• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Top 3 lines all centers. What could go wrong?

Somewhere between

-here-
Lupul
Kessel
Kulemin
MacArthur
Van Riemsdyk
Brown
Frattin
Komarov
-and here-

Oh shi! Connolly being traded?!?!?

Please please please please

The dude only did one amazing pass and it was while sitting on his ass

DopeyFish

Switch Gardiner with Franson and remove Raymond and you have a deal.

Seriously

Franson is pretty decent too and played pretty well near the end when everyone else wasn't

I'd even add a pick

Gardiner has too much potential... He may plateau where he is or become the next niedermeyer

Too much risk :(

Parise deciding tomorrow

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
@TSNBobMcKenzie

Zach Parise's decision will not come until tomorrow. Has narrowed the field to a select group and will decide Monday.

DopeyFish

Do you want to make the playoffs DopeyFish? Make that trade!

Dude... Luongo (drafted with our pick) was traded in the hopes of making the playoffs

Niedermeyer was our draft pick too

Can't risk it :(

Frattin signs a one way with leafs... Looks like he may be with on roster next year!

Tabris

I want Franson. I'm fine with Franson and McArthur. I don't get why the Canucks are trying so hard for Gardiner.

Because Franson had a good year with the Leafs but he wasn't that great with NSH before then. So we've seen the negative side of Franson while Gardiner has only shown positive.

Tabris

You're not being positive, you're being delusional. Every time either name is mentioned you say they're signing with detroit. It just feels like Tabris' "destiny" posts.

It's not delusional to know you're destined to win the stanley cup, being off by a couple years is no big deal in the big scheme of things.

cube444

Semin's agent Mark Gandler is pissed at TSN:

“I can tell you that’s the worst I’ve ever heard an analyst say about any player,” Gandler told CSNWashington.com. “What bothered me was that the host [James Duthie] did not step in.”

During TSN’s broadcast, McGuire accused Semin of being a bad teammate, adding, “he’s the ultimate coach killer, that's what he is.”

Crawford was just as critical of the 28-year-old Russian. When comparing him to Zach Parise, Crawford said, “You either take a guy who’s a complete winner, or take a guy who’s a complete loser. [Semin] falls in that category.”

Gandler said he believes Semin was the victim of Russian prejudice.

“If they said anything like that about any of the Canadian players…,” Gandler said. “It’s just prejudice and there is no place for that in the National Hockey League.”

Gandler said Semin is just as valuable as a free agent as New Jersey Devils forward Zach Parise.

“In fact, Semin’s stats are better than those of Parise,” Gandler said. “The only way to attack that is to call Semin names I have to tell you I’m going to check with my attorney.

“I think Pierre McGuire should know better. Take a look at Semin’s plus-minus over the same period of time as Parise. Look at his plus-minus over any period against his teammates with the Capitals and you will see he is not that guy they say.”

In seven seasons with the Capitals, Semin recorded 197 goals and 409 points in 469 regular games. He was a plus-65 during that time. In seven seasons in New Jersey, Parise recorded 194 goals and 410 points in 502 games with a plus-57 rating.

In 51 career playoff games Semin has 15 goals and 34 points. Parise has 21 goals and 43 points in 61 career playoff games

Asked if the comments made about Semin might impact his ability to sign with another NHL team, Gandler said, “I don’t know. I hope not. Listen, fans are listening to this and fans sometimes drive owners. Sometimes for a big deal like Semin will be getting, you need owner approval and this is what the owners hear and that’s very bad.”

Top Bottom