• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 14 GM Connected League Thread (360)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I got most of my FA's by simple offering them like 25% more than they asked for, same term :lolol

Nobody wants to come to Tampa. Everybody wants to come to Columbus. Clearly.
I legit doubled some salary requests and gave them like 2 extra years and I'm still getting turned down. I don't get it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Any teams making a playoff push, my entire roster is up for trades. Looking for prospects/picks/expiring contracts.

I sent you a trade for Halak.

Also, it's the trade deadline, so I won't be simming tonight! Get your trades in while you can.

Smiley90

He's not offering anything, I'm trying to get him to bite on an offer...

Any chance you'll part with one of your young defencemen?

Define who. Schultz and Gardiner are off-limits unless you REALLY wow me. I mostly just wanted an upgrade on my goalie for this year, and I have a younger prospect for once Halak is gone. And I figured Reimer will be a good deal for next year, once Brodeur's gone.

OAK35

Neo Member
Put in a crapload of trades. If only I could see what I offered in the past....Hey Smiley, if my Skinner trade doesn't go through go for my other trades but I'd love it if you put that one at the top of your list. Thanks.

Smiley90

Mac got rid of Brad Richards? and you retained an amazing... 20k a year? LOL. was that on purpose? :D

I accepted everything except the Skinner trade. That one was way too unreasonable, sorry. :p

MacAttack

Mac got rid of Brad Richards? and you retained an amazing... 20k a year? LOL. was that on purpose? :D

I accepted everything except the Skinner trade. That one was way too unreasonable, sorry. :p

I didn't intentionally keep any of his salary, maybe I accidentally moved the slider on the iphone app before submitting.

Aside from the term, Richards should be able to help Orca in the playoffs, giving him some much needed depth at center.

Orca

I didn't intentionally keep any of his salary, maybe I accidentally moved the slider on the iphone app before submitting.

Aside from the term, Richards should be able to help Orca in the playoffs, giving him some much needed depth at center.

Yeah I kind of wondered about that salary keep as well. I didn't realize you could even keep that little salary back lol

And yeah, I needed some help in the middle. If the prospects pan out that's a problem that won't stick around, but it would hurt my run this year.

Smiley90

Last sim before the playoffs start tomorrow!

... I have no idea how they'll be structured after the realignment, so I'll be as surprised as anyone lol.

Looks like the Jets are far and wide the best team of the regular season. I'm happy with 1st in the East.

Also as a reminder, since everyone's allowed to play up to 5 non-playoff games themselves, if you wanna give your team for this season a try, now's the time!

Smiley90

PLAYOFF TIME

... okay, how do I do this. it's weird.

Western Conference

Pacific

Vancouver (1) - Anaheim (4)
Calgary (2) - Edmonton (3)

Central

Winnipeg (1) - Nashville (4)
Dallas (2) - St. Louis (3)

Eastern Conference

Atlantic

Tampa (1) - Carolina (4) (why is Carolina in the Atlantic playoffs? -shrugs-)
Detroit (2) - Boston (3)

Metropolitan

Philly (1) - NJ (4)
Columbus (2) - Pittsburgh (3)

Red_Man

Surprised Tampa even made the playoffs. Hopefully my younger players get bumped up over the off season, I have a shit load of cap space to unload on some attractive UFA's.

Smiley90

Sedin, Ryan are available
Mac is halak a fa?

I might be interested in a swap between one of Hall/Kane and Ryan... since Ryan's a RW and Hall and Kane are both LW's.

I have WAY too many RW's though. My 2nd&3rd line wingers are all RW's, so I'll want to trade for the other wing, if possible.

I also need an upgrade on goalie...

Honestly my team sucks bad. I want to retool completely. Msg me a package of draft picks/rookies/depth players
I'll see if I like anything

Smiley, which Kane?

Smiley90

Oh btw: draft priority list is available now too. Quite a few 4.5star players. Sad that it still gives you the actual ratings instead of leaving you with uncertainty, but w/e.

RESULTS

Vancouver 4 - 3 Anaheim
Calgary 4 - 1 Edmonton

Winnipeg 2 - 4 Nashville
Dallas 3 - 4 St. Louis

Tampa 4 - 1 Carolina
Detroit 2 - 4 Boston

Philly 4 - 2 New Jersey
Columbus 4 - 2 Pittsburgh

Schedule:

Western conference:

Vancouver (1) - Calgary (2)
St. Louis (3) - Nashville (4)

Eastern conference:

Tampa (1) - Boston (3)
Philly (1) - Columbus (2)

IT IS ON ZOD.

Red_Man

Oh shit, Tampa VS Boston this is like crossing the streams with the regular season Mac....hopefully my team can beat the Bruins in virtual hockey at least. Not sure how I made it this far, my bottom 9 is very average.

Red_Man

You said were allowed to play our playoff games Smiley? I'm down to play some tonight if you want Mac, or just let it sim

Smiley90

You said were allowed to play our playoff games Smiley? I'm down to play some tonight if you want Mac, or just let it sim

If you guys wanna play each other, feel free. Only regular season games against the AI though, no playoff games against the AI though, that'd take away from the gm goal of the mode. Just let me know, so I don't sim before you're done.

Red_Man

Alright, I'll be on all night Mac if you're down, if he doesn't respond then just sim it like normal Smiley.

Smiley90

Round simmed!

Results:

Vancouver 3 - 4 Calgary
St. Louis 3 - 4 Nashville

Tampa 4 - 1 Boston
Philly 0 - 4 Columbus

Conference Finals:

Calgary - Nashville

Tampa - Columbus

Red, you're next.

Red_Man

:lol :lol I'm missing Benn and my entire top 9 is full of 78's and a couple 80's.....must be the combined power of Schneider and Peitrangelo pushing me through these rounds. I don't fell bad about giving up my 1st rounder anymore.

Go Lumbus!!!

I don't know if its just me, but the goalies are shit in this game. I play against my bro all the time and the goalies keep giving up stupid goals. frustrating as hell

Red_Man

Go Lumbus!!!

I don't know if its just me, but the goalies are shit in this game. I play against my bro all the time and the goalies keep giving up stupid goals. frustrating as hell
they're just really inconsistent, they make a ridiculous save on a 2 on 1 then let in some shitty slapper from the boards. EA Sports.

Shit, wish I had seen this, I would have been down. :/
I saw you get online but you didn't say anything so I just assumed you didn't want to play lol

Smiley90

Boo Red. :(

RESULTS

Calgary 4 - 3 Nashville
Columbus 0 - 4 Tampa

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Calgary - Tampa

Also just a reminder, set your draft priority list! I will sim the Stanley Cup final AND the draft tonight, so the resigning stage will begin tomorrow and will go for 3 days/3 opportunities for you to resign your players, before free agency starts.

Red_Man

So jokes, I was at .500 hockey for the majority of the season. I'll take it though.

Smiley90

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR... Calgary Flames? What? ... AI FTW!

3/4 teams in the conference finals were user controlled, the lone AI team wins :lol

Also, the draft and player growths happened! So check those out.

Apparently I was able to draft a 4.5star (red) prospect with my late pick. Awwww yiss nobody did draft priority changes. :p

Resigning stage is on now! You'll have three sim periods to resign the players you want and put in QO's for your RFA's. Good luck!

Red_Man

Bullshit. Fuck you Calgary. Time to lock up some of these UFAs...Drouin didn't progress much though =/

Smiley90

Bullshit. Fuck you Calgary. Time to lock up some of these UFAs...Drouin didn't progress much though =/

Murray is now an 82, as well as Schultz and Gardiner. Three young 4.5star defensemen -nicholsonyes.gif-

And i drafted another 4.5star dman :lol

... I'm willing to part with 1-2 of them for a 4.5star Center prospect/legit 1C. Thornton isn't gonna last forever. I'm scared of the contract he's asking for...

Red_Man

Murray is now an 82, as well as Schultz and Gardiner. Three young 4.5star defensemen -nicholsonyes.gif-

And i drafted another 4.5star dman :lol

... I'm willing to part with 1-2 of them for a 4.5star Center prospect/legit 1C. Thornton isn't gonna last forever. I'm scared of the contract he's asking for...
Hmmm that's tempting, I have both Benn and Huberdeau, Benn is 88 and Huberdeau is 86. Benn didn't do well at C though, so I'll probably move him on Huberdeau's wing this upcoming season.

Smiley90

ALL my players are only asking for 1 years deals. It's weirding me out. Even gardiner, who's now an 82ovr 4.5star, wants a 1mio 1 year deal. What's up with that EA lol.

Top Bottom