• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 17 EASHL (Xbox One) NeoGAF Dot Horses

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My left stick is fucking busted and I just bought a new controller in September....

Should I buy a higher quality controller or just starting paying for the EBGames insurance? This is like the 4-5th controller I've gone through in 2 years playing NHL and right now I just coast some times cause it gets stuck

Marvie_3

Banned
My left stick is fucking busted and I just bought a new controller in September....

Should I buy a higher quality controller or just starting paying for the EBGames insurance? This is like the 4-5th controller I've gone through in 2 years playing NHL and right now I just coast some times cause it gets stuck
Does it feel like it just popped loose? Mine did that and i just took it apart and its worked fine. You need a T25 security bit to get the screws out though. Any hardware store will have one for about $1-2.

Red_Man

My left stick is fucked, I'll try and turn and it just lets me float into the boards, pretty pissed because I just spent $80 on a controller in September

Does it feel like it just popped loose? Mine did that and i just took it apart and its worked fine. You need a T25 security bit to get the screws out though. Any hardware store will have one for about $1-2.
Yea, I'll hit my left stick and sometimes it works but sometimes it feels loose and my guy drifts into the boards. I'll try what you're saying instead of wasting another $80 on a controller.

Marvie_3

Banned
My left stick is fucked, I'll try and turn and it just lets me float into the boards, pretty pissed because I just spent $80 on a controller in September

Yea, I'll hit my left stick and sometimes it works but sometimes it feels loose and my guy drifts into the boards. I'll try what you're saying instead of wasting another $80 on a controller.
When mine broke I ended up buying a new one. Then I was bored one day and tried to take the old one apart. Fixed it in about 2 seconds so now i have a brand new controller just sitting here. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Red, the bit you need is a T8 security bit not a T25. My bad. I was thinking of the 360 controller.

Welcome aboard Dopey. You played way better than your earlier posts indicated you would. If you're gonna play D though, you really need to focus more on your positioning. None of us have any problem with dmen jumping into plays but we don't need 4 forwards. :p

If you've got a play, by all means, go for it though. You and Schuey both made some really good plays by jumping in tonight. Just be mindful of the other team's and if anyone is covering for you. We got burned quite a few times by cherry picking or not having anyone back. Wasn't just you so I don't want it to seem like I'm blaming it all on you. Just one of those things that happens when someone new hops in and nobody really has any chemistry going. It'll get figured out though.

Pretty shit night record wise. We played way better than our record shows though. Really only should have lost 2 of those. The 4-0 cheese game and that one where the other team's puck control/goalie were superhuman. The rest was just a night of shit puck luck.

We're only 200 club xp from unlocking the next stadium so I figured we could just change up the jerseys/arena all at once. We should figure out what we want to use. I posted a bunch but if anyone has any other ideas, now's the time.

Marvie_3

Banned
Brutal night. Nothing was going our way....oh well, still had some and some laughs. Vadgeholahee!

Despite all my best efforts, I have found no hockey player with the last name Vajihollahi. So I'm guessing it's one of of the development team.

I think NHL 98 actually had the whole team as hidden characters, at least on PC. There was one dude named Funky Swadling or some shit.

I have so many clips that I need to get edited and posted in the thread. Was going to do it last weekend but the gf ended up with bronchitis and other shit came up so it didn't happen.

Red_Man

I'm gonna buy a new controller with skryim tomorrow cause I can't play like this

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I only really intended to move up when I get the puck... like every time i did, something went wrong with possession and I got torched... absolutely sucked.

Some times you might not realize what I do is skate forward through NZ with someone else on our team with clear possession and then swing back to interfere with guys skating alongside you

Half the time I'm on the ice that's all I'm doing lol just fuck with the other team to open space... a habit I had gained after playing with AI who would turn the puck over 99% of the time in the defensive zone

When o-zone is gained, i move back to NZ to stop any cherry pickers/sudden shifts in possession because i am not comfortable with the reaction time to maintain position against rushers...unless I see someone skating around looking for an open lane

I'm only really aggressive when time is short and we're down

Marvie_3

Banned
I only really intended to move up when I get the puck... like every time i did, something went wrong with possession and I got torched... absolutely sucked.

Some times you might not realize what I do is skate forward through NZ with someone else on our team with clear possession and then swing back to interfere with guys skating alongside you

Half the time I'm on the ice that's all I'm doing lol just fuck with the other team to open space... a habit I had gained after playing with AI who would turn the puck over 99% of the time in the defensive zone

When o-zone is gained, i move back to NZ to stop any cherry pickers/sudden shifts in possession because i am not comfortable with the reaction time to maintain position against rushers...unless I see someone skating around looking for an open lane

I'm only really aggressive when time is short and we're down
:lol It's cool man. Like I said, it's just gonna take a bit of time until we gel a bit. Once the new dope smell is gone, things should be good.

You gonna have a mic going forward? Being able to communicate would ease any chemistry issues.

The "interference" thing you mentioned is something we could really start using to our advantage. I mentioned when I did it a few times tonight. If you aren't using the stick to hit someone, you aren't going to get called for interference. You can totally run into someone and not get called. So i've been trying to run people like an offensive lineman more to open up space for whichever wing has the puck. I'll try to let you guys know more in advance if thats what I'm doing because I know I caused at least one offside.

Canadian prices for controllers are terrible.
I'd pay way more for controllers if I could have your health care.

DopeyFish

Instead of looking for it, just ordered the adapter so I could use my other headsets

A mic is def a required thing for doing draws, doing a hold on draw properly is impossible without it..

Marvie_3

Banned
New tuner today!

Tuner 1.01 (October 28, 2016):
- Increased User goalie precision movement speed
- Increased goalies ability to control rebounds
- Tuned AI passing decision weights in EASHL so that it decreases the chance they will consider passing near/towards their own net
- Tuned deflection accuracy and added more weight to player ratings in the final result
- Tuned how much impact the re-direct angle on deflections has on puck speed so that more speed is lost the more extreme the deflection.
- Tuned down puck carriers reaction speed to reacquire a puck after losing it and increased the weight on player ratings.

Red_Man

I already bought one today lol but thanks anyways. I got the warranty this time....

I'll be on playing Skyrim until people hop on

Marvie_3

Banned
Good shit tonight. 5-1 on the night and could have been 6-0. Definitely went a long way towards making up for last night's train wreck.

That game where the ice tilt was totally against us but we still pulled out a win in OT was so good. Best game we've had as a club so far this year by far.

Now that we've got the new arena, are we gonna use new jerseys or just keep these?

icausePANIK

Neo Member
We deff played good, me marv and legit we clicking very good up front and you guys played some good D. My only complAint was dopey bro you gotta stay on your side man and if you jumping into the play speak up man so someone can drop back and cover the D there quite a few times they got.odd man rushes cause you never said you was jumping into the play. Out breakouts were solid we could have cycled more but hey gives us something to work on next time. All.in all great night we deff play better then our record says

Marvie_3

Banned
We deff played good, me marv and legit we clicking very good up front and you guys played some good D. My only complAint was dopey bro you gotta stay on your side man and if you jumping into the play speak up man so someone can drop back and cover the D there quite a few times they got.odd man rushes cause you never said you was jumping into the play. Out breakouts were solid we could have cycled more but hey gives us something to work on next time. All.in all great night we deff play better then our record says
You can blame noz and i for the record. We got shredded the days before the game came out. :lol

DopeyFish

Don't have a mic until Tuesday.

I will breakdown what I do.

I play both sides depending on circumstance.... On defensive right side face off win I will *always* go behind the net to seek a pass right on boards to C/W, left to winger or LD or carry on left. This means if there's a turnover at their blue I am stuck on left side if I don't see a safe transition to right.

If LW/LD is in possession and I'm high in the zone on left side from trying to interfere with the remaining trash, I will transition to LW to maintain a clear passing lane for the sake of clearing the zone. Same thing with C and RW when they are deep with possession.

I pinch if there's clear possession and nobody is paying attention to right post, then swing back to centre ice dot. (Usually rotating with other D)

Again. I am aggressive when we are down. I am not unless circumstances dictate otherwise. I will be even more aggressive if nothing is going our way. Even on PP I hang at centre ice.

On offensive zone right side face off I see if RW is free, then if I have an unobstructed lane to LD... If no to both I shoot or leave the zone. (Typically pass to LD then retreat)

On offensive zone face off left, I will do 3 plays. First I try to swing around right side to behind their net because I will have 3 attack vectors, if they pressure hard, I see if LD is open, if not I shoot.

I will not usually clear zone on a left side win due to the amount of space I have.

On left side defensive zone face off I will pressure the point on a loss (due to lack of obstruction) or go behind the net on right side for board pass on a win.

I pressure right side defensive zone blue line for offsides and anything on my wall. I always go to hit the puck carrier in my corner to challenge their possession. (This play pushes me back so if we get possession, I immediately try to open myself up for an outlet pass) When they are swarming, I collapse to net to block shots and if they are at point, I will challenge their sticks as long as their winger is high or on the half wall. Otherwise I stick to the collapse.

With the exception of left sign defensive zone draws and left side offensive zone wins, I am always going back no matter what.

On a 2 on 1, I am always a disaster so let's just not go there. It's hard getting a proper read of what to do there because it isn't as straightforward as in real life due to the shitty deke goals off the post.

On a 3 on 2, I will either poke or block a C because if I hit him puck can go to winger for a crazy clear cross crease pass. I usually try to hammer the LWer if he is the puck carrier because under same circumstance the C won't have as a good of play as he needs to skate away from the net to collect the puck and he loses his deke so defense tightens if LD keeps position.

I ran into 4-5 circumstances yesterday where I went for a hit and my right stick was all lolol hip check spin into the wall party time leading to a 3 on 1. Wasn't my intention.

I will pop up across offensive blue line to open a lane for a pass to maintain possession same thing if I see the C/LW out of position and looking for a lane and the right post is clear. If I get possession I sweep behind the net and try to pass for a play then I bolt down the left wing boards to clear the zone. If play turns I stay on left side unless timing allows me to shift over.

Cheers.

Yes I didn't play at my best... Not sure why I haven't yet in a GAF game... The 3 prior games with a CPU defenseman (aka pylon) in drop-in I was able to shut down 3 teams so hard... 10 shots against in 3 games(combined).. But I started to play a bit loose when I joined the GAF games

The last couple games I was completely zoning out because I was tired lol

Red_Man

Best games I've played with the club so far this year, legitimately well played and games We deserved to win.

Top Bottom