• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
So when did your parents decide incest was the way to go?
It was decided long ago, when as brother and sister, Tabris' parents competed in the 3-legged race at the special olympics. During the race they tripped and fell on top of each other. 9 months later, baby Tabris was born.

Montresor

There's no doubt we overpaid but it'll be worth it when he leaves brown in a pool of his own blood.

Fighting words!

Don't worry, Brown can hold his own. And I think with Carlyle back, Orr is gonna get another chance to play sporadically with the Leafs (I don't think he'll be buried again).

Cactus

Banned
There's no doubt we overpaid but it'll be worth it when he leaves brown in a pool of his own blood.

That's fine. I don't care if he wins fights as long as he gives us a couple of power plays when we face the Habs. His career penalty minutes to games played ratio suggests that he will.

EDIT:

Gord Miller ‏
@GMillerTSN
Det signs Mikael Samuelsson to a two year deal.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Semin's agent Mark Gandler is pissed at TSN:

He mad.

But yeah, calling him a coach killer or loser was probably not right

He's highly talented but isn't a complete package, is all.

He can light up a team but can't grind

I would take him on the leafs for sure, just because he CAN change a game, but isn't a dominant force to control it.

Tabris

It was decided long ago, when as brother and sister, Tabris' parents competed in the 3-legged race at the special olympics. During the race they tripped and fell on top of each other. 9 months later, baby Tabris was born.

40029891_384x288_generated.jpg
<-- Marvie

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah that Semin bit was retarded as hell, it just goes to show you how many of these dumbasses actually watch games and just base their opinions on reputation from 4 years ago.

ZeroGravity

Yeah that Semin bit was retarded as hell, it just goes to show you how many of these dumbasses actually watch games and just base their opinions on reputation from 4 years ago.
Saw enough of Semin this year to know that it's still not that far off the mark.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
@georgemalik

Samuelsson can put up Hudler goal numbers for the money the Wings wanted to pay Hudler.

That pretty much guarantees we're out of the Parise running.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That tells me Detroit knows Parise ain't coming.

@georgemalik

Samuelsson can put up Hudler goal numbers for the money the Wings wanted to pay Hudler.

But I want Semin. :(

Maybe though since they still gave Parise an offer if they strike out there they go for Semin, I'm thinking this is just for some depth which would be fine, but not for our top 6. Also a full NTC, dang it Holland, at least it is only 2 years I guess, but ahhhh.. screw it, better get Suter and either Parise or Semin tomorrow to make up for it.

Razorskin

----- ------
That's fine. I don't care if he wins fights as long as he gives us a couple of power plays when we face the Habs. His career penalty minutes to games played ratio suggests that he will.

Alright, Habs can kill penalties, not the case for the Leafs.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Then get Semin Holland, seriously we need a better top 6 guy, that is not Sammy.
I have a gut feeling that's exactly what they're going to do now. They'll go after Semin tonight/tomorrow and try to sign him for like 5.5/6 mil. Problem is, some other team might come out of no where and offer him 7 mil or something and fuck us over, haha.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I absolutely can't believe they got another 35-year old player. Holland is so overrated. I'd like to see him do anything in the cap era.

Wow, I'm furious right now. What a horrible move.

I expect Semin to sign tonight or tomorrow.

pringles

@georgemalik

That pretty much guarantees we're out of the Parise running.
Even though we seem to be out of the running for Parise, we still have the money to add Semin for example. Hudler was just gonna ask more money than he's worth. Not super excited about Sammy returning but he was alright here and as a Hudler replacement I can deal.

Just hope Holland now works 110% on Suter/Semin.

I have a gut feeling that's exactly what they're going to do now. They'll go after Semin tonight/tomorrow and try to sign him for like 5.5/6 mil. Problem is, some other team might come out of no where and offer him 7 mil or something and fuck us over, haha.

I guess he stated that he could get Sammy for the same price as Hudler and he can put up Hudler numbers, to me that sounds like he isn't going after Semin which would be incredibly stupid if you ask me.

Edit: WTF? I'll take it but we need top 6 help, come on HOLLAND!!!

Top Bottom