• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Acid08

Banned
Better than BlazBlue or have you never played it?
I played it once, don't really remember it. I am somewhat fond of Guilty Gear though and it's definitely similar to that. Arc fighter and all that. P4A is more quarter circles though, GG has more half circles and weird stuff. Never cared much for Arc's characters though, helps a lot that I'm already invested in the P4 characters which is making me want to put effort into learning it hardXcore.

Sonic pls

So Florida fans (feels weird to say that). What is your thoughts on Keaton Ellerby?

http://www.rantsports.com/florida-panthers/2012/08/17/rumor-detroit-interested-in-keaton-ellerby/

Good kid, has potential. He is big and a defensive D-man. He needs more ice time but since we are flush with D-men he's been in the clubhouse most nights.

What he lacks is the confidence of when to move the puck and when to hit. Things he can solve with ice time and time to develop. Would be a good PK'r on the 3rd pairing with top pairing potential.

Panthers currently have 8 d-men on one ways so we would need forwards in return.

Good kid, has potential. He is big and a defensive D-man. He needs more ice time but since we are flush with D-men he's been in the clubhouse most nights.

What he lacks is the confidence of when to move the puck and when to hit. Things he can solve with ice time and time to develop. Would be a good PK'r on the 3rd pairing with top pairing potential.

Panthers currently have 8 d-men on one ways so we would need forwards in return.

What would you want for him, in a way he seems like our Kindl almost and I wouldn't ask for more than a mid pick for him or a B or so prospect.

MacAttack

780082228_469411.gif

He was a 1st rounder so just a pick would be a low-ball. Maybe Eaves or Miller or a B prospect and late pick.

Well we have no idea what is going on with Eaves with his concussion so I doubt you would want a question mark player, Miller could be dealt, he is a good depth player, but we have a lot of young guns coming up who could fill his spot, maybe even a mid-late pick then as well.

Edit: Feels like HFboards with these proposals, but I guess it is all we have right now. :/

Well we have no idea what is going on with Eaves with his concussion so I doubt you would want a question mark player, Miller could be dealt, he is a good depth player, but we have a lot of young guns coming up who could fill his spot, maybe even a mid-late pick then as well.

Edit: Feels like HFboards with these proposals, but I guess it is all we have right now. :/

Bah didn't know about Eaves' concussion, I'm just going through the roster. We already have Mueller. Basically someone along those lines. Though if there is a 2C to part with...

It will be like this all this (lack of) season....

Bah didn't know about Eaves' concussion, I'm just going through the roster. We already have Mueller. Basically someone along those lines. Though if there is a 2C to part with...

It will be like this all this (lack of) season....

If we aren't giving up Flip for J-bo, then you aren't getting him for Ellerby. Actually, take Emmerton, he is a center and could be a 2C for you guys, just you wait. ;)

or Dany Heatley suing his ex-agent:

Heatley] alleges that his former agent and business adviser, Stacey McAlpine, as well as McAlpine’s parents, Gerald and Eugenia, lured him into several real-estate ventures across Canada and the United States with promises of huge returns that never materialized.

The lawsuit, filed last week in the Court of Queen’s Bench in Calgary, also alleges that Heatley’s former agent dipped into his bank accounts and made unauthorized withdrawals of more than $4-million.

The 20-page statement of claim alleges conspiracy, oppression, breach of fiduciary obligation and unjust enrichment by the McAlpine family, which Heatley accuses of using multiple corporate entities “as a sham, cloak or alter ego, in order to shield themselves from personal liability.”

Losing lots of money in real estate ? He's in good company.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... I was in the states for just the weekend and saw 2 massive "7500 beating hearts get stopped every day" and "Vote pro life" posters, as well as someone wearing a "73'000'000 Babies have been aborted in the last 50 years" t-shirt on a family-oriented camping ground.

For real? And I thought you'd only see that in the bible belt, but this was Washington State. Damn. Was SO close to making an abortion joke around the person with the shirt. We were playing Minigolf and I had my "Hey guys this is boring, can we just ABORT this game and do sth else?" line all planned out.

Socreges

Banned
So... I was in the states for just the weekend and saw 2 massive "7500 beating hearts get stopped every day" and "Vote pro life" posters, as well as someone wearing a "73'000'000 Babies have been aborted in the last 50 years" t-shirt on a family-oriented camping ground.

For real? And I thought you'd only see that in the bible belt, but this was Washington State. Damn. Was SO close to making an abortion joke around the person with the shirt. We were playing Minigolf and I had my "Hey guys this is boring, can we just ABORT this game and do sth else?" line all planned out.
I have no problem with anti-choice people being proactive, but a family-oriented camping ground probably isn't the most appropriate venue. Where was this exactly?

*paging Crazed*

Marvie_3

Banned

You should come to Minnesota then. There's anti-abortion shit everywhere here. Pisses me off.

I have no problem with anti-choice people being proactive, but a family-oriented camping ground probably isn't the most appropriate venue. Where was this exactly?

*paging Crazed*
Thank you for using the proper term.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I never saw those, those poor poor souls. One guy is wearing a Nash jersey too, wouldn't surprise me if he jumped in front of a bus.

I went to undergrad in DC. My school used to house March for Life-ers at our school every year. They wore some of the most gruesome t-shirts I've ever seen. Lots of pictures of aborted fetuses. The kids wore shirts like "I'm glad mommy didn't abort me." One day my buddy was walking past them in the rain and one woman goes, "Look it's the tears of all the children we failed to save." They were also predominantly fat, slow, and blocked the sidewalks. I hate pro-lifers, and not even predominantly for their hateful views anymore. Actually I've found that living in DC has made me hate conservatives more because on the whole they're just fatter, slower, and can't fucking figure out how to use mass transit. You can tell when they're here because they like to make sure they plaster their views on their shirts so everyone can see that they're assholes.

Osorio

I went to undergrad in DC. My school used to house March for Life-ers at our school every year. They wore some of the most gruesome t-shirts I've ever seen. Lots of pictures of aborted fetuses. The kids wore shirts like "I'm glad mommy didn't abort me." One day my buddy was walking past them in the rain and one woman goes, "Look it's the tears of all the children we failed to save." They were also predominantly fat, slow, and blocked the sidewalks. I hate pro-lifers, and not even predominantly for their hateful views anymore. Actually I've found that living in DC has made me hate conservatives more because on the whole they're just fatter, slower, and can't fucking figure out how to use mass transit. You can tell when they're here because they like to make sure they plaster their views on their shirts so everyone can see that they're assholes.

If pro-lifers spent like 2 months in the hood, they'd understand how important abortion can be to everyday society.

And yeah, it's amazing how you can spot a Republican on the subway immediately. They usually remind me of John Rocker, the butt plug.

rocker_mean.jpg

"I would retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the [Number] 7 train to the ballpark, looking like you're [riding through] Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing."

Stasis

Whaaaattt tthheee fuuucckkk. I think I lost my previous save and lost my online boost attributes. the slots are unlocked but not the attributes.

My god 13 needs to hurry the fuck up so I can get rid of this shit.

I can't even load my Be A Pro if I'm online/connected to PSN. It just gets stuck at 100% but never gets past the screen.

Can't wait for NHL13 (and the new problems it will have!)

Osorio

Ilya Kovalchuk (90) - Travis Zajac (84) - Patrik Elias (82)
David Clarkson (81) - Adam Henrique (81) - Steve Bernier (74)
Ryan Carter (73) - Dainius Zubrus (79) - Cam Janssen (66)
Eric Boulton (66) - Jacob Josefson (75) - Stephen Gionta (64

Adam Larsson (84)
Henrik Tallinder (83)
Anton Volchenkov (82)
Andy Greene, Marek Zidlicky (80)
Bryce Salvador, Mark Fayne (79)

Martin Brodeur (82)
Johan Hedberg (73)

What a fucking joke. So they're telling me Brandon fucking Dubinsky is better than Patty Elias who came 10th in scoring last season?

We don't have Boulton anymore. Bernier does not belong in the top 6. Janssen should not be above Gionta. Kovalchuk is RW, Clarkson is not LW. Larsson is our #1 D-Man?

Between this and the Hockey News saying we're coming in 11th because "And don’t forget this team was one goal away from being eliminated in Round 1." Even though guess what we were two wins away from the fucking Cup. I know for a fact that the media doesn't watch us play.

Haters gonna hate.

The first roster update is going to be huge. So many projected lines on all the rankings that won't ever come to fruition.

Deslauriers as Anaheims backup? Did they not see us sign Viktor Fasth? Noobs.

Marvie_3

Banned
Ilya Kovalchuk (90) - Travis Zajac (84) - Patrik Elias (82)
David Clarkson (81) - Adam Henrique (81) - Steve Bernier (74)
Ryan Carter (73) - Dainius Zubrus (79) - Cam Janssen (66)
Eric Boulton (66) - Jacob Josefson (75) - Stephen Gionta (64

Adam Larsson (84)
Henrik Tallinder (83)
Anton Volchenkov (82)
Andy Greene, Marek Zidlicky (80)
Bryce Salvador, Mark Fayne (79)

Martin Brodeur (82)
Johan Hedberg (73)

What a fucking joke. So they're telling me Brandon fucking Dubinsky is better than Patty Elias who came 10th in scoring last season?

We don't have Boulton anymore. Bernier does not belong in the top 6. Janssen should not be above Gionta. Kovalchuk is RW, Clarkson is not LW. Larsson is our #1 D-Man?

Between this and the Hockey News saying we're coming in 11th because "And don’t forget this team was one goal away from being eliminated in Round 1." Even though guess what we were two wins away from the fucking Cup. I know for a fact that the media doesn't watch us play.

Haters gonna hate.
*insert attendance joke here*

Top Bottom