• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dan Tencer ‏ @dantencer Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Canucks goaltender Cory Schneider on Vancouver being Canada's most despised team: "Nobody cares about Edmonton so nobody hates them."

hahahaha
CP23j.gif

Red_Man

I really don't understand why Americans don't like hockey (generally speaking), it's obviously the greatest game.
Too busy explaining how American football is the real football.

Gonna go with Shaw and Ekman-Larrson for OT winners

Fixed1979

Because we can't claim it as our own game. We're only interested in shit that is 'ours'. It's just too bad that the shit that we have as 'our own' is so awful and boring.

But James Naismith though I suppose since he actually invented basketball on US soil it doesn't matter if he's Canadian. Hopefully they'll figure out hockey some day...

Not as big of a "youth sport." You generally won't play hockey growing up unless you look for it.
I can kind of understand that, though it seems that it's growing in the southern cities with NHL franchises, though I might just be getting that from a Bettman propaganda I watched.

Alright back to OT, so far so good.

It's totally a youth sport over here in Canada, that's hardly an argument. IF Americans liked it, it could easily be a youth sport.
I meant here as compared to soccer, football, baseball. You have to look hard to play hockey. It is a lot more expensive because of it. I played from hockey from about 8-16, finding different leagues/ places/ camps plus traveling to other rinks was what stopped me playing. It's not as easy to get in the sport, and keep playing like all the others in the States.

Tabris

How does Holtby get a penalty doing the same move as Thomas did against Henrik Sedin who didn't get a penalty.

CONSISTENCY FOR FUCK SAKE PLEASE!

Red_Man

Damn, can't say yotes didn't deserve it though, it will be great to have a team this competitive in Quebec next year.
Fuck your "Quebec will finally have a competitive team period" jokes!

Top Bottom