• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 16 EASHL (PS4) | LIVE. CHEL. REPEAT.

Stat!

What a great run of games. Blowouts and close ones, we played really well tonight. Our first banner of the year!

Delryk

Had my playoff beard on!...

I think I leveled my rating 5-6 levels during that run. It was good playing again.. We need that Elite cup banner next month. :)

I'd be down for nhl today but stat and Vis and anyone who has R6, we need to experience the frost twitch combo before it officially becomes a thing!

Frost twitch combo?

Oof I meant Frost/Bandit combo. I keep thinking twitch is the shock defender.

I eventually expect people to figure it out but what we've done is put a trap with barbed wire and a shock device on top of it. So when people get trapped, they're killed almost instantly from the shock. Great place for these are by windows or hallways where people turn the corner and aren't looking at the ground.

Another great thing I've discovered is putting up a deployable shield by the door where the target is, and to put the trap behind that shield. A lot of time when it's a hurry at the end (and sometimes not) they'll jump the thing and get trapped no matter what.

Frost is my new favorite operator, can't play as her enough. I've gotten people below hatches and at entrances a lot, but I'm thinking eventually you'll have to put it in a location where people expect it the least, so it'll be a roaming kind of operator. But if you put it in a place they must pass, they've got to shoot it out so that can be helpful for telling where people are.

Stat!

Won't be on till late tonight if at all but if I am, Im down. Going to play some hockey in the roof top rink in Toronto!

Ill be on and avail to play in 30 mins

Edit: ill be playing rocket league until at least 2 other people are ready to go. Msg me here or on psn

Patch out today. One of the items mentions improvements to netcode that affects online modes including EASHL

1455197375-media.jpg

I can't believe we got a patch in February.

Yeah I'm pretty shocked about that too. Although really, this year, I haven't really noticed too much that needs to get patched. Sure we sometimes get totally robbed and the other team gets some weak ass shit in, but I've learned to not get too irritated when sports games roll the dice the other way.

Stat!

They actually added a new class: Dangler

AmYvy0S.jpg

more gameplay changes:

Increased attribute effect range to create more player separation.
Increased range of attribute effects for goalies so that the weaker goalies are further separated from the best ones.
Increased goalies ability to save slower low shots and passes towards the net.
Increased referee strictness when teams were already shorthanded so that penalties no longer go uncalled.
Increased pokecheck success when in proper positions.
Increased penalties from stick lift at wrong angles.
Removed the effect protecting the puck has in resistance to being hit (either with protect puck or holding the puck out away from your opponent). Note: Being in a controlled glide with full balance and/or limiting the relative speed of the hit will still be advantageous over skating, performing an action or higher relative speed hits when trying to stay in control.
Addressed issue where players would occasionally stay in the penalty box for the rest of the game after the end of their penalty.
Addressed issue where players would not line up correctly when using the aggressive faceoff style during an offensive zone faceoff.

Thanks for keeping me as an honorary member.

I was hoping you might play again at some point, same with Swim.

I played a dropin game post patch and the input lag seemed less noticeable.

Interesting that they introduced a new class at this point and are still balancing one of the existing classes.

Stat!

Thanks for keeping me as an honorary member.

Every single night, Vis makes us have a moment of silence for you. Its a bit much.

I was hoping you might play again at some point, same with Swim.

I played a dropin game post patch and the input lag seemed less noticeable.

Interesting that they introduced a new class at this point and are still balancing one of the existing classes.

It is odd but apparently the class isn't that good. Small, not a very good shot/pass, not fast.

What was the other class balance?

Every single night, Vis makes us have a moment of silence for you. Its a bit much.

It is odd but apparently the class isn't that good. Small, not a very good shot/pass, not fast.

What was the other class balance?

They did something to nerf power forward. I assume so that it wouldnt be as redudant as the dangler class.

Top Bottom