• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The only thing that could salvage this is Suter. Otherwise this is a complete disaster.

Bieksa Hamhuis
Edler <Traded Dman>
Ballard Tanev
Alberts Connauton

We rolled with Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, Ehrhoff, Ballard, Salo, Alberts, Rome two years before and we had to bring three rookies in to fill significant roles.

We had Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, Salo, Ballard, Tanev, Rome, Alberts and Sulzer last season and we still somehow had Rome play top 4 minutes at times.

Connauton doesn't count as an NHL dman yet.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Abdelkader gone then? Wings have way too many forwards now. Tootoo is a better agitator than Abby and might have more offensive upswing (?).

@georgemalik

Methinks that Emmerton and/or Mursak and/or Kindl have played their last games as Red Wings.

&#8207;@georgemalik

Tootoo slides in to the fourth line for toughness/grit in Homer's spot and then Sammy fills Hudler's spot.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My guess is Detroit ups their offer to Suter to guarantee he comes to Detroit and then signs Semin.

pringles

The only thing that could salvage this is Suter. Otherwise this is a complete disaster.
I hate Tootoo but come on. Atleast Holland is doing something. We still have room for both Semin and Suter. Can't blame Holland for Parise not picking Det among 20 teams.

Sammy for 3 mil is better than Hudler for 4-ish. Gustavsson fixes our backup circus. Tootoo gives us an annoying player atleast.

My guess is Detroit ups their offer to Suter to guarantee he comes to Detroit and then signs Semin.

If this happens this team will be scary good next year with this depth we just got, we NEED a top 6 guy bad though right now, Sammy is not that top 6 guy, we need a legit one in either Parise or Semin.

Plinko

I hate Tootoo but come on. Atleast Holland is doing something. We still have room for both Semin and Suter. Can't blame Holland for Parise not picking Det among 20 teams.

Sammy for 3 mil is better than Hudler for 4-ish. Gustavsson fixes our backup circus. Tootoo gives us an annoying player atleast.

A 35-year old lazy player who scores less is NOT better than Hudler. Sorry.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hahaha
Damien cox is retweeting everyone (to show everyone the stupid) who is bashing Burke for being in the gay pride parade over handling free agency

I don't say this often

But... Props to Damien cox.

Anybody who bashes Burke for doing something in honor of his son needs to fuck off and die- leafs have 3 GMs, I'm sure they can handle it

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Who does GMGM think is going to replacing Semin's scoring? Laich? Chimera? We just got a new playmaking center with no one for him to set up.

Plinko

If this happens this team will be scary good next year with this depth we just got, we NEED a top 6 guy bad though right now, Sammy is not that top 6 guy, we need a legit one in either Parise or Semin.

Semin and trade for Nash. I can feel it.

Merguson

Banned
Hahaha
Damien cox is retweeting everyone (to show everyone the stupid) who is bashing Burke for being in the gay pride parade over handling free agency

I don't say this often

But... Props to Damien cox.

Anybody who bashes Burke for doing something in honor of his son needs to fuck off and die- leafs have 3 GMs, I'm sure they can handle it

Cellphones how do they work

Good luck fitting both of those guys in when the cap drops.

We still have 18 million in cap and I have a feeling we are going to be trading some bottom 6 guys seeing as how we have too many forwards, add in signing Quincey around 3.5 to 4 and I think we will be fine still.

pringles

A 35-year old lazy player who scores less is NOT better than Hudler. Sorry.
Hudler is lazier than Sammy and smaller, slower, softer. And like I saids, Huds will be getting more than 3 mil probably.

Sammy is a good fit on the Wings and is a depth signing. Only thing bothering me a bit is 2years, but it could be worse.

Marvie_3

Banned
Jesse Rogers &#8207;@ESPNChiHawks
Getting a lot of tweets with people wondering why so quiet on Hawks front....should not be a surprise..the play was for suter so we'll see

jb0e9twxVhPduO.jpg

Parise is funny. I get that the Rangers are the devils biggest rival (and vice versa), but is signing with another division rival REALLY that much better?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
@jonasTSN1050: RT @mirtle: Burke says he wants to see the price on Brodeur so the Leafs have some interest. He expects he remains a Devil though.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wings have 15 forwards signed for next season already. Only one (Brunner) is on a 2 way contract. They have yet to re-sign Abdelkader as well. They have to have a trade in mind. Probably going to dump Emmerton or Mursak or both for draft picks.

Marvie_3

Banned
Weren't you saying the other day that contracts were rolled back?
I said it was possible. Teams were warned that the cap might change so it's up in the air at this point. If the owners want a higher percentage of the revenue they might have to forget about rolling back current deals.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Brandon Saad ($0.894m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Sharp ($5.900m)
Daniel Carcillo ($0.825m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Viktor Stalberg ($0.875m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Bryan Bickell ($0.542m)
Jimmy Hayes ($0.875m) / Jamal Mayers ($0.650m) / Andrew Shaw ($0.565m)
Brandon Bollig ($0.575m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Brent Seabrook ($5.800m) / Duncan Keith ($5.538m)
Ryan Suter ($8.000m) / Nick Leddy ($1.117m)
Sheldon Brookbank ($1.250m) / Johnny Oduya ($3.383m)
Dylan Olsen ($0.870m) /
GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.667m)
Ray Emery ($1.150m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $65,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,725,961; BONUSES: $1,005,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,274,039
Yeah, I could go for this. :D

Plinko

Wings have 15 forwards signed for next season already. Only one (Brunner) is on a 2 way contract. They have yet to re-sign Abdelkader as well. They have to have a trade in mind. Probably going to dump Emmerton or Mursak or both for draft picks.

Yep--I think this is heading toward Nash. My guess is they send Franzen/Nyquist and some other guys.

AUGH I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH ALL THE SIGNINGS I JUST WOKE UP

AHAHA TOOtootodetroittooootoooo.

What Brodeurs asking price is = bahahaha.

I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHO ANAHEIM ARE SIGNING

Why did we not sign Parros and sign some Starburns guy instead? Apparently it's because Parros wants more ice time. Glad we have an enforcer at least, hopefully he's happy with being a constant healthy scratch and can show Schultz a nice welcoming.

Brookbank's deal with Chicago: 2 years/1.25 million per

Not bad.

This. There's no place for homophobia or a complete lack of disrespect for a fathers fallen son in 2012.

pringles

Yep--I think this is heading toward Nash. My guess is they send Franzen/Nyquist and some other guys.
Thing is "some other guys" would probably be atleast 2 of Smith/Tatar/Jarnkrok, making the price way too high. Get rid of Emmerton using a rifle out back, don't sign Abby (sry dude) and sign Semin.. done and done.

Would have loved to keep Salo (10 years with the team is pretty damn good) but pretty hard to beat TB's retirement home offer of too much money, no income tax and Ohlund's knee-draining kit. Wonder if we'll sign any free agents that aren't just "skate once at training camp" type offers

Top Bottom