• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 14 GM Connected League Thread (360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Signed Gardiner to an 8 year contract for <4 mio, awwwwww yiss.

Meanwhile Teubert, also 82ovr but 24 and a 4star, is asking for >5 mio once i increase contract length. NOPE.

Also humble Reimer signed to a cheap 4 years. Now I just need an actual starter...

Smiley90

Servers went down before I got to sim, woops. Will sim tomorrow, sorry. Some people didn't put any offers in yet, I'll send out PM's to those that won't have sent any offers in after tomorrow's sim.

MacAttack

I dropped from the league.

I didn't set my draft priority and the CPU drafted a Goalie with my first round pick and I already have Subban who is a 4.5 star player. Its my fault, but the rest of my team is so shitty that I don't want to even attempt a rebuild with this team.

Smiley90

I didn't have time to check who did/didn't resign players yet, so I'm going to check that later today and send out PM's to those that haven't.

If they wish so/don't respond, I will temporarily drop them from the league so the AI can resign players for them. They can then rejoin anytime they want and not have their team screwed over.

I simmed last night, so you have until tomorrow to resign your players before free agency starts.

Smiley90

Alright, Philly (Zod), Nashville (Milly), Oilers (Orca) and Sens (Cakeboss) haven't resigned anyone yet. Sent Zod and Cakeboss PM's and Milly an xbox live message.

Orca is banned... I wonder if he still checks this... I don't remember his xbox live nick, damn. Should have sent him an xbox live message too.

Last resigning sim tomorrow!

Smiley90

Nashville/Milly left voluntarily, Orca/Oilers didn't resign anyone despite telling me they would, both cake boss and Zod haven't responded and haven't resigned anyone, so all four were temporarily dropped from the league so the AI could resign some players.

Feel free to join back anytime!

Free agency starts NOW. There will again be three nights to try and sign whoever you want/can, before the season starts. Good luck!

EDIT: looks like the AI isn't actually capable of signing anyone on the last day. Welp. I'll keep that in mind for next time. As it stands, oilers, senators and flyers didn't resign anyone. So if you wonder why this free agent class has some amazing players in it: that's why. Zod, cake boss, orca, if I you want to rejoin you're probably better of picking another team. Next time please respond to my messages and/or read this thread...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How many GM's are left? Not going to be very fun if only like 5 guys are playing

Smiley90

Would love to join as the Wild. Sent you a PM about it too, Smiley. Thanks! gt is dfa records.

You're in! You're missing out on the first day of free agency, but there should still be some good ones out there once i'm done simming.

Simming now!

Smiley90

Kessel accepted my offer :D My top 6 is pretty sick now

SOB.

I wanted Miller. :( I still need a starting goalie, Reimer sucks. :( Also wanted Michalek for my 2nd line... -sigh-

On the bright side, I got a LOT of prospects :lol

Red_Man

SOB.

I wanted Miller. :( I still need a starting goalie, Reimer sucks. :( Also wanted Michalek for my 2nd line... -sigh-

On the bright side, I got a LOT of prospects :lol
I had to overpay him quite a bit, but my top 6 is disgusting now. I'll be in cap trouble after next season, hopefully I can get a cup this upcoming season.

Wow, my Wild team is absolute junk. Got me some Coyle and Dumba at least. Gonna really have to rebuild through a trade or two after Free Agency I guess. Oh well.

OAK35

Neo Member
Haha, I wonder how much you offered to Kessel? I was overpaying by about 2 mill. (Stopped at 8.5). Dang it.

Smiley90

Okay I have a TON of defensemen/d-prospects to trade away for forward prospects. I'm not even kidding.

3 yellow 4.5 (Gardiner, Schultz and Murray)
1 red 4.5
2 yellow 4
1 yellow 3.5
1 green 3.5
3 red 3.5

I also have a bunch of 3rd line/low-80 RW's that I'd love to swap for some LW's...

Aaaand I need a starting goalie...

Smiley90

The fuck. I could have sworn I posted in here.

Let me know if any spots open up, Smiley.

Teams
Western Conference

standingsWestern.png

Pacific Division

wh3zyT6.png
-
K6T33dg.png
-
GfRqsPC.png
-
KWFiFue.png
-
zCu854N.png
-
psrX91V.png
- Orca
LcvxrnM.png
-

Central Division

VsazcLv.png
- Red_Man
omMkhQk.png
-
hm0fWub.png
-
BYIauze.png
- 6for8
C89SDih.png
-
jac9FXR.png
- A Serious Man
lleM0CV.png
- dfa records

Eastern Conference

standingsEastern.png

Atlantic Division

QNgv7fF.png
- Rand0m TAG
bZAZnKJ.png
- OAK35
qeZF2KH.png
-
7skptS2.png
- Cake Boss
4RO6aDJ.png
- MacAttack
M7HJv67.png
-
N9n9MGx.png
- Rubber Ducky
3e6GOK4.png
-

Metropolitan Division

zwB3JUe.png
- Zod the Bear
z3gsNdG.png
-
TBbHOj0.png
-
FOpslfe.png
-
R8g6nm4.png
-
Vz69gDC.png
-
0F8mVlq.png
-
n8pOVbS.png
- Smiley90

Take your pick man. It's not like we're full. :lol

Red_Man

Haha, I wonder how much you offered to Kessel? I was overpaying by about 2 mill. (Stopped at 8.5). Dang it.
I gave him 8.8 couldn't believe he was only asking 5.9M to start.....knew I had to go crazy high if I wanted to outbid people. Kind of crippled cap wise now though.

OAK35

Neo Member
Hey Smiley, can you please reject the FA offer I made to Ray Emery? I'm not sure whether you could but if its possible PLEASE save me that 900k haha.

Smiley90

got vanek (5.5mil / 8years) and miller (6.5mil / 5 years)
why so much for kessel?

I don't like you :(

Hey Smiley, can you please reject the FA offer I made to Ray Emery? I'm not sure whether you could but if its possible PLEASE save me that 900k haha.

Yeah I can't do that...sorry, lol. he's (emery is) the only one that can lol. You can trade him away if you get him?

cant remember my top line but top 4 are vanek, sedin, tavares, ryan
oh smiley, my long quest for a goalie is finally complete (countng last league). now hoping fucale develops

Red_Man

cant remember my top line but top 4 are vanek, sedin, tavares, ryan
oh smiley, my long quest for a goalie is finally complete (countng last league). now hoping fucale develops
That's a pretty filthy top 4, kind of wish I was in the WC now :lol

Smiley90

Uh. Guess I'll take the Hawks then.

is there anyh way to see the rosters beforehand?

I believe if you look up the league (under GAF Sim League) it tells you the top players in every team.

I can just tell you too, though.

Notable Players/Prospects:

Ovechkin (94ovr)
Drew Stafford (84ovr)
Ryan Callahan (86ovr)
Seguin (88ovr 4.5star)
Brayden Schenn *83ovr 4.5star)
Zach Bogosian (85ovr 4.5star)

Your starting goaltender is Lindback :lol

so.. not bad? Maybe aside from the lack of a decent starting goaltender. But... I have Reimer as my starting goalie and I made it to the conference finals too, so w/e.

I believe if you look up the league (under GAF Sim League) it tells you the top players in every team.

I can just tell you too, though.

Notable Players/Prospects:

Ovechkin (94ovr)
Drew Stafford (84ovr)
Ryan Callahan (86ovr)
Seguin (88ovr 4.5star)
Brayden Schenn *83ovr 4.5star)
Zach Bogosian (85ovr 4.5star)

Your starting goaltender is Lindback :lol

so.. not bad? Maybe aside from the lack of a decent starting goaltender. But... I have Reimer as my starting goalie and I made it to the conference finals too, so w/e.

Yeah, I'll take that then.

Smiley90

Taking offers on Landeskog / Horton if anyone is interested

What do you want for Horton?

Also orca/edmonton, sent you a trade request. My one forward with 90 aggression (Dorsett, 76) for a pick lol.

Red_Man

What do you want for Horton?

Also orca/edmonton, sent you a trade request. My one forward with 90 aggression (Dorsett, 76) for a pick lol.
I'll take a look at your roster later and see if there's anything I'm interested in.

Orca

Sweet deal. I can't believe how hard it was to find some forwards to send trade requests on. There's some soft teams out there haha

Smiley90

Sweet deal. I can't believe how hard it was to find some forwards to send trade requests on. There's some soft teams out there haha

my 2nd, 3rd and 4th line wingers are essentially all Grinders or TWF's LOL. I think I have like 6 players with Aggression 85+ as wingers.

Orca

my 2nd, 3rd and 4th line wingers are essentially all Grinders or TWF's LOL. I think I have like 6 players with Aggression 85+ as wingers.

I made a team of nothing but enforcers one year, a couple versions of the game back. It was god awful to actually PLAY, but they were lights out when you simmed it for some reason.

Smiley90

Just so everyone knows, I'm not simming tonight because it's the TRADE DEADLINE. So get your trades in before the end of the season/playoffs start soon :)

Smiley90

I can't really check whose active in terms of logging in and whatnot, but it's not like there's that much activity required to keep a club going. I check in with everyone at the resigning stage every season, then we see, basically.

Simming now!

Smiley90

Didn't even realize to post in here, but playoffs have started! that also means that draft priority lists are up, so rank your priority list so you don't accidentally draft someone you don't want. good luck everyone!

Top Bottom