• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You mean the Sedins may be seperated?! We should have a rule that whoever has a Sedin needs to do whatever they can to reunite them.

The Sedins most likely WILL be separated. It will be painful.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't think anyone besides Nucks fans care too much about the Sedins not being together.

No idea.......depends how many teams we get?

Do we play against the AI at all?
Do we only play other players?
What happens if one side wants to play and the other doesn't or schedules don't match up?

Red_Man

Any ideas on Versus League scheduling yet?
Still need to see how many people we can get.
No idea.......depends how many teams we get?

Do we play against the AI at all?
Do we only play other players?
What happens if one side wants to play and the other doesn't or schedules don't match up?
We will definitely be SIMing some games as I doubt most people will have time to play full schedules, but it would be nice if people were able to play 30-40 games? I don't know if that's too much or too little to ask. Like Marvie said in the OP only PvP, no PvAI to keep it fair, and if we have enough people who are willing to play a bunch of games then hopefully scheduling issues should be easily managed.

I'm writing two finals today and tomorrow, but after that I can focus more on it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Still need to see how many people we can get.

We will definitely be SIMing some games as I doubt most people will have time to play full schedules, but it would be nice if people were able to play 30-40 games? I don't know if that's too much or too little to ask. Like Marvie said in the OP only PvP, no PvAI to keep it fair, and if we have enough people who are willing to play a bunch of games then hopefully scheduling issues should be easily managed.

I'm writing two finals today and tomorrow, but after that I can focus more on it.

30-40 games over 3-4 months maybe?

My only problem with the versus league is how slow it is going to be, I kinda want to get through as many seasons as possible thus giving us more cup winners and more time for our teams to make different changes and what not.

as far as the versus league, I don't think its a good idea to play the A.I., if you wanna play every game, play offline GM Mode. I'd say playing only (Human vs Human) is the way to go.

If we can get a good 10-15 teams picked and cap it there that shouldn't be that many (Human vs Human) games to be played per season which should move along things as well as letting us make our mark on the season with our stick skills.

Also, just a thought, but another idea is to open it up to 2 players on a team to help out with schedules and availability, both would not play at the same time though. It would stay (1 v 1) Not sure what the reaction would be to that or if that's possible without making the one guy playing lock as one position though.

Stat!

Teams are randomized, so you won't actually have Toronto players, lucky you!

Your chances are bound to be higher.

That's good.

Actually, Toronto has, I found, in NHL games always been one of the better teams with their ratings. They don't have highly rated players but have always had depth. And guys like Komisarek were given 84 overall ratings.

It'll be curious this year with rumours of ratings being more spread-out (Which is a good thing).

For the sim league, are we going to be simming once every few days to get through multiple seasons?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
as far as the versus league, I don't think its a good idea to play the A.I., if you wanna play every game, play offline GM Mode. I'd say playing only (Human vs Human) is the way to go.

If we can get a good 10-15 teams picked and cap it there that shouldn't be that many (Human vs Human) games to be played per season which should move along things as well as letting us make our mark on the season with our stick skills.

Also, just a thought, but another idea is to open it up to 2 players on a team to help out with schedules and availability, both would not play at the same time though. It would stay (1 v 1) Not sure what the reaction would be to that or if that's possible without making the one guy playing lock as one position though.

The two players on a team is not bad idea if there are enough players for it.

Edit: Also, put me as the Flames in the VS league for now.

Red_Man

I think having 2 people on 1 team is a fine option, I personally don't want to split with another person, but if there are two people out there who want to team up just post in here.

Smiley90

Wait I thought I was the Capitals? Sim league? Playing our games is the whole point!

Then move to the versus league :p

That's good.

Actually, Toronto has, I found, in NHL games always been one of the better teams with their ratings. They don't have highly rated players but have always had depth. And guys like Komisarek were given 84 overall ratings.

It'll be curious this year with rumours of ratings being more spread-out (Which is a good thing).

For the sim league, are we going to be simming once every few days to get through multiple seasons?

I think preliminary judgement was 1 month per season or so (3 days per month of regular season = 3 weeks, then 2 weeks for playoffs or so, ask Marvie :p), exactly so we get through a lot of seasons and get a lot of action/changes/retirements/drafts/resignings.

? do tell

we aren't playing with real teams, the rosters will be randomized at the start of the 1st season, sort of like a forced fantasy draft since they failed to include that option.

This way people don't cry when they cant pick their favorite team and to "put everyone on a level playing field"

...unless Red_Man decides to change the rules

Red_Man

It's the only way, if people feel like spending 3 weeks doing their own offline fantasy draft, they can go start their own league. Playing with what EA has given us. I think it'll be cool anyways for people to make up their own teams and such, adds another interesting element to the game. Alo like Viz said, it starts everyone off on a level playing field.

LukeSmith

I think I misunderstood the intent of the leagues. To me, Sim meant, totally real 82 game schedule, full playoff series and full GM responsibilities in addition to playing all of my games.

So I am going to bow out! Enjoy boyos

LiveWire

I think I misunderstood the intent of the leagues. To me, Sim meant, totally real 82 game schedule, full playoff series and full GM responsibilities in addition to playing all of my games.

Same here. I'll see the rest of NHL GAF in the EASHL Madden GAF vs NHL GAF Showdown...

It's the only way, if people feel like spending 3 weeks doing their own offline fantasy draft, they can go start their own league. Playing with what EA has given us. I think it'll be cool anyways for people to make up their own teams and such, adds another interesting element to the game. Alo like Viz said, it starts everyone off on a level playing field.

I think part of the problem here is people are/were confused. You guys started this whole claim your team thing waaaaaaaay too early before we even had details and now like you see, people are bowing because things aren't clear.

Honestly I think the first thing you need to do is split this thread into 2 and clearly state what is going on in each and let people provide some input on the setup (if there will indeed be 2 leagues when all the dust clears), because both sides of this SIM and VS don't seem to know what they are getting into right now.

Other leagues (FIFA, Madden, NCAA) usually make "interest threads" where things like all this are sorted out beforehand, before everything official is locked in. You guys might be going too fast laying out all this without thinking it through.

Well if that is the case, Marvie, switch me over to Detroit so I can have their jerseys!!!

Kinda sucks people are bowing out but it would take way to long to play every single game if we want to get multiple seasons in and what not.

Red_Man

I don't mind splitting up the thread, I didn't think the OP was confusing, especially where is says that the SIM league will not have any PVP.... but it will get cluttered with both leagues posting in here. Might as well wait until we get closer to separate though.

I don't mind splitting up the thread, I didn't think the OP was confusing, especially where is says that the SIM league will not have any PVP.... but it will get cluttered with both leagues posting in here. Might as well wait until we get closer to separate though.

the confusing part is how everyone was thrown into a SIM only league without notice.

I personally expected when they announced an online Be-A-GM mode/Franchise mode and people seemed interested that we were signing up to play "games" not some alternative to a text-sim that armchair GM's could use to stoke their ego's about how your 4th rd pick in 2020 has progressed. Seems like buying the game to just do that is a waste of money.

Red_Man

I think that was the original plan, but others wanted a SIM only league. Should be fairly clear now, you want to play with your team join the versus team. If you want to jerk off to your 5th round pick in 2032 go to the SIM league. Waiting to get more people, and to see how many games people feel like playing in the VS league.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think that was the original plan, but others wanted a SIM only league. Should be fairly clear now, you want to play with your team join the versus team. If you want to jerk off to your 5th round pick in 2032 go to the SIM league. Waiting to get more people, and to see how many games people feel like playing in the VS league.
It's all about the 3rd round pick in 2037.

iRO3swcqcURR9.gif

Smiley90

the confusing part is how everyone was thrown into a SIM only league without notice.

I personally expected when they announced an online Be-A-GM mode/Franchise mode and people seemed interested that we were signing up to play "games" not some alternative to a text-sim that armchair GM's could use to stoke their ego's about how your 4th rd pick in 2020 has progressed. Seems like buying the game to just do that is a waste of money.

Speak for yourself, but thanks for the judgement.

I'll be looking forward to the armchair GM league, so we can see who's the best GM, not who can make up for lacking managerial skills with NHL franchise playing experience! Also, I like Manager Games in general.

Also, not everyone has the time to spend 2h daily on gaming without multitasking.

Smiley90

This is pretty funny / ironic after you were talking about GW2 in the other thread...

well, for GW2 i can always pause it and put it aside to e.g. read sth or do other things online. Or I can just not play at all for a week or two when I have to study, there's no subscription fee I might be losing out on. Or go out when I want to and not play.

If we have playoffs going on though, I'm supposed to be on from time x to y and play, without having the chance to pause or do sth else? And not to mention multiple games over multiple nights....

Also, if you didn't notice, I mentioned like... 4 times that I want to join the versus league, but Marvie isn't letting people sign up for both (apart from yourself, since you're commissioning), so it's not like I'm chickening out or anything. I WANT to join both, I'm just saying why simming might appeal to people more.

Marvie_3

Banned
well, for GW2 i can always pause it and put it aside to e.g. read sth or do other things online. Or I can just not play at all for a week or two when I have to study, there's no subscription fee I might be losing out on. Or go out when I want to and not play.

If we have playoffs going on though, I'm supposed to be on from time x to y and play, without having the chance to pause or do sth else? And not to mention multiple games over multiple nights....

Also, if you didn't notice, I mentioned like... 4 times that I want to join the versus league, but Marvie isn't letting people sign up for both (apart from yourself, since you're commissioning), so it's not like I'm chickening out or anything. I WANT to join both, I'm just saying why simming might appeal to people more.
Not until the game is out. If there's open spots then, it's fair game.

Any particular reason I got moved out of the sim league?

edit: Ah, fuck. You should bold that in the OP. Wouldn't have moved then. I guess put me on some random team in the sim league, then. I'd rather do that.

Smiley90

If the VS league doesn't pan out can I get back in the sim league....... =/

If I were you, I'd just stay in the SIM league to make sure you have a spot, and then when the game comes out and Marvie allows double participation also sign up for the VS league? ;)

Also I REALLY hope we get a full SIM league, because if we have e.g. 2 AI teams those can get majorly fleeced and exploited, while human-human trades that are fleecings are alright. :p

If I were you, I'd just stay in the SIM league to make sure you have a spot, and then when the game comes out and Marvie allows double participation also sign up for the VS league? ;)

Also I REALLY hope we get a full SIM league, because if we have e.g. 2 AI teams those can get majorly fleeced and exploited, while human-human trades that are fleecings are alright. :p

Too late, I already lost my team in the sim league

I'll see what teams are left later on I guess

Smiley90

Too late, I already lost my team in the sim league

I'll see what teams are left later on I guess

Well we're randomizing rosters anyway, so really all you get is a name and a logo... Just pick another team? And then you can either add yourself to the VS League once it's possible or even switch over completely if you see the VS league filling up. Shouldn't be a big deal. Better than missing out on both if for some reason the VS league isn't happening and the SIM league is full... ;)

Well we're randomizing rosters anyway, so really all you get is a name and a logo... Just pick another team? And then you can either add yourself to the VS League once it's possible or even switch over completely if you see the VS league filling up. Shouldn't be a big deal. Better than missing out on both if for some reason the VS league isn't happening and the SIM league is full... ;)

I know, I know :p

I'm not a noob

Top Bottom