• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

MacAttack

Can someone link me to video of the Holtby roughing penalty? Can't find it and I'm not sure Pouliot had possession of the puck when he was hit.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Food for thought....

"Cool playoff stat. Since 1987, the team that wins Game 2, has a series win % of .703, regardless of who won GM 1."

C5HdN.jpg

preds having a laugh

rellix

24/7 is still up in the air for next year, is it not? New guy in charge at HBO has final say and there's no guarantee of another season.

I think the Red Wings have to win also. I think they'll be really beat down by the end of the series. Preds are being really physical with them.

Fixed1979

Bertuzzi having a laugh

Nice, I'll post something completely unrelated as well.

images

20120203-133040.jpg

The Rock having a laugh

Wendel Clark said:
http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indept...hy-041212.html

o_O

edit- wrong thread

Thanks for that I love Rex, the whole article is gold but I love this:

Rex Murphy said:
45 years out of the finals - longer than it took the trees to grow, that supplied them the wood, to make the hockey sticks, they don’t score with. Whole forests have been felled for no real reason.

You apologize after 2 or 3 losses, or even 5 or 6. You do not apologize for a 45-year losing streak. You go into exile, or take up ping-pong, or selling vacuum cleaners. In other words you leave the scene of the country’s worst sport’s crime.

Fixed1979

Related as in I hope he punches Weber in the back of the head. Are you new to hockey? First year?

Ahh I misinterpreted your post, I guess I don't know the team allegiances here well enough. I took from it that the Wings are no better than the Preds because Bert didn't give a shit about Moore and laughed about it later(which obviously isn't true) not that "It's payback time". My apologies, carry on.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry guys, I found that egregious roughing call on Holtby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9lf0j1Y5jQc#t=60s

So how does this play compare to Thomas last season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPqT5OJaoDQ

Holtby hits a guy above the shoulders and without the puck.

Thomas hits a guy in possession of the puck in the chest.

waaammbulance.gif

He's just defending the crease. If he gets called for doing that how come Lucic cross checking Chimera from behind and knocking him down and taking out Thomas not get a penalty called?

Fixed1979

Backup goalie slams Edmonton, niiceeeee.

I'm sure it's old news but while searching for a bit more info on this (reactions and whatnot) I came across Brittany Carnegie's twitter rant. Classic.

tumblr_m1sqxy6Nnm1qd9qzjo1_500-1.jpg

Not sure how I missed it the first time round, some people should just stay a little quieter.

MacAttack

He's just defending the crease. If he gets called for doing that how come Lucic cross checking Chimera from behind and knocking him down and taking out Thomas not get a penalty called?

The play that everyone was crying about is the Sedin hit from last year's finals. Thats what I was referencing here and is probably a more apt comparison than the hit you're bringing up. Show me some video of the hit and we can talk about it if you want to change the argument.

re: Krejci missing practice.

Lets not forget that Krejci is dealing with a slash to the mouth last night and possible stitches that could also have accounted for his absence today.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
A new Angus Reid Public Opinion poll conducted in partnership with Maclean’s has found that Toronto—not Vancouver—is the country’s most hated hockey team.

jqBphJk3X1O1Q.png

Also at the link: 40% of Canadians have a favourable opinion of Don Cherry. Only 19% in Quebec.

I wonder if this will quiet the bitter Toronto hockey media.

Probably not.

Actually had time to sit down and read through it, despite the hate let's see what it also says:

Among fans of the game, almost a quarter of the country, 24 per cent, name the Leafs their favourite team, followed by the Habs, with 21 per cent of the votes, and the Canucks, at 18 per cent. The Oilers, rounding out the list, come in with 13 per cent of votes.

So as usual Love/Hate relationship baybeee!

Don't worry guys, I found that egregious roughing call on Holtby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9lf0j1Y5jQc#t=60s

So how does this play compare to Thomas last season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPqT5OJaoDQ

Holtby hits a guy above the shoulders and without the puck.

Thomas hits a guy in the chest with possession of the puck.

waaammbulance.gif
Yeah, but Thomas is a racist pig.

I think every post about Tim Thomas should be answered this way.

ShaneB

I don't think there's been a series in recent memory I've cared less about than the Panthers and Devils. Well, I shouldn't say that, it would be neat to see the Panthers win I guess. Or maybe I'm just trying to fool myself into thinking that.

Snaku

Banned
I don't think there's been a series in recent memory I've cared less about than the Panthers and Devils. Well, I shouldn't say that, it would be neat to see the Panthers win I guess. Or maybe I'm just trying to fool myself into thinking that.

The Devils just suck excitement and joy out of everything. They're some vile nihilistic void on skates.

Cake Boss

Banned
The Devils just suck excitement and joy out of everything. They're some vile nihilistic void on skates.

Agreed, I always try to watch all of my team's 82 games except when they play the devils, I usually just avoid those games and do something else.

Top Bottom