• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Brendan Gaunce.

Projected to be a 3rd line center.

Has top six potential. At least the farm gets some centers back.

Center for Kassian? I'm okay with this.

What did Gillis say about Luongo? I only saw burke's "if I told you i had to kill you" comment (literally what he said) when asked about the Luono/goalie situation... Still hoping for a trade happening tomorrow.

Alucard

Banned
The Yandle stuff is false according to TSN's guys.

"Is this stuff on Twitter real or BS?"
"No, it's false. I talked to Ray."

Rob Rossi likes to jump the gun.

Merguson

Banned
:lol serious?

By the Toronto media maybe. Ducks fans knew what they were losing as soon as he was gone. We were talking about him being on the roster the year he got traded. After acquiring Fowler, he took a backseat and it was only then that he was getting less and less focus.

The intention was to have him start in the AHL and get a handful of NHL games but he impressed the Leafs brass in training camp and pre-season games and got a full-time job. That's what happened.

Montresor

What an awesome fucking draft, it had everything.

Reilly at 5 and Ceci at 15 has potential to be another Schenn at 5, Karlsson at 15 scenario MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And to cap the night off lol enjoy GAF http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1214081

Muahahaha the Leafs snapped up an elite defenseman prospect with offensive upside. You could say that makes it an awesome draft. ;) I don't know much about Ceci though, but Rielly isn't comparable to Schenn.

Alucard

Banned
Told #pens are looking into rights to Ryan Suter. They tried similar with Hamhuis 2 years ago #nhldraft

No on Suter for #pens ... He would not sign before July 1. Shero wants a top 2 pairing, been talking with #coyotes GM #nhldraft

Booooooo.

And what the fuck is "a pure hockey trade"? What constitutes a NON-hockey trade in the NHL? Shut the fuck up, Pierre.

Cactus

Banned
What an awesome fucking draft, it had everything.

Reilly at 5 and Ceci at 15 has potential to be another Schenn at 5, Karlsson at 15 scenario MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And to cap the night off lol enjoy GAF http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1214081

Considering Reilly and Ceci are both offensive-oriented defenceman, I'm not sure that comparison really works.

Plus, the hate Schenn gets is way too extreme. Obviously he isn't the top-2 D man we all wanted him to be, but a top-4 hitting machine is still pretty good.

Quick

Banned
Considering Reilly and Ceci are both offensive-oriented defenceman, I'm not sure that comparison really works.

Plus, the hate Schenn gets is way too extreme. Obviously he isn't the top-2 D man we all wanted him to be, but a top-4 hitting machine is still pretty good.

I still believe Schenn can live up to expectations. I BELIEVE, DAMN IT.

Interesting first round for sure, nothing from Holland which figured, kinda want a trade or something for a shake up but he is more concentrated he said on free agency, now if we can land Suter things could get interesting. Looking forward to see what 7th round star we draft tomorrow.

Cake Boss

Banned
Pitt has dealt Z. Michalek to Phx in exchange for prospect Harrison Ruopp plus a 3rd-round pick this year (81st) and goalie Marc Cheverie.

Fuck I wanted Z

Alucard

Banned
From Lebrun just now...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Pitt has dealt Z. Michalek to Phx in exchange for prospect Harrison Ruopp plus a 3rd-round pick this year (81st) and goalie Marc Cheverie.

Blah. Why get rid of Michalek unless it's a cap dump to make room for...PARISE?!

cube444

From Lebrun just now...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Blah. Why get rid of Michalek unless it's a cap dump to make room for...PARISE?!

It's to make room for Martin's extension.

Alucard

Banned
With Michalek gone, that's FOUR MILLION off the books. Man...Shero is definitely on the hunt. He has to be looking at Parise seriously right now.

Center for Kassian? I'm okay with this.

What did Gillis say about Luongo? I only saw burke's "if I told you i had to kill you" comment (literally what he said) when asked about the Luono/goalie situation... Still hoping for a trade happening tomorrow.
He won't play center unless Schroeder is traded and Lapierre gets let go.

Cake Boss

Banned
It's a salary dump. Think Shero wants to land one of the big boys. It's the only explanation. Michalek is a solid dman. Phoenix wins the trade cleanly.

He would have took a dump on my chest for Zilo. Fuck we had room, should have gone for it.

Al Muir ‏@almuirSI
Pittsburgh sends Zbynek Michalek back to Phoenix for a third rounder and two prospects. Looking more likely PHK deals Keith Yandle.

Hopefully that's Yandle to OTT

Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh

Ducks GM Bob Murray said he's "disappointed" with Bobby Ryan's comments and plans to meet with him face to face after the draft.

Cake Boss

Banned
Eric Stephens ‏@icemancometh

Ducks GM Bob Murray said he's "disappointed" with Bobby Ryan's comments and plans to meet with him face to face after the draft.

Bob Murray is an idiot, I hope Ryan throws a pie at his face and storms off after their meeting leaving Murray licking his face to eat the pie.

Alucard

Banned
They are already weaker defensively by losing Staal and Michalek. You'd figure another defenseman would be their focus after the Flyers exposed their mediocre defence.

True enough. Shero looks like he's going for broke. Dude is rolling those dice hard, Lando Calrissean style.

cube444

It could also be to make room for Crosby's contract extension. Brisson and Shero talked yesterday, apparently.

Nope. Shero was disgusted at how Philly exposed the Pens and is looking in a new direction. Orpik and Martin are weaker than Michalek defensively so that's the weird part. Throw in Staal and the Pens are weaker defensively right now than when the Flyers bounced them this spring.

Alucard

Banned
They are already weaker defensively by losing Staal and Michalek. You'd figure another defenseman would be their focus after the Flyers exposed their mediocre defence.

Look at the goals. As much as you can blame the defense, a LOT of the blame rests on Fleury's shoulders. Porous as liquid diarrhea.

Alucard

Banned
Nope. Shero was disgusted at how Philly exposed the Pens and is looking in a new direction. Orpik and Martin are weaker than Michalek defensively so that's the weird part. Throw in Staal and the Pens are weaker defensively right now than when the Flyers bounced them this spring.

Yeah, but it's probably gonna be near-impossible to get rid of Martin when he's making 5 million. Who knows? Maybe he'll pick it up again next season. Orpik's still solid.

True enough. Shero looks like he's going for broke. Dude is rolling those dice hard, Lando Calrissean style.

I don't know if I like the shake up. I get the feeling our defense will start to let us down unless he has something crazy up his sleeve....

Look at the goals. As much as you can blame the defense, a LOT of the blame rests on Fleury's shoulders. Porous as liquid diarrhea.

They both sucked, no one is worse than the other. The defense went out of the their way to leave Fleury out to dry but he also gave up soft goals. They both sucked. It's not all Fleury.

Alucard

Banned
I don't know if I like the shake up. I get the feeling our defense will start to let us down unless he has something crazy up his sleeve....

They both sucked, no one is worse than the other. The defense went out of the their way to leave Fleury out to dry but he also gave up soft goals. They both sucked. It's not all Fleury.

It wasn't all Fleury, but he wasn't totally blameless, either. Bylsma needs to go back to getting these guys to play the way they did before Crosby came back and they just tried opening the floodgates, thinking they could win on offensive power alone.

But yeah, as of now, the Pens don't look that strong defensively, unless one of these draft picks is NHL-ready, or someone surprises in training camp. Suter is needed?

Top Bottom