• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
While that's true, if you were in that position, would you prefer 13 years of guaranteed salary or six? All it could take is one serious injury between now and six years from now that could cost Weber that big next contract. That's what it's pretty much getting at.

Depends. As fast as the cap is going up, that second 6 year deal could be worth quite a bit more than the last half of a 13 year deal.

Revenant

Detroit Free Press reported that Doan's agent called Detroit several times so they could make him an offer. No word on if they ever did, but I'd be shocked if they didn't. Would be a good pickup for the team, and would fit right into the 35-and-over club.

Won't matter with that defense as is.

cube444

Like Parise's heart was in New Jersey? I think Semin's bank account will win over his heart.

(And keep up the insider info, man. Valuable stuff here.)

@JoshYohe_Trib: It's no secret that Semin is interested in playing in Pittsburgh. But he wants a long term deal. Don't know if Pens are willing to go there.

He could be a Penguin too?

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

CSKA (KHL team) has an offer on the table for Semin, but so do several NHL clubs. Told by very reliable source, Semin wants to be in NHL.

P.S. I got those tweets from a Semin thread on Hockey Futures board.

Revenant

Semin enters FA waters. Results are murky

I wonder who'll actually give him a long term deal though. For a year or two sure. But 4 or 5? Ehhh

cube444

This season? Do you really think either of those players are going to sign 1-year contracts?

Everyone wants to play with the Pens man. Shero is a genius and the best GM ever!

Pens_Money.gif

Supposedly Doan wants 4, which is the scary part.

Word is that he prefers to stay in the West.

pringles

People are being too harsh on Detroit's defense. Ericsson was really solid last year and could improve even more. Smith looked fantastic most of the time he played. And Kronwall is obviously great. There are question marks in Quincey and Kindl though. I'm sure Holland is trying to swing a deal for someone, maybe Yandle or Enstrom, but even as it is it could be passable. Just probably won't be the highest scoring defense like it was last season.

Supposedly Doan wants 4, which is the scary part.
Well that sounds like a deal that is right up Kenny Holland's alley.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
People are being too harsh on Detroit's defense. Ericsson was really solid last year and could improve even more. Smith looked fantastic most of the time he played. And Kronwall is obviously great. There are question marks in Quincey and Kindl though. I'm sure Holland is trying to swing a deal for someone, maybe Yandle or Enstrom, but even as it is it could be passable. Just probably won't be the highest scoring defense like it was last season.

Well that sounds like a deal that is right up Kenny Holland's alley.

The defense sucked even with Lidstrom and Stuart. I don't think that's being too harsh.

Curufinwe

While that's true, if you were in that position, would you prefer 13 years of guaranteed salary or six? All it could take is one serious injury between now and six years from now that could cost Weber that big next contract. That's what it's pretty much getting at.

Weber should watch the fluke injury that ended Pronger's career and then sign the 13 year deal.

Weber should watch the fluke injury that ended Pronger's career and then sign the 13 year deal.
No kidding. I wonder if this would be in the mind of a lot of UFA-to-be players right now. Sign big extension contracts now... or take a risk with the new CBA and hope salaries don't go down as a result of new cap restraints.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
"Parise gives Ryan Suter credit for coming up with the idea of them both signing with the #MnWild: "I thought it was a great idea.""

poor crazedarabman

Cactus

Banned
Terry Koshan ‏
@koshtorontosun
15 NHLers select salary arbitration: Nick Bonino, Jamie McGinn, Richard Bachman, Mark Fistric, Kyle Quincey, Sam Gagner, Kris Versteeg

Terry Koshan ‏
@koshtorontosun
Raphael Diaz , S. Kostitsyn, Mark Fayne, Anton Stralman, Kaspars Daugavins, TJ Oshie, David Perron (signed), TJ Galiardi, Dale Weise

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Terry Koshan ‏
@koshtorontosun
15 NHLers select salary arbitration: Nick Bonino, Jamie McGinn, Richard Bachman, Mark Fistric, Kyle Quincey, Sam Gagner, Kris Versteeg

Terry Koshan ‏
@koshtorontosun
Raphael Diaz , S. Kostitsyn, Mark Fayne, Anton Stralman, Kaspars Daugavins, TJ Oshie, David Perron (signed), TJ Galiardi, Dale Weise

Quincey. Of course.

Cake Boss

Banned
"@walsha: @Stubaction @HockeyyInsiderr The Guy was harassing me for info so I sent him some bullshit rumor and he immediately tweeted it."

Alan Walsh, agent just trolled that insiderr fuck.

Top Bottom