• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
596680-gif_bane_1_and_here_we_go.gif

NwuDh.gif

Let's do this.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
In addition to the rules stated in the OP, the following rules also apply to the Sim League:
Games will NOT be playable. This league is sim only.

So simmed only? I'm happy to see that.

Or was the discussion in the other thread about the versus league only anyway? I'm slightly confused now.

Red_Man

Yea, first one is completely SIMed, no pvp whatsoever, if people want to play each other with their teams they can join the Versus league that I'll be commissioning. Important to note that if you join the Versus league you aren't responsible for playing 82 games, it just gives us the option to play each others. It is expected though if you are to join it you will be playing a bit.

Smiley90

If I can join the Versus league ADDITIONALLY to the simmed league (so glad that was a misunderstanding, I thought you guys wanted to introduce PvP playoffs to the Simmed league..), then I'll join them as... mhmm... which logo is alright with me... I'll take Tampa! But only if I can be in both :p If not, disregard.

Well if you don't get enough for the versus league, I will totally join that league as well, I'm pretty good playing versus, but time constraints and the number of people in the sim league make it more appealing at the moment.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh hey guys! Where my PS3 people at?

Anyone?

...anyone?

......hello?
There's a few people interested in a PS3 league so far:

PLAYSTATION 3

Code:
EASTERN CONFERENCE                                       WESTERN CONFERENCE

[B]Atlantic[/B]                                                 [B]Central[/B]

New Jersey -                                             Chicago - 
New York Islanders -                                     Columbus - 
New York Rangers -                                       Detroit - 
Philadelphia -                                           Nashville - 
Pittsburgh -                                             St. Louis - 

[B]Northeast[/B]                                                [B]Northwest[/B]

Boston -                                                 Calgary - 
Buffalo -                                                Colorado - 
Montreal -                                               Edmonton - 
Ottawa -                                                 Minnesota - 
Toronto -                                                Vancouver - NetMapel

[B]Southeast[/B]                                                [B]Pacific[/B]

Carolina -                                               Anaheim - 
Florida - Dubbedinenglish                                Dallas - 
Tampa Bay -                                              Los Angeles - 
Washington -                                             Quebec City - 
Winnipeg -                                               San Jose - Acid08

I'm guessing there will be quite a few more joining in the next month or so. What team do you want?

Well if you don't get enough for the versus league, I will totally join that league as well, I'm pretty good playing versus, but time constraints and the number of people in the sim league make it more appealing at the moment.
Everyone was put in the sim league by default. That's why the numbers are so lopsided right now.

take me out of the SIM league (Blues) and I'll take the Blues in the VS league

salute to Legit and BigJonsson for playing the game like real men and not letting the CPU make up for your deficiencies on the sticks

Revenant

I'll join on on the versus league if there are open spots closer to the end. sticking with sim league for now.

mind moving me over to the hawks for the sim league marvie?

Smiley90

Mhmmm mind moving me over to the Blue Jackets for the simmed league too? I like their logo better than Edmonton's, and now that we're randomizing that's really all that matters... :D

"Marvie to bench Datsyuk and force him into early retirement. (e5)"

You would too. Eh, word is that this could be his last NHL contract as his daughter is in Europe and he had said a long time ago he wanted to finish his career in Russia. So that would mean only 2 (probably 1 with the lockout) years of Datsyuk left. ;_;

Smiley90

So in the sim league, I already can't win the Cup? :(

10th place sure is nice.

Teams are randomized, so you won't actually have Toronto players, lucky you!

Your chances are bound to be higher.

Marvie_3

Banned
You would too. Eh, word is that this could be his last NHL contract as his daughter is in Europe and he had said a long time ago he wanted to finish his career in Russia. So that would mean only 2 (probably 1 with the lockout) years of Datsyuk left. ;_;
This would be hilarious. As much as I love watching Datsyuk play, watching Detroit and Columbus slug it out for last place in the division would be even better to watch.

Teams are randomized, so you won't actually have Toronto players, lucky you!

Your chances are bound to be higher.

He is still using Toronto......

He'll win every Cup. :(

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I can't wait for GM Connected trade rumors to start popping up.

"I'm hearing Sef is considering trading Weber to Marvie for five 7th round draft picks and a piece of candy"

toblerone isnt just some 'piece of candy'. serious business.

This would be hilarious. As much as I love watching Datsyuk play, watching Detroit and Columbus slug it out for last place in the division would be even better to watch.

He is still using Toronto......

He'll win every Cup. :(

It's not funny :( (you'll be joining us eventually!!!)

toblerone isnt just some 'piece of candy'. serious business.

My family had won one of those giant toblerone 14 ounce bars a long time ago (it was around a foot long), can't remember what it even taste like but that thing was huge.

Smiley90

How does randomizing work and why not do a fantasy draft?

There is no official fantasy draft ingame, so we'd have to do it offline, plus doing a fantasy draft for full teams (and maybe farmteams as well?) with 30 people would take FOREVER.

And randomizing works... well, I'd assume (I don't think that info is out there? or is it?) the game lists players based on overall&trade value&age&position and then randomly creates roughly equal teams so that all teams get a similar overall rating and some stud prospects... At least that's how I hope it works.

Red_Man

By the time we would finish an offline fantasy draft, the lockout would be over.

Tabris

You mean the Sedins may be seperated?! We should have a rule that whoever has a Sedin needs to do whatever they can to reunite them.

Top Bottom