• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Looking back at the Wrestlemania Weber' incident, there is just no way in hell he goes off without at least a game suspension. I personally think it should be at least 2 or 3 (considering it was the furthest thing from a hockey play... he was purely trying to hurt Zetterberg), but I still feel there'll be at least one game. Shanahan would get so much backlash if he didn't do anything about this, it would be ridiculous.

t0mp

I dont know how you cant cheer for the Flyers, got an awesome young team with a ton of talent.

Hartnell is fucking hilarious.
Giroux is so boss and has a sick flow
Bryz is more interesting than all of the leagues goalies put together
Jagr is a legend still playing
Briere is so clutch for such a small guy
Schenn, Couts and Voracek just beasted on the penguins even though it was their first playoffs.

The only player I cant stand on that team is Matt Read, just a scumbag.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

oh looks like it's resolved. <3 <3 <3 matt read <3 <3 <3

Looking back at the Wrestlemania Weber' incident, there is just no way in hell he goes off without at least a game suspension. I personally think it should be at least 2 or 3 (considering it was the furthest thing from a hockey play... he was purely trying to hurt Zetterberg), but I still feel there'll be at least one game. Shanahan would get so much backlash if he didn't do anything about this, it would be ridiculous.

Grab back of neck and slam head into wall should be a suspension every time.

t0mp

just saw bourdon is DTD with upper body injury. bring up gus!!

also, Kubina -> lilja, please. he gets the message that hes been playing like ass, so he'll come out like the big defenseman we traded for..

fuck. this is twice in 2 years we lose a guy with a sliced arm. helm was gonna be huge for the wings this playoff season :(

they have to be able to come up with some sort of sleeve to prevent this.

Wow that's awful; I didn't watch any of the first games last night, who else is out for you guys?

t0mp

fuck. this is twice in 2 years we lose a guy with a sliced arm. helm was gonna be huge for the wings this playoff season :(

yeah but that'd limit mobility. a lot of players don't even like to wear elbow pads and what not. I agree though.

ShaneB

Helm's injury makes me wonder what players must be thinking in terms of safety. I mean it's a traditional "tough guy" sport, but blah, come on guys. The majority don't wear visors or cages, they barely keep their helmets on their head, sticks and pucks flying all over the place, and these skate cutting injuries aren't exactly uncommon anymore. I remember when Phanuef got cut in the leg there was a bit about some fancy skin guard that protected against that stuff, I guess it's not exactly common yet.

Just caught your comment, like I mentioned, I'm sure I remember a bit about Phaneuf wearing a skin guard when he cut his leg, so I'm sure it's readily available if players so choose.

quebec_nordiques_logo.gif

FTFY.

Gonna be a long french class tonight.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for tonight's game. I'm hoping there's no dirty hits from either side or injuries. I think this year the team doesn't have as much to prove so I feel like the team will perform better without the excessive pressure on them for being one of the best regular season teams. The Capitals this year was hit or miss so I don't know how it will turn out.

Hey, Red Wings fans: The Shanahan jersey/poster/memorabilia burning will be two hours before Game 3 at the Joe parking lot. Just thought I'd mention that.

ShaneB

Criticize the league's favorite team and you get a fine that is 10x+ the amount of that.

Having an opinion is apparently not allowed in the NHL, but it's a tough sport, so crazy stuff can happen on the ice and it's not really a big deal unless players are hurt.

Montresor

So in retrospect what do people think of Rome's suspension last year? Wasn't being suspended for 4 playoff games ridiculously harsh, for what was essentially a late hit?

th3dude

Man, I completely disagree with that. You're basically saying that the players can do whatever they want in the playoffs. I know playoff hockey is physical, but that was not a hockey play. That was a 'I'm pissed off, so I'm going to grab your head and slam it into the wall'. That should not be tolerated.

$2,500 for Weber? That's an absolute joke. I'm sure that will stop him from choke slamming a mofo next time. You can basically do w/e you want in the playoffs it appears.

SpacLock

I guess that means we'll have Ericsson start slamming their faces into the glass for payback since it's just a small fine. Hopefully it will be that kind of series. I mean, face slamming is the new face wash.

Top Bottom