• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
It's more like everyone wants Luongo, but no one wants his contract.
His contract is going to look good in a few years, problem is, he'll be in his late 30's by then.
hey man if there was a stat for "Rube Goldberg" goals I'd be the team leader!

hopefully they don't tweak it so I actually have to learn how to shoot in NHL 13.

I think we found your new EASHL name. :lol

No, I just want a goalie that isn't a traffic cone.

Luongo is better than the garbage we have now.

Lebrun on team 1040 - there is more traction in luongo trade talks now

Wonder if Canucks lowered their price considering luongos comments
Yeah, that's definitely it Dopey. The Canucks were holding firm on what they were asking, but then Luongo went on a Vancouver rock station morning show and thanked the fans for an amazing six years, and Gillis went, "Well shit, better trade him straight up for Komisarek now."

And then the Leafs won the cup and your hockey-related thought process improved.

Yeah, that's definitely it Dopey. The Canucks were holding firm on what they were asking, but then Luongo went on a Vancouver rock station morning show and thanked the fans for an amazing six years, and Gillis went, "Well shit, better trade him straight up for Komisarek now."

And then the Leafs won the cup and your hockey-related thought process improved.

Someone's a little cranky today.

Alucard

Banned
What kind of return would Luongo fetch taking into account his cap hit and his apparent desire to leave the Canucks? Leafs fans? Hawks fans? Who would you part with?

Kessel will wave to the crowd.

And he'll wave back.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Aw u mad?

No need to be angry at me for the impending low return for luongo, it happens.

Revenant

What kind of return would Luongo fetch taking into account his cap hit and his apparent desire to leave the Canucks? Leafs fans? Hawks fans? Who would you part with?

Michael Frolik, guys a dynamo, dude practically killed Cory Schneider on that penalty shot! and right now we're selling him at a low low price for just the next 24 hours! and if you call now you get a free Steve Montador with your order!

Heretic

So why no Temmu signing yet?
I personally think he's waiting to see what other moves Murray makes. Every year he's mentioned that he came back for two reasons. 1. Cause it's still fun and 2. Cause he feels the team has a chance to win it.

Poor guy... So much heart.

Revenant

I personally think he's waiting to see what other moves Murray makes. Every year he's mentioned that he came back for two reasons. 1. Cause it's still fun and 2. Cause he feels the team has a chance to win it.

Poor guy... So much heart.

he'll have a great chance to win...with Bobby Ryan, on the chicago blackhawks.

Our dumb ass beat writer is proposing the idea of Stastny + ? for Ryan. I'd love that as long as we could give away a pick with him but that's not likely. It's nice to dream.

TSNHh.jpg

I think it's more likely a deal has been completed in principal and the two groups are just working out the details. Luongo doesn't strike me as the kind of player that would make a departure statement just to put one over on his team.

But even then, rare is a GM who likes having a player make these kinds of comments to the press. Gillis would want to be the guy doing the talking, no?

Alucard, my Canucks-supporting friends would be happy with a competent 2nd line winger and a 2nd round pick. The Leafs would probably toss over MacArthur and prospect/pick.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yea the Prust signing is the only thing that some people aren't happy with, but we had to overpay to get that kind of guy and we need his type of player badly so I'm fine with it. We've yet to see his first major trade, everything else has been as good as it can be.

Red_Man

We're already clogged up on right wings with possible prospects making the team this year and I assume Bergy didn't want to pay him the kind of money he was asking. We need left wings more.

What kind of player is Prust exactly? I didn't follow the Rangers last year so I've never actually seen him play. Judging from his stats he looks like a ten minute, point every 8 games agitator. Big on the PK? Truculigerent?

Red_Man

Agitator and PKer which we need both of. A guy to stick up for our players and someone to take off some pressure from Plekanec playing so much PK time. Apparently he's a great room guy too.

What kind of player is Prust exactly? I didn't follow the Rangers last year so I've never actually seen him play. Judging from his stats he looks like a ten minute, point every 8 games agitator. Big on the PK? Truculigerent?

All heart and soul. Will stand up for his teammates without question. Throws the body. Great on the PK. Has a knack for shorthanded goals. I wouldn't describe him as an agitator, he doesn't go looking for trouble, he just takes care of it. I'll miss him but fuck his wallet chasing ass ;}.

From ESPN :

LEBRUN: A source told me Friday morning there was finally traction on the Luongo front but still nothing imminent. My understanding is that the Panthers and Canucks have kept dialogue alive. It’s the deal that makes the most sense, especially, as I pointed out Thursday, if Jose Theodore is willing to move his no-trade clause to go to Vancouver. Luongo wants to be with the Panthers again. Florida can use the upgrade in goal, and the Canucks can divest themselves of the $53.3 million left on Luongo’s deal, although for this trade ever to happen certainly player contracts would have to go the other way as well to make it financially viable for the Panthers

So Lou for old Lou and a cap dump (Upshall).

Edit: Panthers currently have 8 D men signed 1 way. So maybe Strachan goes too.

Red_Man

Reminds me of what I thought Armstrong was going to be on the Leafs.

;_;
I'm excited to see how he responds this year, playing for his favourite team, and under the coach that has gotten the best of him before. If he doesn't pan out, it's only one year.

Tabris

From ESPN :

So Lou for old Lou and a cap dump (Upshall).

Edit: Panthers currently have 8 D men signed 1 way. So maybe Strachan goes too.

If it was Lou for Theodore + Upshall, the deal would already be done and we would be screaming mad. Gillis is obviously after a player like Gudbranson

Top Bottom