• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Heretic

Easy there. Malkin had twice as many points as Ryan did last season.
Ducks had a shitty season which is why everyone is on the chopping block. I'm not surprised Malkin doubled Bobby this past season. Malkin was a beast. That's why a 1 for 1 is a fair trade.

CrankyJay

Banned
Tampa Bay has signed Anders Lindback to a 2-year deal.

EDIT: 1.4 million this year, 2.2 million next year.

workaholics-comedy-central-tv-show.jpg

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400063

In an interview with Vancouver's CFOX Morning Show on Friday, Luongo - in his first one-on-one since the end of the season - said that he enjoyed his time with the team and was resigned to the fact that it's time to move on.

"(And) I'm okay with that," Luongo told the radio station. "I had a great six years in Vancouver. I think it's a wonderful city, I really enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to bring a Stanley Cup there, which was probably my biggest regret. But it will be remembered for six great years."

Looks like Luongo officially wants out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I saw a guy with a huge beard in the grocery store today, Weber must be thinking of coming to Toronto.

Alucard

Banned
Josh Yohe Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler: "No question, playing in Pittsburgh would be great. Alex would love to play with either Malkin or Crosby."

1 hour ago
@JoshYohe_Trib

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Josh Yohe Alex Semin's agent, Mark Gandler: "No question, playing in Pittsburgh would be great. Alex would love to play with either Malkin or Crosby."

1 hour ago
@JoshYohe_Trib

Hang on, let me put that through my "Agent Speak" machine:

Mark Gandler said:
"Pittsburgh needs to up their offer to my client if you'd like to see him playing with Malkin or Crosby."

1 hour ago
@JoshYohe_Trib

Yeah we heard the same thing ...

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/07/06/dear-senators-take-a-chance-on-semin

In an email to the Sun Friday, Gandler stated that he thinks Semin “would fit very nicely in Ottawa” and would “want to play there under the right circumstances.”

Translation: Whoever gives him a Parise contract (or closest to it).

So Pittsburgh needs to:

Pens_Money.gif

Alucard

Banned
So happy that Shero and Lemieux gif is getting so much use.

Again, I'd be all for trying out Semin in a Pens uniform. Even with his reputation as a "lazy player," his stats are solid. Don't think he's worth more than 4 or 5 million, but we'll see. He may be demanding Parise money.

Have a feeling that Semin doesn't end up on the Pens, though.

P.S. Saw this posted on the Caps' board:

Last 4 years: Semin 123 goals 270 pts, Ryan 132 goals 249 pts.

Marvie_3

Banned
Are you drunk because that doesn't sound like something you would say about NHL games.
Not drunk. Just glad to see goalies that aren't completely retarded.

They still will be.

100 bucks says the cross crease stick save happens at least 70% more often than it would in a real NHL game.

Well then it'll be even with the ridiculous goals that happen 70% more than they do in a real NHL game.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lebrun on team 1040 - there is more traction in luongo trade talks now

Wonder if Canucks lowered their price considering luongos comments

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck. Bowman is just enough of an idiot to do it too.

I'm not sure I hate the idea so much anymore.

Because everyone is hating on Lu's contract or projected trade returns

All I see is bitching from every fan

Leafs, panthers, Canucks Blackhawks

Everybody wants him yet nobody wants him

Revenant

I can't remember you ever scoring a goal that hasn't bounced off a defenseman's shoulder or head.

hey man if there was a stat for "Rube Goldberg" goals I'd be the team leader!

hopefully they don't tweak it so I actually have to learn how to shoot in NHL 13.

Top Bottom