• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Razorskin

----- ------
2b76V.jpg

Montresor

Yeah i don't think he is coming here barring a trade...

Komi and Schenn out???

I hope Schultz changes his mind and just sticks with Anaheim.

And I'd move Komi but don't even touch Schenn. I have his jersey. Plus he had good 1st and 3rd seasons in the NHL. A shame about his terrible 11/12 season, but I'm rooting so hard for him to become a stud under Carlyle.

Cactus

Banned
At first I was disappointed we didn't draft a forward, but I think it's fair to say that most of us don't know anything about any of these players. We haven't watched video, we don't know max upside, we have no idea what kind of people they are, and we have no idea what NHL-caliber skills they already might posses.

Obviously the Leafs need a big forward, and passing on both Forsberg and Grigorenko seems like an idiotic move, but there could be countless reasons for passing on those two specific guys that most of us wouldn't even think of.

For Burke to draft Reilly, he must be sure that he'll be an impact player. We now have a bunch of young NHL ready or NHL caliber prospects, and I'm sure Burke will use that position of strength to acquire what the team currently lacks.

So, no big deal. After reading some of the scouting reports on Reilly, I'm pretty content with the pick.

Merguson

Banned
More than likely not, but he wants to go somewhere where he can slot in and get top minutes. How can Toronto expect to when they've stockpiled their cupboards with D?

Gardiner wasn't expected to slot in and get top minutes but he did it. If Schultz is that good and supposedly better than Gardiner, he'll get the minutes.

Anyways, we'll find out on July 1st or earlier as he can talk to teams starting the 25th..

Quick

Banned
And I'm back.

Man, I can't wait to see who Burke drafted. I bet it's a forward, since the Leafs are so stocked up on D.

*checks TSN.ca*

Morgan Rielly, sounds like a forward's name...

*checks his position*

Defence?!

Wait, no. Calm down, Quickie, calm down. I'm sure he'll be a stand-up guy in our D-core for years to come. Calm down, Quick. Calm. Down. calmdown. calmdow................n.

Everything's going to be OK.

i091u.gif

Gardiner wasn't expected to slot in and get top minutes but he did it.

:lol serious?

By the Toronto media maybe. Ducks fans knew what they were losing as soon as he was gone. We were talking about him being on the roster the year he got traded. After acquiring Fowler, he took a backseat and it was only then that he was getting less and less focus.

Top Bottom