• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

I don't even know what to say right now, I guess tomorrow is going to be even crazier with what happens, though I know a trade is coming, I just don't know what.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So apparently Vancouver has a massive public event for Canada day for the legalization of Cannabis... In a public space in the middle of the city, with people openly selling weed, joints, brownies, etc. and loads of smoke. Yeaaaah.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe I never started that "WTF Holland?!?" blog 5 years ago like I said I was going to do. It would've been glorious!

So apparently Vancouver has a massive public event for Canada day for the legalization of Cannabis... In a public space in the middle of the city, with people openly selling weed, joints, brownies, etc. and loads of smoke. Yeaaaah.
Ugh. One of the worst things about this city. The weed culture.

There was also 4/20, which isn't exactly the sorta thing that goes unnoticed.

I think it's fantastic for decriminalisation efforts, but doing it in Vancouver is like walking into a multi-level brothel and saying everybody in there should be having sex. Downside is the event itself is full of hippies and crackheads, which sucks.

Cactus

Banned
Hahaha
Damien cox is retweeting everyone (to show everyone the stupid) who is bashing Burke for being in the gay pride parade over handling free agency

I don't say this often

But... Props to Damien cox.

Anybody who bashes Burke for doing something in honor of his son needs to fuck off and die- leafs have 3 GMs, I'm sure they can handle it

Down Goes Brown ‏
@DownGoesBrown
"I was going to sign in Toronto but Brian Burke honored his son instead of taking my call right away so now I won't." - No NHL player ever.

Marvie_3

Banned
There was also 4/20, which isn't exactly the sorta thing that goes unnoticed.

I think it's fantastic for decriminalisation efforts, but doing it in Vancouver is like walking into a multi-level brothel and saying everybody in there should be having sex. Downside is the event itself is full of hippies and crackheads, which sucks.

At least you know where to find your mortal enemy......

pringles

Ok, more like 7 years ago now, it was right after the lockout.
Still, those were some great years right after the lockout.. hell of a team we had. Holland's only been mediocre the last 2-3 years, but then it's also been hard to come by great deals. If he gets us Suter I'll be happy with his work. If he can do that and get us someone like Semin.. fuck yeah.

Come on. That deal looks great compared to other FA deals recently.
For real, Franzen can float like none other but 4M for him is not a bad deal when Leino is making like 4.5M. Besides, Franzen will never play out the full lenght of the deal.

Detroit Free Press @freepwings
#RedWings done with free agency for today - now sitting back to wait to hear from Ryan Suter & Zach Parise.

Well I guess if we don't get Parise we will hopefuly see Holland go for Semin, fingers crossed tomorrow will be a great or horrible day.

Alucard

Banned
I remember getting my hopes up for the Pens signing Hossa in 2008, and Jagr before the start of this season. Nothing about Parise's decision will surprise me tomorrow.

Jul 1 Souray, Sheldon D Dallas Anaheim $11M 3 $3.666666M

666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666m

Top Bottom