• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

LOL they are every bit as bad now as they were then. The only difference is the NHL actually enforces the rules more so the Devils are forced to play the bare minimum amount of hockey.

I dunno, they play their best forwards during PK's and ended up scoring the most short handed goals as a team. I think they might even set a record this year.

I don't see Lemaire ever doing that.

Snaku

Banned
This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs.

Fuck you Jersey.

UberTag

This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs. This won't be a repeat of the 2000 playoffs.

Fuck you Jersey.
That sounds more like something Rainbow Dash would say.
Fluttershy doesn't tend to repeat herself.

Fuck you Jersey.
We're more than Bure-n-friends this time. Just need to stick the tean's stengths and the Cats should be fine.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No, I didn't mean "butt fuck" as in beating them badly, but as in actual anal intercourse. Not even a hockey game.

LOL...I think that's a $2500 fine from the league.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, it's pretty bizarre seeing the media cover the bad offside call (so many people here have been saying "offsides" and I'll never understand why) and completely ignore the equally terrible icing call.

Actually had time to sit down and read through it, despite the hate let's see what it also says:

So as usual Love/Hate relationship baybeee!
Well... those people... are the fans of the respective teams. :p

Cat Party

Has this made it into this thread yet:

tumblingkesler.gif

UberTag

there's a black man in the White House
Oh, come on. He doesn't always look sad.

Tim+Thomas+NHL+Awards+Show+lYKT4LXEcdBl.jpg
This line of discussion makes me smile.
Incidentally, I was wearing my new Tim Thomas jersey last night proudly as the Bruins won in OT.

Timmy makes his long awaited trip to the nation's capital this Monday.
Perhaps Obama will be in the crowd. Or perhaps Timmy will elect not to travel with his team and Khudobin will start in his place. Who can say?

This line of discussion makes me smile.
Incidentally, I was wearing my new Tim Thomas jersey last night proudly as the Bruins won in OT.

Timmy makes his long awaited trip to the nation's capital this Monday.
Perhaps Obama will be in the crowd. Or perhaps Timmy will elect not to travel with his team and Khudobin will start in his place. Who can say?

I some how highly doubt Obama would attend a Capitals game.

Revenant

I thought you guys were going to win in OT. Then you started playing like it was the 2nd period again.

in all honesty I kind of expected that type of game. Hawks are awful in game 1 of playoff series I think marvie pointed out we're 3-6 in game 1. Not to take away from the yotes though. They play a solid game and they're going to bring it and make this a tough series. Vrbata being out makes things interesting going forward too if he's not back or playing hurt.

Ra\/en

I'm happy for Florida fans. It's been a dark decade for them. Hope the panthers do well tonight.

And Vancouver? I just hope they play with grit and passion. Forget the diving.

I wonder if the refs would let them get away with it during the game without a delay of game penalty. I'm sure they don't want to encourage a rash of Rat Delays.
I don't want that chance. I'm worried about some NJ fans trying to draw those penalties by throwing rats :/

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Razorskin

----- ------
Nothing says Panthers playoff hockey like a fat guy putting his bare ass on the ice.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_hockey_panthers/2012/04/butt-crack-fan-returns-to-give-panthers-luck-on-friday-the-13th.html
During the Panthers run to the Stanley Cup finals in 1996, “Paul & Young Ron Show” sidekick ‘Omelette’ was on the ice during intermission of the first home game at the Miami Arena, throwing t-shirts into the crowd. He slipped and fell, ripping his pants, and his exposed buttocks touched the ice. The Panthers went on to win, so Paul and Young Ron, of course, took credit for the victory, stating that Omelette’s “Lucky Butt” was the reason. Being superstitious sports fans, they didn’t want to jinx the team, so the “Butt” had to hit the ice before each home game. A fan of the show created a pair of jeans with breakaway “butt flaps”, fastened to the jeans with velcro, and the Panthers, fueled by Omelette’s Lucky Butt, went on one heck of a tear. When it came time for the Stanley Cup finals, team management put the kibosh
on the butt, and the Panthers were swept in four by Colorado. Fast forward to now.
Today is Friday the 13th and Florida plays the Devils! Think we need some luck? Omelette, now with WKLT in Traverse City, Michigan, is being flown in courtesy of ‘Charlie,’ a fan of the radio show and the Panthers. Thanks to Charlie and Randy Moeller and Matt Sacco of the Panthers organization, the Lucky Butt returns and will hit the ice before warmups.

Paul Castronovo: “Before the puck drops, Omelette’s drawers will, hopefully
propelling the Panthers to another historic run.”

“Young” Ron Brewer: “The lucky butt returns, but this time he wears a pair of size 36 breakaway blue jeans, as opposed to the 32s he wore in ‘96. The bigger the butt, the bigger the victory, we hope.”

ShaneB

Well shows how much I pay attention to anything Panther related. Versteeg is on OTR, that hair! My goodness. edit: needs to get his playoff beard going and he'll be a viking.

Top Bottom