the flipside, I love Calgary's Sea (C?) of Red and Nashville's Sea of Piss.

The Raptors tried their own red out when they played the Nets in the playoffs in 07. Nets trolled by wearing their red alternate jerseys.

Eff the haters I loved the sea of red. People were stupid to think that led to the Nets winning the series. Oklahoma city did the same thing this year (a sea of blue) and the Mavs counted by wearing their traditional blue jerseys.

Leafs need to do a sea of green. All the fans just wave their money in the area and then MLSE swoops in and just vacuums up everything.

Top Bottom