• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Merguson

Banned
By the way, I know that the players do get a refund amount for whatever they pay through escrow. However, the NHL wants the escrow contributions to be higher as to cover the difference of no salary rollbacks.

Anyways I'm tired of talking about this so screw both sides regardless.

=
THe NHLPA's first proposal is currently unknown actually. They said they would be willing to decrease the player's share but how much is currently unknown. I guess the 57% comes from the third/fourth year option for the players to revert back which I think is stupid.

From what I read it worked out to be 53-54%(hard to tell) but they de-linked player salaries from HRR and gave themselves a 2,4 and 6% raises per year. I guess that also means no escrow. 4th year they revert back but NHL wouldn't want that so we'd have another lockout.

CREMSteve

Fuck.this.shit.

Hellooooooo NHL Connected League, EASHL and Guild Wars 2! (where I keep seeing milly).

Also, Hello Vancouver Giants? Abbotsford Heat? Maybe I'll go take a look at this Baertschi kid more closely and have a chat with him in his native tongue. :lol

Baertschi is really fun to watch, best thing about a lockout is you'll get to watch him for next to nothing. I imagine he would tear it up in the AHL.

Osorio

The Brooklyn Aviators and New Jersey Outlaws dissolved :(

QMJHL it is.

My last resort is to actually watch Knicks games this season.

MacAttack

Didn't get the job.

Feels bad man.
Know that feel bro.

I just lined up my fifth interview in the past few weeks. (seventh if you include second rd)

So far I have:

1. Been offered a job that got filled while I was interviewing for another company.

2. Second choice to an internal candidate.

3. Been overqualified.

4. No callback. (yet)

At least I've been able to get my foot in the door at some places but this process sucks.

Know that feel bro.

I just lined up my fifth interview in the past few weeks. (seventh if you include second rd)

So far I have:

1. Been offered a job that got filled while I was interviewing for another company.

2. Second choice to an internal candidate.

3. Been overqualified.

4. No callback. (yet)

At least I've been able to get my foot in the door at some places but this process sucks.
It really sucks for me, because I usually get edged out because someone is just a bit more qualified or experienced in the things they need done.

It's not like I lack the ability to do any of the work, it's that I lack the experience in doing them. There's a big career fair upcoming at my school and I'm planning on doing a lot of talking and networking there, and just seeing where I could go with my career.

It's super frustrating. Where exactly are you looking for work? Just browsing job sites?

The overqualified shit is the biggest bullcrap ever. Yeah lets get this dumbass to do the job and be shit at it.
It's actually more like... yeah, we need this work done, but we don't need it done THAT much in order to pay someone qualified market value for their services. We'll just hire some schmuck and pay him garbage to do sub-par work.

MacAttack

The overqualified shit is the biggest bullcrap ever. Yeah lets get this dumbass to do the job and be shit at it.

I thought I had that one in the bag. I think it meant I was asking for too much money. I was pissed off for a while after hearing that and I think it negatively effected my attitude at the last interview, which was hours after I got that news.

It really sucks for me, because I usually get edged out because someone is just a bit more qualified or experienced in the things they need done.

It's not like I lack the ability to do any of the work, it's that I lack the experience in doing them. There's a big career fair upcoming at my school and I'm planning on doing a lot of talking and networking there, and just seeing where I could go with my career.

It's super frustrating. Where exactly are you looking for work? Just browsing job sites?

It's actually more like... yeah, we need this work done, but we don't need it done THAT much in order to pay someone qualified market value for their services. We'll just hire some schmuck and pay him garbage to do sub-par work.

I'm using craigslist and indeed mostly.

Heretic

iczbsEmac7iou.gif

Hahaha!

That is the best troll ever. Baseball is only stable since Fehr isnt around.

He managed to keep baseball running without a hitch for what, 14 years? That's somewhat impressive.

Spectre, that sucks. Keep trying and stay connected! Talk to people, apply in person if possible.

He managed to keep baseball running without a hitch for what, 14 years? That's somewhat impressive.

Spectre, that sucks. Keep trying and stay connected! Talk to people, apply in person if possible.

No he didnt, there were multiple work stopages while he was there, and none since he left.

Goddamn worst time for a lockout for the Cats. The Canes suck, the Dolphins are historically bad, and the Marlins suck while managing to piss off the Cuban population. This is the perfect time for the Panthers to re-establish the team in the market with a successful season.

The plus side Bjugstad will be ready as well as Petrovic, Howden, and Robak.

Merguson

Banned
No he didnt, there were multiple work stopages while he was there, and none since he left.

From what I can tell, there's been three "stoppages" during his tenure. One was a lockout by the owners. Two were work stoppages.

Only one of the three have caused a loss of games which caused the cancellation of the World Series.

Also, Gary Bettman by comparison has had two lockouts under his belt. One resulting in a shorter season and one causing the entire season and playoffs to be lost forever.

He's on pace for a third lockout and a shorter season is very much a possibility.

Just saying.

RC

Banned
All the imminent lockout talk has got me depressed. But then I remember that the coyotes are still in Glendale, and Luongo still hasn't been traded.
Where's the cloest bridge?

Osorio

Shorten the season to 15 games and eliminate the playoffs. Leafs would quickly become heavy favourites.

Despite starting the season with an 11 game winning streak, they lose the last 4, all in overtime to end up in 2nd place. Columbus wins their first Stanley Cup in franchise history.

Cake Boss

Banned
Fucking cant stand these things. Ok make a nice video about fans not going to take it this time around and everyone is united and ladida sucking on unicorn horns. Ok you got everyone now how the fuck are you going to get the CBA agreed by both sides in 2 weeks, unless you are volunteering to be the arbitrator then you cant do shit.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fucking cant stand these things. Ok make a nice video about fans not going to take it this time around and everyone is united and ladida sucking on unicorn horns. Ok you got everyone now how the fuck are you going to get the CBA agreed by both sides in 2 weeks, unless you are volunteering to be the arbitrator then you cant do shit.

Shotgun diplomacy.

Get to work, Arab.

G17

Fan anger has to be carried out once the Lockout is done and games resume. It's really the only way. The video yes promotes Slacktivism during the lockout (can't do much else since what the fans want doesn't matter right now), but it's a great video nonetheless. Fans should be angry even after the Lockout is over and make it known.. unlike last time.

Cake Boss

Banned
Meh they will come back since there is no other alternative here in Canada since its where majority of the revenue comes from.

Plus the fans that say they wont come back this time around were not that big of fans in the first place.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The only way I would ever stop watching hockey is if Subban, Price, and Galchenyuk all got traded to the Leafs for Komisarek, and Mike Brown. Aside from that, I'm putting up with a lot of shit and abuse. Sad, but that's how it is.

"We are the world, we are the NHL." Please text hockey to 80076 to donate ten dollars to promote hockey in the desert and the Phillipines. Garu Bettman does not like Canadian people.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No but you can threaten them with whichever is your favorite of the 5,000 guns you own until they agree on a new CBA.

Pretty sure Arab doesn't own 5k guns himself, but his neighbourhood just finds that amount every morning lying around in the streets.
Too far?

That was really well made, too bad it will do jack shit.

pretty much this.

Amazing video, extremely well made, has some REALLY powerful clips in it (n-word, rypien, Teemu/Alfie, etc), but won't do much, unfortunately. But still, an amazing video.

Top Bottom